Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign D Timothy Liljegren to extension (2 years, $3M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
yeah, he'll magically turn into Stralman in 3....2....1......

its not too bad IMO. For some reason if things aint working out he can be dealt.

I really think Liljegren is going to have a lot better year this upcoming season under Berube.

I think...

Rielly Tanev
Zadorov Liljegren
Benoit McCabe

isn't too bad....

May be we add Roy :crossfing and can run

Rielly Tanev
Zadorov Roy
McCabe Liljegren
Benoit

With marner's NMC/NTC still hanging; next season IMO is a wash. We are not winning the cup next season. When both Tavares and Marner are off the cap Treliving and the Leafs can really cook. This will give us 1 yr to see what we have in Lily under Berube. I really think Keefe was a MORON when it came to handling Lily.

Reactions: Macallan18

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
If people are willing to give Marner a flyer to see how he plays under Berube, the same should apply here. It's not a back breaker.

Reactions: Mr_Fun and Lilou

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Yuck.

Cap increase 4.5m

Willie +4.5m
Matty +1.161m
Domi +0.75
Lily +1.675
Woll +3m (next year)

Total $8.541 in raises alone (so $4m fewer dollars for the rest)

Reactions: rutz and rumman

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Is he Ufa at end of this deal?
Yup.
Walks him to FA.
If he plays 2nd pair minutes, he’s gonna bring good value. If he gets stapled to the third pair, not so much.
He got more AAV than I thought he would on 2 years actually, but this is effectively the equivalent of a show-me deal for a 25 year old.

Reactions: BigBlu

LeafParade

Jun 27, 2019
Yup.
Walks him to FA.
If he plays 2nd pair minutes, he’s gonna bring good value. If he gets stapled to the third pair, not so much.
He got more AAV than I thought he would on 2 years actually, but this is effectively the equivalent of a show-me deal for a 25 year old.
Assuming he plays all his minutes with McCabe or Benoit, he should be fine. Plus they need some insurance foe when Tanev misses game due to injury.

Reactions: aingefan

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Guys, the cap has gone up, some of you might be shocked to see some of the deals tomorrow.

Durzi is reporting to be extended in Utah for 4yrs $6m Aav lol

Yep. Anyone upset over this one will be stunned tomorrow.

What the hell did Durzi accomplish to earn that contract?

• Wow
Reactions: ToneDog

LeafEgo

Oct 8, 2021
Not super exciting but sounds like Tre won't be able to collect a full D corps this off season - not surprising. If an opportunity presents itself through the season, at the tdl, next off season, this contract won't be a problem to move.

In the meantime maybe he breaks out.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
I wonder if he still gets traded...
He would if I were GM. You can probably find a similar RHD for cheaper that can fullfill the same role. Cap space is a premium.

Someone else will be willing to take a flyer on him for his potential. He may remain "potential" until he retires. He should have taken bigger steps by now, not be the focal of playoff teams such as Boston whenever teams meet the Leafs.

Reactions: Al14

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Now trade him.

All this “wasn’t given a chance” stuff too. Last year they literally sat Benoit in Montreal because they wanted to keep Lil’s confidence high, Keefe even said it wasn’t really merit. Then factor in his right hand stick ace, which kept him in the lineup. He’s been given every opportunity, to the point of favouritism, he owns his failures.

He was such garbage last playoffs too.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Plenty to like about Liljegren. They need to add quality above/around him a bit but he can hold his own. This is a pretty solid deal without any long-term issues if he doesn't keep progressing or even if he regresses.

Prefer lower AAV, but no risk to it. At worst he stays a #5 and he can be included in a trade at the deadline, or he becomes a cheap #4.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad