Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign D Timothy Liljegren to extension (2 years, $3M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Richer than I’d like for two years but I’m glad they’re keeping him.. there’s room for growth and I really want to see what he can do under Berube.

Folks were jealous of Florida’s ability to have so many good players on value contracts, like Verhaeghe, Bennett, Forsling, and Montour. They took some chances on guys who have had ups and downs in their development but have shown promise. I think Lily has more offense in his game.

He really just needs to stay healthy. I think it's a good bet to keep him around with a new coach and what not.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
1719781265663.gif

Reactions: rumman

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
plays on 3rd pair with Benoit is my guess. Tanev with Rielly and McCabe - UFA.

Deal is a little rich, I’m not as high on Liljegren as I was a few years ago, but this won’t be a difficult one to trade, worst case.

Reactions: aingefan

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
UFA or not, a bottom pairing D-man this unreliable shouldn't be getting $3m

Liljegren has not really been unreliable as a bottom pairing guy. The struggles were more with when he moved up the lineup.

it’s definitely more than I wanted to pay, but if we are signing Tanev and we get a second top 4D, Liljegren in the 3 RD spot is very solid

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Don't hate it, you can always trade him later on, his value was probably at a all time low right now. And you don't wanna let him walk away for free..

Seems like we just need to sign 1 more d-man in FA

Rielly - Tanev
McCabe XXX
Beniot - Lilly

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Hmm, so many of the 20mil cap are left that people kept saying, Leafs got a lot of cap and they can afford to wait out JT's contract, to build a CONTENDER.

Only 13mil left with Tanev to sign, plus another Dman, a tandem goalie and two more depth players to round out the roster

Knies-AM-Domi
McMann-JT-MM
Calle-Holmberg-Willie
Robbie-Dewar-Reaves
950k player

Reilly-Tanev(4mil)
Z(5mil)-McCabe
Beniot-Lilly
950k player-Timmins

Woll
Goalie(4mil)

Hope there is trade as the forward group just doesn't look good

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
YES!

Good on you Treliving. Thanks for not giving up on him. You got 2 years to see what you got in him. I am willing to bet Lily would thrive under Berube.
my guess is if he isn't traded he's a press box regular.........

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
It's the same money the Canes gave Jalen Chatfield. Another 3rd pairing guy. That's a lot of dough for a 3rd pairing guy.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
I don't mind it. He is a NHL D but I would also be okay trading him for someone with more compete to his game, but letting him walk for nothing would have been silly.

Think this means they are out on zadorov. I think the extra money would have went to him if they let Lily walk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad