Leafs starting line-up 24/25

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
Obviously, we are talking about the season they starts in a few weeks weeks because of your Robertson comment.

I don't know if it makes sense to project an opening line up for a game a few weeks from now with 2C X for player we might acquire. I think the point of this is, given the players currently in the organization who is your starting lineup.

I guess yours has Holmberg or Minten as 2C. I have had Holmberg as 2C in a few of mine, usually with Nylander.

I am also pretty confident that Robertson signs and that tidally bumps Jarnkrok down to the fourth line.
Good timing.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
To spread out the offence. Also Domi looked really good as Matthews' right wing and I hate when Nylander and Tavares play together. But this could also work:

Domi-Matthews-Nylander
McMann-Tavares-Marner
Robertson-Holmberg-Knies
Dewar-Kampf-Jarnkrok

Also If Domi plays LW then somebody like Knies or McMann will need to play on the off wing.
Knies is top 6.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
A lot can change in training camp but my early lines would be something like this:

Knies - Matthews - Marner
Robertson - Tavares - Nylander
McMann - Holmberg - Domi
Dewar - Kampf - Jarnkrok
Reaves

Rielly - Tanev
OEL - McCabe
Benoit - Liljegren
Rifai - Timmins*

*If not waived for cap purposes.

Reactions: Folignos Helmet

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
A. Nylander shouldnt be in the Leafs lineup. He was signed to an AHL contract and isnt currently eligible to play in the NHL so there's no way he's in thr starting lineup for this year.

Also the comments about us having no 2nd line C are  extremely ridiculous... JT is clearly overpad, but suggesting a player who was a 30/30 player with decent defense and exceptional on draws last year is insane. He's getting severely over criticized because of his salary and our lack of playoff success.
Some of us expect Tavares to both slowdown as the season drags on and expect him to drop under 60 pts unless Marner goes psycho on his wing. If Mathews gets injured we may have the weakest C of all the playoff teams. Thus our wish for another good C with some speed. Tavares was never fast but now he often looks too slow for the current NHL.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Some of us expect Tavares to both slowdown as the season drags on and expect him to drop under 60 pts unless Marner goes psycho on his wing. If Mathews gets injured we may have the weakest C of all the playoff teams. Thus our wish for another good C with some speed. Tavares was never fast but now he often looks too slow for the current NHL.
How far are you expecting JT to drop under 60? Hes still a quality NHLer and id be suprised if he doesnt put up at least 60pts this year. Even 50pts given his other attributes would make for an average 2nd line C. As for needing better centre depth, that is perfectly reasonable since one of our biggest holes heading into training camp is probably the #3C.

The Matthews argument is flawed since most playoff teams would have the weakest C group of all playoff teams if they lose their #1C.

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
Good timing.
Yeah. Dreger was reporting it would likely to happen soon. I posted last week that it had to end in a contract because Robertson had zero leverage.

I also posted that Hakanpaa's delay could have something to do with getting Robertson signed first. Let's see.

jiggy35

Jun 26, 2012

McMann - Matthews - Marner

Robertson - Domi - Nylander

Knies - Tavares - Jarnkrok

Dewar - Kampf - Holmberg

Robertson - Matthews - Domi

Knies - Tavares - Marner

McMann - Holmberg - Nylander

Dewar - Kampf - Jarnkrok

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
How far are you expecting JT to drop under 60? Hes still a quality NHLer and id be suprised if he doesnt put up at least 60pts this year. Even 50pts given his other attributes would make for an average 2nd line C. As for needing better centre depth, that is perfectly reasonable since one of our biggest holes heading into training camp is probably the #3C.

The Matthews argument is flawed since most playoff teams would have the weakest C group of all playoff teams if they lose their #1C.
Its not flawed because it has happened. Thus our craving for a capable 2C on top of Tavares, who will be playing for next year. I expect Tavares to get 59 pts this year. Most upfront in the season and then he chills for what could be one last playoff push. If Leafs lose first round, the question is, does bringing John back even make any sense...

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
hmm wonder where Pac fits once he's signed??

Matthews, Nylander, Marner, Tavares, Knies and Domi all locked into the top 9.

Kampf and likely Dewar (although could be a spare) locked into the 4th line line.

that leave Pacioretty, Jarnkrok, McMann, Holmberg, Robertson, and potentially Cowan and Minten competing for 3 top 9 roles and 1 (possibly 2) 4th line roles.

will be interesting to watch it play out through camp

This is assuming Reaves is likely the 13th forward played in situational games (although wouldn't be shocked if he got waived)

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
McMann - Mathews - Marner
Knies - Tavares - Nylander
Robertson - Domi - Jarnkrok
Pacioretty - Dewar - Reaves/Holmberg

*I think the players on the 4th line will all rotate in and out at some point throughout the season

Reilly - Tanev
Benoit - McCabe
OEL - Hakanpaa
Liljegren

Reactions: supermann_98

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
McMann - Mathews - Marner
Knies - Tavares - Nylander
Pacioretty - Dewar - Reaves/Holmberg

*I think the players on the 4th line will all rotate in and out at some point throughout the season

Reilly - Tanev
Benoit - McCabe
OEL - Hakanpaa
Liljegren
Knies/Marner/Nylander are locked in top 6 wingers.
Assuming Cowan doesnt make the team and nobody else impresses in training camp, i feel like McMann, Robertson, and a healthy Pacioretty are the easy choices to fill the remaining 3 winger positions.

Also, Liljegren is undoubtedly in our top 6 dmen.

Edit: The above is under the circumstance where Berube considers Domi a C and uses him as such. If he's used as a winger, then I don't know who's the odd one out of the top 9.

Last edited:

Folignos Helmet

Sep 4, 2020
A lot can change in training camp but my early lines would be something like this:

Knies - Matthews - Marner
Robertson - Tavares - Nylander
McMann - Holmberg - Domi
Dewar - Kampf - Jarnkrok
Reaves

Rielly - Tanev
OEL - McCabe
Benoit - Liljegren
Rifai - Timmins*

*If not waived for cap purposes.
I like this or alternatively
Holmberg - Domi - Willie.
Robbie - JT - Mcmann

Domi and Willie seemed better together to me than JT and Willie

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
For some reason I see Nylander being shifted to C to line up as the RH option behind Matthews. I think Berube should and will use him there as it spreads out the lines nicely and I think Nylander and Marner have a nice little chemistry playing together.

Knies - Matthews - Domi
McMann - Nylander - Marner
Holmberg - Tavares - Robertson
Dewar - Kampf - Jarnkrok
Reaves

Rielly - Tanev
OEL - Liljegren
Benoit - McCabe
Haakenpaa*

Reactions: notDatsyuk

LegChairGM

Jun 29, 2021
Tavares - Matthews - Marner
Knies - Jarnkrok - Nylander
Robertson - Domi - Grebenkin
McMann - Kampf - Cowen

All four lines are DANGEROUS.

Last edited:

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Knies - Matthews - Domi
McMann - Nylander - Tavares
Holmberg - Marner - Robertson
Dewar - Kampf - Jarnkrok

Rielly - Tanev
OEL - Liljegren
Benoit - McCabe
Haakenpaa*

PP1
Matthews
Nylander
Domi
McMann
OEL

PP2
Marner
JT

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Pacioretty-Matthews-Marner
Knies-Domi-Nylander
Robertson-Tavares-McMann
Dewar-Kampf-Holmberg

Rielly-Tanev
OEL-McCabe
Benoit-Liljegren

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
FORWARDS
M. Knies ($ 925,000) - A. Matthews ($ 13,250,000) - M. Marner ($ 10,903,000)
A. Nylander ($ 1.000,000) - M. Domi ($ 3,750,000) - W. Nylander ($ 11,500,000)
N. Robertson ($ 1,180,000) - J. Tavares ($ 11,000,000) - B. McMann ($ 1,350,000)
C. Dewar ($ 1,180,000) - D. Kämpf ($ 2,400,000) - C. Jarnkrok ($ 2,100,000)

DEFENCE
M. Rielly ($ 7,500,000) - C. Tanev ($ 4,500,000)
O. Ekman Larsson ($ 3,500,000) - T. Liljegren ($ 3,000,000)
S. Benoit ($ 1,350,000) - J. McCabe ($ 2,000,000)

GOAL
A. Stolarz ($ 2,500,000) - J. Woll ($ 766,667)

Extras
C. Timmins ($ 1,100,000) - R. Reaves ($ 1,350,000) - P. Holmberg ($ 800,000)

J. Hakanpaa ($ 350,000 buried)

NHL Cap Limit: $ 88,000,000
23 Player Roster Cap Used: $ 87,905,000
Cap Space Available : $ 95,000
A. Nylander?

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
Knies - Matthews - Domi
McMann - Nylander - Tavares
Holmberg - Marner - Robertson
Dewar - Kampf - Jarnkrok

Rielly - Tanev
OEL - Liljegren
Benoit - McCabe
Haakenpaa*

PP1
Matthews
Nylander
Domi
McMann
OEL

PP2
Marner
JT

^^

This.

The number of people insisting we never find out if $11M RFA can do anything on his own is baffling.

I like Knies on the first line,it's about time we start looking ahead. Nothing to be gained from pumping Mitch stats by glueing him to the best goal scorrer in the league once again.

Let Knies and Domi get 1st line minutes and experiences.

Probably too much to ask from Mitch. We need him next to Matthews who, just for the record was 3rd in Selke voting this past year. Unlike Mitch Marner.

Why do we need Mitch glued to Matthews? I'm sure his PR team can answer that.

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Knies - Matthews - Nylander
McMann - Tavares - Marner
Dewar - Kampf - Holmberg
Reaves

Then try to fit in Pac if he signs. To be honest, I'd personally trade Jarnkrok or Kampf if he does sign (or Reaves, which is less likely). If it's Jarnkrok traded, then Pacioretty can slide up to the third line.

NJG

Jun 27, 2015
Robertson - Matthews - Marner
Cowan - Domi - Nylander
Knies - Tavares - A. Nylander
McMann - Minten - Jarnkrok

Rielly - Tanev
Benoit - McCabe
OEL - Hakanpaa / Timmins

Reactions: noosik

Ad

Upcoming events