Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign F Max Domi to extension (4 years, $3.75M AAV)

Budz

Jan 28, 2013
I truly hope the fans give Domi the ovation he deserves on opening night.

The rest of this team (Rielly aside) are all about the dollars first, winning second.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Thought he was getting 6mil or something. Isn't that what people were losing their shit about?

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
6 games in... and feeling like this one deserves a bump as a REALLY GOOD, underrated signing by Brad Treliving. You can't even argue the "age" thing and the contract turning sour like the Tanev / OEL deals... he's 29.

He has great alongside Matthews last year, and playing with Nylander this year has made him really dangerous.. Willy's got 5 goals already, but with the number of Grade A chances he's missed, Domi could easily have 3-4 more assists.

I get there are defensive warts in his game, and that trio is not exactly one I'd want out there defending a tight lead in a high pressure game.

However, the Leafs are in a bit of a unique situation with their #1 centre also being one of the best defensive centres in the NHL... if they can figure out how to put together a reasonable 3rd line that has a solid 2-way game.... they're going to be in really good shape. They've certainly got the pieces to do it as well.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
6 games in... and feeling like this one deserves a bump as a REALLY GOOD, underrated signing by Brad Treliving. You can't even argue the "age" thing and the contract turning sour like the Tanev / OEL deals... he's 29.

He has great alongside Matthews last year, and playing with Nylander this year has made him really dangerous.. Willy's got 5 goals already, but with the number of Grade A chances he's missed, Domi could easily have 3-4 more assists.

I get there are defensive warts in his game, and that trio is not exactly one I'd want out there defending a tight lead in a high pressure game.

However, the Leafs are in a bit of a unique situation with their #1 centre also being one of the best defensive centres in the NHL... if they can figure out how to put together a reasonable 3rd line that has a solid 2-way game.... they're going to be in really good shape. They've certainly got the pieces to do it as well.

I'm real glad he's stuck around. His passing is elite and the PASSION that he plays with can't be understated. Whenever he's on a line with legit top six talent he and his linemates cook offensively, whether he's at C or on the wing. Definitely wish he'd shoot more but when you've got a finisher like Nylander that isn't a terrible thing. Right now he, McMann, and Nylander are making beautiful music together as a line. If Berube and staff can get them to play with some more responsibility and discipline that could be a sneaky good second line.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton

Not even $4M! Hah, that's sweet,.for whatever reason I thought we signed him to 4x4. $3.75 is absolute robbery,

CapspaceKiller

Aug 10, 2020
He's got 2 really great attributes:

Skating and Passing.

He is a first line player in both and when he's playing with fast finishers like Matthews and Nylander he absolutely helps them and keeps up with them.

He is not a 3rd liner grinder who can drive a line. Play to his strengths.

Play him with stars like you are and gain the dividends. For the money he's making he's doing great and I expect this the entire duration of the contract.

Last edited:

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
I've always had a bias towards and against Max because I always thought his dad was a mutt.

But boy has he ever grown on me. Last year he started off really slow, but once he found his ground, he showed his worth. He's thriving now, and I think he looks great paired up with Nylander on a line.

$3.75 million per season for what he brings, and has the potential to still bring, seems like a bargain.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
You could just say you don't know and made it up. :thumbu:
Goes back to whatever you believe.

I believe he would have gotten more on the open market, if he chose to test it.

He chose not to, to stay in Toronto, hence the assertion he left money on the table to resign.

You need to chill a little bit. Anything you think remotely touches on Marner gets you triggered.

Your complete lack of objectivity has gotten old and made you a fairly one-dimensional poster in a way that you weren’t previously.

Maybe we stick to Steelers talk, starting with how great the looked Sunday, and how good it was to see Swann, Bleier, and Greene at the game. Losing Franco still stings.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad