GDT: Leafs @ Sens - 7pm - TSN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
I posted this clip of a few zone entries we did in 2018.

Especially the first one with Rielly dropping it to Mitch and Mitch attacking the neutral zone with tons of speed, totally backed off the opposing defencemen and was able to get a clean dish off to Kadri along the boards.

This was about as clean of a zone entry you can get when it's drawn up like that and it was mostly due to Mitch's speed carrying the puck that pushed the Kings defence back and opened up space.

We haven't seen alot of these type of entries over the past few years.

Yeah having 3 stationary guys parked outside the blueline with an incredibly obvious drop pass set up defeats the whole point of having 2-3 guys in motion on the entry forcing the D to back up. Dropping back to a stationary shotless D/winger at the point should be a plan D back up plan when the options on the wall and deeper in the zone aren’t available for whatever reason, it can’t be your plan A every single entry.

Reactions: weems

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Ok, a decent first period. Some mistakes, but some goods tiff too. I’m having trouble identifying all the names, new lenses next week, but some enthusiastic efforts by most, encouraging. Stolarz, big and calm. Uses his body well. All in all, we’re I Berube, I’d be calling attention to a few details, watch out for lazy play - penalties - and generally pat the boys for a good start.
1727222835523.png

Reactions: meefer

Leaf4Life79

Jun 30, 2018
St. Thomas, ON
so holmberg doing it is a penalty

Tkachuk doing it isn’t

Sounds about right
Yup.....I'll never understand why tkchuk hasn't gotten. A proper ass kicking, just like the rest....I miss 80s/90s hockey...hello boys 'and girls'i typically don't post in the off-season, especially from last year's....very unsure of this year, but I do like Stolarz. I feel as though he will make #1 Patio Ready is so wrong in. Leafs jersey 'who ever saw that coming?' But ye did look good last game...

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Doesn’t even have to be a dump and chase, I can remember a few entries where Nylander looked like he was going to do the drop and as soon as the other team committed to it he just turned on the jets and caught 3 of them flat footed and overcommitted. Even just a 70/30 split on drop pass vs aggressive skating entry would be enough to keep them guessing, having a 50/40/10 between the drop, skating, and dump and chase would probably get the PP at least average in the playoffs.

Or… dump and chase times as part of a varied attack. And see how their PK unit does after repeated pastings into the end boards. Why can’t we weaponize an aspect of the game to make life harder on the opposition for a change…

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad