Speculation: Ducks are the only team without a single UFA signing (Still need to hit Cap Floor)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
You said 10 years. Changed that fast eh?
A joke of a team for 10 but a bigger joke next 3. You have been very consistent with your one rebuke of Oiler fans for the last few years so congrats on staying consistent. Maybe get over your inferiority complex? Past is past, future says one team is good the other is a joke

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
A joke of a team for 10 but a bigger joke next 3. You have been very consistent with your one rebuke of Oiler fans for the last few years so congrats on staying consistent. Maybe get over your inferiority complex? Past is past, future says one team is good the other is a joke
Woah! Aggressive! Yeah sounds like I’m the one with the inferiority complex here!

Sorry you are the expert on 10 year jokes. I’ve never been here before.

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
Why would an Oilers fan choose this fight? A fan of the team that was so terrible for so long that the entire draft process had to be changed.
They always do. It’s classic. They are the biggest “forgot where they came from” group going.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Why would an Oilers fan choose this fight? A fan of the team that was so terrible for so long that the entire draft process had to be changed.
Probably because the OP responds to any objective comment with “you guys sucked for 10 years don’t talk!”. I guess when you’re 40+ years old you lose the ability to come up with good responses but I thought I’d remind him

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
Ducks should pick 3 echl/ahl tweeners and just make their life with 2 million each lol

Probably because the OP responds to any objective comment with “you guys sucked for 10 years don’t talk!”. I guess when you’re 40+ years old you lose the ability to come up with good responses but I thought I’d remind him
You talked about a 5 year rebuild and I responded with half the time of the Oilers rebuild. Where was I wrong? Easily offended eh

They going the Sixers route of being one of the worst teams in the league for 5+ years. Trust the process

What an objective comment I responded too 😂

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Hey now. The bolded isn't exactly fair. Sorry for the essay, but since at least the 80s, bad teams have been bad for a long time before getting good. Yes, we were awful for a long time in that specific time period, but so where Buffalo, Arizona, Toronto, and Florida for a lot of those years. Let's not forget that dynasties were born from teams being bad throughout the period right before the Oilers time in the basement - Tampa got Stamkos and Hedman in back to back drafts at 1 and 2. Chicago had Kane at 1, Toews at 2, and Cam Barker at 3 within a 4 year span (yeah, Barker busted, but that's irrelevant), and before that, Pittsburgh had 5 years consecutively where they drafted Ryan Whitney (#5), Fleury (#1), Malkin (#2, but #1 most years), Crosby (#1), and J. Staal (#2) in the top 5. You can go back just a couple of years earlier to the Atlanta Thrashers too, where they had Patrik Stefan (#1), Dany Heatley (#2), Ilya Kovalchuk (#1) and Kari Lehtonen (#2) in a 4 year span. Heck, you can look back even further if you want at the Quebec Nordiques and see three straight 1st overall picks from 89 - 91 (Sundin, Owen Nolan, Lindros), and they had 3 top 5 picks in the years before and after those three seasons too. The Hawks just had #1 and #2 in the last two drafts, and San Jose is going to get another high pick next year, and probably the one after as well. Teams getting consecutive high draft picks isn't an Oilers only phenomenon, it happens regularly.

Now, consider that the Oilers only finished last twice - 09/10 when we drafted Hall, and 10/11 when we drafted Nuge. We won the lottery to get Yakupov (yay I guess, big help there, ha ha), and waited another 2 seasons before we got Draisaitl at 3 and then McDavid, when we again won the lottery but weren't in last place. Anyone suggesting it was only the Oilers that caused the draft lottery odds to change is looking at it only at the surface level, as we only got back to back 1sts one time. We only got McDavid because the NHL decided to monkey with the draft lottery odds. If they didn't change those odds, we don't get Yakupov (oh no!), and we don't get McDavid.

All that said, yes, those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks. I don't like seeing Oiler fans call out other teams when they are bad (except Calgary and Toronto, but that's different), because we were there for so long. But we weren't the reason for the draft lottery being changed, and if the league hadn't changed the ratios, we would only have had 2 of those 1st overall picks.

Reactions: GOilers88

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
You talked about a 5 year rebuild and I responded with half the time of the Oilers rebuild. Where was I wrong? Easily offended eh
Ducks have already been out of the playoffs for 6 years.
Looking at the state of the their roster, 10 years seems pretty probable.

BillyOcean

Jan 2, 2015
Man they made sure that first move counted. jansen Harkins...for a steal of a price. He could have gotten them to the cap ceiling!

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
The team needs some Vets. I get they are rebuilding, but your prospects are going to develop like crap if they have no support.

In that vain, I offer to help the Ducks. Nurse for a 2 2nds. Let’s get it done.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
The team needs some Vets. I get they are rebuilding, but your prospects are going to develop like crap if they have no support.

In that vain, I offer to help the Ducks. Nurse for a 2 2nds. Let’s get it done.
vatrano, gudas, killorn, fowler, strome

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad