Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign Liljegren to 2 year extension 3M AAV

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
It's $3 million... it's market value. If he had figured it out, and was consistent, it would be $5-6 million, like Durzi just signed.... You don't get top pairing, or second pairing finished products at $3 million.

I don't think many projects cost $3 million either... it is a slight overpay in my opinion.

I am not claiming he is trash like some posters here, but he has some work and $3 million is a lot for that.

Durzi is also overpaid.

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
Rather give that money to a Boosh actually.

Here’s the thing about Lil, this idea he’s a puck mover and can skate out of our end. Yes, against passive teams like Ottawa, he looks great. When we face an effective forecheck, he falls apart completely, blinding chicks grenades up the wall to nobody and doesn’t skate at all. He can’t process the play quick enough. He’s a mirage that disappears when you looks closer, or more correctly when the game gets closer. He made my eyes bleed last playoffs.
This guy needs massive open ice to wheel. He has almost no savvy agility nor the IQ to move the puck swiftly.

Liljegren as the second best puck mover after Rielly is the main flaw in our lineup.

It might not even be true anymore that he's the second best. I prefer when McCabe or Benoit ogre their way into the o-zone in contrast to this wanna be "offensive" dman Liljegren. Even Brodie's bank pass while standing flat footed would have been more useful than Liljegren moving the puck against Boston.

Don't even get me started on his wrister. Accuracy level -100

If Lil played 0 games against the Bruins we probably win the series too.

Reactions: DarkKnight

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
And Benoit is fully developed?????

we all like benoit; but he was a -3 in the playoff series. I like Benoit as much as the next guy to be honest. But quite frankly for me Benoit is a #7D. If we had better D I would have played him over Benoit in the playoffs. He hits and is physical for sure and we need it but his hockey IQ is not as high. To me both Benoit and Lily are going to improve under Berube and thats a good thing.

that said, if given a choice, I would play Lily over Benoit if I was coaching the Leafs

Leafs D 7 games against Bruins (i know small sample but margin of error in playoffs is very small we don't have 82 games to recover and in here IMO the plus/minus stats do matter).
1719786053273.png

Reactions: arso40

tuckerintensity

armed with will and determination
Jul 16, 2022
This one makes sense. I know people wanted him for less, but this is likely better than arbitration and is tradeable if you want to go that way later on. Less wasn't going to happen and letting him walk wasn't a good option either.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
One thing for certain, there are diverse views on both Lilly and Robertson... and in a year or so, we'll get to look back and make fun of one side or the other.

Reactions: thewave and arso40

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
Funny how he was 4th in ice time for the Leafs, for a 6/7 D... but carry on.
I'd imagine he's 4th in ice time. Our D isn't even worth being ranked last for anything to do with offence or transition. That can only be the case if you have players like Liljegren eating up ice time and expected to be one of the main 2-way contributors.

When Rielly was injured he was good for a few games and then teams figured out how to expose him with almost minimal effort.

Lilegren gives me so much anxiety. It's like a guarantee we throw at least 1 playoff game away for free because of his play.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
I think after Robertson is signed, we have all our forwards.

They still need a 2nd pairing RD and a backup (no way they gave Woll that contract without him being the projected starter).

It is not that bad, just no change, people should be pissed about that if they wanted it.

Along the LW we will have Robertson and Knies, Dewar , maybe they move JT to the wing, not sure that is a super strong 1 through 4 LW ... dream scenario they sign Stammer and move JT's contract.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Along the LW we will have Robertson and Knies, Dewar , maybe they move JT to the wing, not sure that is a super strong 1 through 4 LW ... dream scenario they sign Stammer and move JT's contract.

McMann and Holmberg (unless he is C) too.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
Who man’s the PK, surely not rookies……..

Maybe I'm too negative but I see this year as a wash anyways.

It's clear Marner isn't waiving. After hearing Bertuzzi wants to stay and is willing to take a paycut I want him more now. The culture on this team is broken and they need players who don't want to squeeze every cent from management.

I'd rather they get half a defence and lock up the top 6 depth in preparation for 20M in cap space next season.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Leafs - We fear an arbitration hearing will net Liljegren an award that doubles his salary, so we are going to shop him.

Also Leafs - we are going to extend him for more than double , even though he's been a healthy scratch in the playoffs two years in a row and showing little sign of being anything other than a bottom pairing guy.

On a day where so many teams either waived or didn't QO their high pick Dmen, the Leafs extending TL seems in keeping with a chaotic front office that's making it up as they go on, without any real plan.

Not a fan of Liljegren. Not a fan of this deal.

Reactions: Al14

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
McMann is a RW/LW shoots left but I think he mostly played RW - I could be wrong on that though, Holmberg is a RW/C that shoots right.
They both shoot left McMann mostly played on the lw holmberg played center and lw For us last year

Reactions: aingefan

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Maybe I'm too negative but I see this year as a wash anyways.

It's clear Marner isn't waiving. After hearing Bertuzzi wants to stay and is willing to take a paycut I want him more now. The culture on this team is broken and they need players who don't want to squeeze every cent from management.

I'd rather they get half a defence and lock up the top 6 depth in preparation for 20M in cap space next season.

Bert with got really hot after xmas or he finally got comfortable, he scored 6 goals in Oct/Nov/Dev and then scored 15 goals in Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr, between Mar 14 and Apr 9 (13 games) he scored 9 goals. Are his stats padded by a super hot streak? As a GM you wonder am getting a legit 20 goal guy every year of his contract or am I getting a 10 goal guy who might get hot and hit 20? You can probably say the same of Domi, he got super hot with setting up his linemates, he struggled to start too.

Reactions: Jmo89 and Gallagbi

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2