Leafs record in the next 5 games?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What record do the Leafs achieve?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I believe everyone is underestimating the goaltending impact, and Jack Campbell specifically, had on the 15-3 run. If we need that kind of goaltending again to get out of this funk, that is a big ask... not that Samsonov can't, just not sure it is a realistic expectation.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
We know the history of this team - they don't get up for the crap teams, but show up for the better teams.

Tough stretch against good teams coming up? Fully expect this to tturn around, at least in the short term. Think we get their best performance of the season on Wednesday against Philly, they'll feel good about themselves with a few days off heading into the Boston game, poo themselves, and then reel off a few wins against other good teams.

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
You guys are silly to not think they are going to turn this around. They have all the skill in the world. The issue with them is mindset. They play well against good teams. We know this. They play terribly against bad teams.

I'm going with 4-1.

This doesn't fix their issues, but we know when this teams goes on a roll, well... they go pickup momentum fast.

We know the history of this team - they don't get up for the crap teams, but show up for the better teams.

Tough stretch against good teams coming up? Fully expect this to tturn around, at least in the short term.
Yep. Feel exactly the same way.

Reactions: Nogatco Rd

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010

Tough stretch against good teams coming up? Fully expect this to tturn around, at least in the short term. Think we get their best performance of the season on Wednesday against Philly, they'll feel good about themselves with a few days off heading into the Boston game, poo themselves, and then reel off a few wins against other good teams.
Hopefully, but if not something needs to be done.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
For some reason if I click on a poll option it just redirects me to fiver.com , weird anyone else having this issue ?

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
18 wheeler comes early this year. 1-4 record.
Those are some good teams and the leafs just don’t have the ability to win decisively this year..
I think they will get smoked by Boston on Saturday but the rest of the games will be close.
Well just like that they proved me wrong. That was a solid team effort last night. Mmm tasty crow.

Reactions: willmma and Zybalto

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
I believe everyone is underestimating the goaltending impact, and Jack Campbell specifically, had on the 15-3 run. If we need that kind of goaltending again to get out of this funk, that is a big ask... not that Samsonov can't, just not sure it is a realistic expectation.
Campbell was excellent in November, but we didn't really need amazing goaltending to post wins. Post-November last year, while getting 0.888 goaltending behind the 3rd best defensive results in the league, the Leafs maintained a 114 point pace.

Reactions: wingman75 and kb

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
The Leafs are back on track, let's hope the goalie situation doesn't take us back down, but even when Campbell was playing horrible last year, the Leafs were still able to outscore that issue but we haven't seen that offense yet this year (other than the Philly game).

But all in all, the Leafs record so far this year is equal to or better than that of the Lightning, Avs, Panthers and Flames. Some cellar dwellars (Buffalo, New Jersey) might be having a hot start but then that happened last year also, then reality set in and everything went back to normal. Remember back when the pre-Matthews Leafs also had hot starts until the 18-wheeler came around.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Last year after a 4-5-1 brutal start.

The Leafs caught fire thanks to Jack Campbell and Joseph Woll who recorded a 12-2-0 November in 14 games.

View attachment 601393

Jack Campbell

View attachment 601395

Joseph Woll

View attachment 601396

Leafs got between .939 SV% to .959 sv% from their goalies to turn around the season.

The way the team is playing in front Leafs goalies this year and as they provided a combined .895 sv% in 10 games in October I am not expecting history to repeat itself this year.
It took 7 days for this to age incredibly poorly. Par for the course.

egd27

exspecta usque ad proximum annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
My guess is we turn it around short term and go on a decent run and everyone will absolve management and the coach and the players and we will falsely believe again. THEN we hit one more rough patch and it goes to hell. We have a ton of talent, we will win our share, that really isn’t the point for me anymore.
It's almost like you've been here before.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad