GDT: Leafs @ Sens - 7pm - TSN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Yea A nylander, Cowan, Grebyenkin, Steeves don’t really seem to be doing anything too much

Even a guy like knies has been incredibly quiet.

This has been disappointing

Cowan may have taken a step back this fall. Doesn’t have the kid energy with Minten and probably not plying as free as he did last year with pressure in his own mind to make the team.

A. Nylander looks like a Marlie. Grebenkin definitely could use AHL time, just get acclimated and heavier. Robertson has hustle but isn’t even thriving at this level of competition. Steeves alright. McMann looks stone hands in close. Hirvonen reminds me of Kerfoot a little. Holmberg is customarily very vanilla. Kampf actually looks powerful and engaged out there.

Goalies have been impressive. Defense is just an organizational black hole.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
1727228015205.png

TIGERCOOL

Sep 29, 2014
Yea A nylander, Cowan, Grebyenkin, Steeves don’t really seem to be doing anything too much

Even a guy like knies has been incredibly quiet.

This has been disappointing
It seems that clever value drafting can get you some surprisingly useful support players, but not a lot of line drivers. Shouldn't be surprised, but sobering nonetheless.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Well, that was a boring one. Not too much to glean. Stolarz and Hildeby were great. Holmberg, Kampf, Knies, McMann, and Robertson looked like actual NHLers compared to the rest. Unremarkable night for Cowan and Grebenkin. Alex Nylander was also unnoticeable which was surprising. An AHL deal seems about right for him.

Defence looked about as bad as we all thought it’d be. Benoit and Timmins played about as well as expected. Everyone else was woof.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Yup. Our A squad got beat by their B squad and it looks like our B squad is losing to their A squad.
Good times ahead. I wonder what the excuse will be tonight

I find tonight is a nice break from watching Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Tavares and Rielly. The pattern to that groups ups and downs is very repetitive and personally annoying when they give the B effort. So at least it’s not that.

I like our goalies a lot in this game. That’s the bright spot.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
A. Nylander needs to get blasted by his brother tonight. Stop coasting and looking lost.

Compared to Willie, Alex doesn’t look like a guy who built up his strength all these years. Really doesn’t have the powerful base or the confident handles of his brother.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Cowan may have taken a step back this fall. Doesn’t have the kid energy with Minten and probably not plying as free as he did last year with pressure in his own mind to make the team.

A. Nylander looks like a Marlie. Grebenkin definitely could use AHL time, just get acclimated and heavier. Robertson has hustle but isn’t even thriving at this level of competition. Steeves alright. McMann looks stone hands in close. Hirvonen reminds me of Kerfoot a little. Holmberg is customarily very vanilla. Kampf actually looks powerful and engaged out there.

Goalies have been impressive. Defense is just an organizational black hole.

To be fair our four best defence prospects were all out for this one. Chadwick was just sent back, Danford is injured, Webber played last game, and for whatever reason Niemela was scratched again.

Benoit is good and Timmins is a borderline NHLer but they couldn’t carry this stable of misfits tonight.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
I liked Robertson, Holmberg, McMann. All three played decently heavy, pesky games. Robertson stood out offensively, but also seems to be able to take hits and stay on his feet. He took a step in that direction already last season, so positive to see. Hopefully contributes to his ability to stay healthy.

Goalies looked stout. The rest, meh. Mattinen especially horrible; way too lackadaisical, soft and lacks IQ.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

Ciao

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
The guy is like 26 and an own reclamation. The think he goes to the AHL but probably not a lot of hockey beyond that.
Mattinen is not NHL material, and he's too old to fit in a developmental league like the AHL.

Perhaps he could catch on in a lower level European league, or in coaching or player development.

I hope his hockey experience opens a door for him somewhere, but he just gave Leafs' management their easiest decision of the night.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Mattinen is not NHL material, and he's too old to fit in a developmental league like the AHL.

Perhaps he could catch on in a lower level European league, or in coaching or player development.

I hope his hockey experience opens a door for him somewhere, but he just gave Leafs' management their easiest decision of the night.

Yeah I don’t think we’ll be talking much more about Mattinen the way tonight went.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad