Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign D Chris Tanev (6 years, $4.5M AAV)

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Only place I disagree is the division. I think they really need to win the division.
They need to be ready when the playoffs start even more. We've seen teams finish 1st overall (never mind winning their division) who got taken out in the 1st round. You don't want that do you?

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
They need to be ready when the playoffs start even more. We've seen teams finish 1st overall (never mind winning their division) who got taken out in the 1st round. You don't want that do you?
The best teams, that play the most consistently in the regular season generally win their division. The best way to be ready for the playoffs is to be the best team in the regular season. Nothing guarantees you playoff success, but being the top team in what is likely the hardest division in hockey, over 82 games preps you pretty well.

Of course, a team like the panthers can squeak it in and make some damage like they did in 2023, but those are the exceptions. Last 3 cup winners all won their divisions.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I think they can do both - win the division and be ready. Berube strikes me as a coach who will have his team ready.
Whether they can do both or not has nothing to do with which is more important.
The best teams, that play the most consistently in the regular season generally win their division. The best way to be ready for the playoffs is to be the best team in the regular season. Nothing guarantees you playoff success, but being the top team in what is likely the hardest division in hockey, over 82 games preps you pretty well.

Of course, a team like the panthers can squeak it in and make some damage like they did in 2023, but those are the exceptions. Last 3 cup winners all won their divisions.
Tell that to the teams that finished overall who lost in the 1st round.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Great idea... except Kadri refused to waive to go to Calgary for the original trade of Brodie + Jankowski. That's why Dubas had to make the almost as bad trade for Kerfoot + Barrie.
I like Kraft PB, always have. I went to the store and Acme PB was on sale for .99 and they were out of Kraft.

So I bought the Acme PB, I didn't have to, but I just thought I came to buy PB, and even though they didn't have what I wanted and what was best for me. I did the thing I didn't have to do. What a bozo!

• Haha
Reactions: Gary Nylund

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad