Leafs starting line-up 24/25

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
We know what the core top 4 forwards and vets are. To me the interesting thing will be what steps forward Knies, McMann and Robertson make. Will Knies turn into an elite power forward. Will McMann cement himself as a top 9 forward. Can Robertson add a defensive and board battle element to his game. How will Nylander adapt to centre. Can Pacioretty return to 20 goal form?

Knies. Matthews. Marner
Pacioretty . Nylander. Domi
Robertson. Tavares. McMann
Holmberg. Kampf. Jarnkrok

Dewar on IR to start I think. Reeves will no doubt get a chance with Berube if he can keep up.

Reactions: TMLAM34

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
We know what the core top 4 forwards and vets are. To me the interesting thing will be what steps forward Knies, McMann and Robertson make. Will Knies turn into an elite power forward. Will McMann cement himself as a top 9 forward. Can Robertson add a defensive and board battle element to his game. How will Nylander adapt to centre. Can Pacioretty return to 20 goal form?

Knies. Matthews. Marner
Pacioretty . Nylander. Domi
Robertson. Tavares. McMann
Holmberg. Kampf. Jarnkrok

Dewar on IR to start I think. Reeves will no doubt get a chance with Berube if he can keep up.
That’s how I can see the line up starting with Dewar and Minten injured.

Not a huge fan of the idea of Nylander and Domi on the same line. Also not a big fan of Matthews and Marner playing together, I’d rather split those two up to help our depth scoring.

Reactions: arso40

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Do you seriously think Tavares will turn back time to repeat his best ever season, which was six years ago when he was playing 1C? Least year he managed only 29 goals, and only 65 points while playing with one of the best wingers in the league, who ended up with 40 goals and 98 points. For perspective, JT has fewer assists than Willy had goals, while Willy had twice as many assists as JT had goals. JT hit 40 once, six years ago, while Willy has done it the past two years in a row.

It looks like the preseason will start with Marner with Matthews, Domi with Nylander, and JT at 3C.

All you said here are just bullshit

Nylander 5v5 pts last year
22 goal and 23 assist

Jt 5v5 pts last year
15 goal 20 assist

Nylander had 2 goal more than jt assist not a big deal to really talk abou5

15 × 2 = 30 and not 23

Nylander should have received more because he got his contract despite playing with a fading player, Tavares cost him that contract.

Matthews got his worst production at 5v5 on season he played the most with Nylander...That's why Nylander don't play a lot with Matthews,

amd sorry outside of matthews, nobody in leafs line up could be better to help nylander last couple of years to producing at higher rate at 5v5...

• Haha

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018

22 goal and 23 assist

Jt 5v5 pts last year
15 goal 20 assist

15 × 2 = 30 and not 23

Matthews got his worst production at 5v5 on season he played the most with Nylander...That's why Nylander don't play a lot with Matthews,

amd sorry outside of matthews, nobody in leafs line up could be better to help nylander last couple of years to producing at higher rate at 5v5...
As usual, you have to go to a smaller sample size and different types of stats to vainly try to refute something correct that I posted.

Try to actually respond to what I actually wrote (or better yet, don't bother).

arso40

Jun 7, 2022

22 goal and 23 assist

Jt 5v5 pts last year
15 goal 20 assist

15 × 2 = 30 and not 23

what????whered you come up with that we all see before he started playing with willy him and marner were terrible so how his 5 on 5 play with willy is the worst literally makes no sense

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
If they're committed to Nylander at C, call me crazy, but I'd make Marner his winger.

Do something like:
Knies-Matthews-Domi
Jarnkrok-Nylander-Marner
Pacioretty-Tavares-McMann
Robertson/Cowan-Kampf-Holmberg

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
Decided to make a new post instead of updated the old one after day 1 of training camp. The 23-man opening night roster below would have 105k in cap space assuming Pacioretty and Lorentz both come in at league minimum:

Pacioretty-Matthews-Marner
Domi-Nylander
-Cowan
Knies-Tavares-McMann
Lorentz-Kampf
-Jarnkrok
Extra: Robertson+Holmberg

Rielly-Tanev
McCabe-Hakanpaa
OEL-Liljegren
Extra: Benoit

Woll
Stolarz

Cap casualties: Dewar (trade) and Reaves (trade)

The bolded forward pairs are what I'm guessing Berube is going to want to stick with in camp for some level of line continuity. Players who are underlined alongside my projected scratches are the guys who I think the scratches will be looking to supplant to get back in the lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad