Post-Game Talk: Leafs remind the Oilers and their fans who their Papi is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
Hey Evander how many goals did the leafs score on the Oilers last night?
FrBpib8XsAEmV0F

Leaffan197703

May 29, 2021
He was just mesmerized watching the best player in the league
Some of this fellow's other tweets:

"Morgan Rielly s*cks a million **** per second when he’s out there on the ice Imagine being a defensemen that can’t defend, you literally can’t play the position you get paid to play f***ing trash can"

"Tavares has a chin made out of glass Someone will shatter it and put him in his place again, which is on the IR Dirty c**k sucker gets what’s coming to him"

This seems like a well reasoned and objective gentlemen. Definitely not someone who takes this stuff way too seriously.

On a sidenote I hope that gentlemen doesn't have a driver's license because his vision needs to be checked. That puck is clear off the post :laugh: :laugh:
Who would you want Reilly at 7.250 million or nurse at 9.250 million

Zur En Arrh

Apr 16, 2022
I have said it before and I will continue to say. Draisaitl is far and away the least impressive superstar in the entire league. Like visually. You can't deny the production, but when he isn't putting up points....which is usually on the PP he is non existent and arguably a negative for the Oilers.
100 percent. He's not a center, he gets ALL of his points from mcd sneaking on to his line and from the pp. He's a 60 point player TOPS without mcd. It's been obvious for years and everyone puts him as the second best center. it's putrid. Matthews >>> and it's never been close. marner is better than him. Hell Tavares is more productive away from marner a than he ever would be away from mcd. The mains have invested a LOT of time in the narrative that drai plays on his own line and gets zero points cause of mcd. That enough is for me to know they've been scared of Matthews for years.

Reactions: 3blizzard4

MilkofthePoppy

Oct 27, 2022
There was something different about this team last night. The desire to stick up for one another and push through adversity. Matthews seemed to relish playing against McDavid and Marner was absolutely electric. Glad to see Tavares stick up for himself for once! That slash was beautiful. Last night's win felt like something out of a Pat Quinn era game.

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
Refs did everything they could to help EDM. How is this not icing. A shoot in from 5-10 ft before the red line.
1678712610245.png

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
THIS PLACE IS GOIN NUTS!

I can attest, the place went crazy. Easily one of the best regular season environments this year.
Was funny watching the Oiler fans who were chirping endlessly when they went up 3-1 slink down into their seats.
There was a boy in a McDavid shirt next to me, maybe 6/7 years old. He went from having the time of his life to holding back tears within 5 minutes, we felt bad for the little guy. They never came back for the 3rd.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
I can attest, the place went crazy. Easily one of the best regular season environments this year.
Was funny watching the Oiler fans who were chirping endlessly when they went up 3-1 slink down into their seats.
There was a boy in a McDavid shirt next to me, maybe 6/7 years old. He went from having the time of his life to holding back tears within 5 minutes, we felt bad for the little guy. They never came back for the 3rd.
Poor kid, good life lesson though, it'll make him stronger

Much as I love Bowen, that title belongs to Foster Hewitt.

the GOAT for me is 90's Bob Cole

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
1st star Mitchy 2nd star Mitchy 3rd star Mitchy

What else can you say he outdid McJesus straight up baby .. absolute best player on da ice and there was no 2nd best .. honorary mentions to Acciari, Brodie, Willy and Murray (although he sucked in 1st he made some huge saves in 3rd to maintain lead) .. da more I see this year bottom line this team may only need to keep Mitchy and Willy .. JT scored yes but did not play well and same with Matty they were passengers riding shotgun

Scotia was rocking baby .. most lively I have seen place this year so thanks McJesus you brought some life .. nothing like Saturday night and a fast game

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
I thought he went down a little to quick and was too deep which opened up the top of the net.

Getting his skate caught up not once but twice behind the post, gave the Grease that wraparound, and then that run of the mill Draisatl one timer, which simpleton described as "showing his power" damn dude at least try to be real.
Fair, but to Ekholms credit, the shot did find a very small opening.
Losing the post was a drag. Like he was swimming in sand trying to get across.
Here’s hoping it’s just rust?
He did hang on and shut the door much better after the 3rd goal.

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto
What is the mourning period after your team gets annihilated by the Leafs? Because the babies are still crying over at HFOil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad