Leafs ranked 20th by Hockey's Future.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Lol, anyone can crap on a team 24-7 and occasionally be right. In fact, nowadays, if you predict bad things for the Leafs chances are you'll be right. The problem is when you are very very wrong and pretend it didn't happen. That doesn't make you impartial DO, it makes you a pessimist.

no that makes him right. because the Leafs have been bad. very bad. for a long long time now. if you were to suggest good things for the leafs any of the past few years that wouldnt make you realistic. thatd make you look like an idiot actually.

"The problem is when you are very very wrong"

Stop making absolutely certain claims. Try saying IF you are wrong. That might account for the possibility that the Leafs will continue to suck in the future as I predict they will so long as Burke and Nonis keep ****ing everything up. 5th last, 2nd last, 9th last, 5th last and in the bottom ten for prospects.

FAIL!!!!!!!!!!

Urban Explorer*

I think you people are getting confused about what you're arguing over.

1. Yes the kessel trade is better than the other 3 trades because the leafs actually got a good player instead of nothing.

2. Yes the kessel trade "could" be the worst trade of them all because if he walks after his contract and seguin and hamilton turn into hart, selke, norris candidates the Leafs would have gotten spectacularly hosed in the grand scheme of things, even more hosed than the niedermeyer deal. (and look pretty dumb)

So in essence, both sides are right as of now. But only the future holds the true answer.

Can everyone agree with that?

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
no that makes him right. because the Leafs have been bad. very bad. for a long long time now. if you were to suggest good things for the leafs any of the past few years that wouldnt make you realistic. thatd make you look like an idiot actually.

"The problem is when you are very very wrong"

Stop making absolutely certain claims. Try saying IF you are wrong. That might account for the possibility that the Leafs will continue to suck in the future as I predict they will so long as Burke and Nonis keep ****ing everything up. 5th last, 2nd last, 9th last, 5th last and in the bottom ten for prospects.

FAIL!!!!!!!!!!

Ah, one of those. Gotcha. Good to know the ignore list grows.

Come back when you understand hockey a little. Have a good night.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Does the hockey news give complete rankings for every prospect, have them ranked very very similar (with the Leafs individual prospects in most cases outranking the Chicago or Detroit prospects) and then put Toronto 10 spots behind each of those teams, basically calling into question each and every one of their rankings?

Either HFs prospects rankings are a farce or their teams ones are, which is it?

It is called an opinion!

One thing that I have noticed this year is the lack of ice time some of our young prospects are getting on the Marlie's....some are barely dressing. All the while a bunch of never will be's are playing a lot.....sure seems to me to be a great way to develop your prospects....

It really is sad!

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington

1. Yes the kessel trade is better than the other 3 trades because the leafs actually got a good player instead of nothing.

2. Yes the kessel trade "could" be the worst trade of them all because if he walks after his contract and seguin and hamilton turn into hart, selke, norris candidates the Leafs would have gotten spectacularly hosed in the grand scheme of things, even more hosed than the niedermeyer deal.

So in essence, both sides are right.

So in other words, and as ive been saying all along....the kessel trade could be the worst trade of all time for the Leafs...could be the 2nd worst....could be the 3rd worst....or who knows...maybe there is some remote possibility that the trade ends up good for both teams. We dont know yet so why pretend that you do know how good or bad it will be years from now?

So far the Leafs have only been **** while Kessels production has gone to waste and is now an upcoming UFA so pretty terrible results so far, also keeping in mind the METRIC TON of prospects Boston received.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
It is called an opinion!

One thing that I have noticed this year is the lack of ice time some of our young prospects are getting on the Marlie's....some are barely dressing. All the while a bunch of never will be's are playing a lot.....sure seems to me to be a great way to develop your prospects....

It really is sad!
So their individual rankings are wrong then....

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
The answer is in the thread. Several times. Go read it.

No. I want to hear it.

What is inconsistent about letting NHL scouts assess prospects on behalf of the hockey news.

THere is nothing inconsistent and actually in a court of law you can bring in EXPERT WITNESSES to prove things which is exactly what these people are...EXPERTS.

They know more than you and me both.

Apr 1, 2010

2. Yes the kessel trade "could" be the worst trade of them all because if he walks after his contract and seguin and hamilton turn into hart, selke, norris candidates the Leafs would have gotten spectacularly hosed in the grand scheme of things, even more hosed than the niedermeyer deal. (and look pretty dumb)

So in essence, both sides are right as of now. But only the future holds the true answer.

Can everyone agree with that?

Nice try but not a chance.

The Kessel deal will never be worse than the other three.

Reason: 3 30 goal seasons from Kessel. We got 1 decent year from Raycroft and that is all we had to show for the three other deals.

And Kessel won't walk. He'll either extend or be traded.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Ah, one of those. Gotcha. Good to know the ignore list grows.

Come back when you understand hockey a little. Have a good night.

Oh so when people actually call u out on your crap and bring actual thought to the table u ignore it. what a way to go through life. If i dont like it ignore it! hahahaha

Apr 1, 2010
No. I want to hear it.

What is inconsistent about letting NHL scouts assess prospects on behalf of the hockey news.

THere is nothing inconsistent and actually in a court of law you can bring in EXPERT WITNESSES to prove things which is exactly what these people are...EXPERTS.

What planet are you on?

Just read the thread.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington

Reason: 3 30 goal seasons from Kessel. We got 1 decent year from Raycroft and that is all we had to show for the three other deals.

Raycroft took us closer to the playoffs. He has a record for wins.

Phil Kessel has led us to the sewer of the league every year and has no record for points.

He could be a member of another team after next year and that will be all we received in return for Seguin Hamilton and our other draft pick.

So yes the trade could be much worse than any of those.

Urban Explorer*

So in other words, and as ive been saying all along....the kessel trade could be the worst trade of all time for the Leafs...could be the 2nd worst....could be the 3rd worst....or who knows...maybe there is some remote possibility that the trade ends up good for both teams. We dont know yet so why pretend that you do know how good or bad it will be years from now?

So far the Leafs have only been **** while Kessels production has gone to waste and is now an upcoming UFA so pretty terrible results so far, also keeping in mind the METRIC TON of prospects Boston received.

That's true, but I would only consider the Kessel deal the worst of all time if he walks and Seguin and Hamilton go on to have great careers in making Boston a contender for years to come. Otherwise it's easily not the worst trade in the history of Leafs.

I don't think we can definitively answer the question for at least 6 more years. If I was a betting man though at this time in the game, I wouldn't bet on it turning out as the worst trade of all time.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
What planet are you on?

Just read the thread.

No. I want to hear it.

????????????????????

Urban Explorer*

And Kessel won't walk. He'll either extend or be traded.

Sometimes you have to look at what you lost and not what you received. If Seguin and Hamilton turn out to be hart trophy players and Kessel walks for nothing, it would be hard to not mention it among the worst trades of all times (in the grand scheme of things, not a season by season basis)

The Blue Devil

Nov 9, 2009
Ok, so never mind Detroit of Nashville...

What do you think of the fact that both the hockey news rankings (created by professional nhl scouts) AND HF both list the leafs as 20.

Do you consider the possibility that our prospects are simply mediocre?

I consider your posts on the Leafs mediocre, does that count?

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
That's true, but I would only consider the Kessel deal the worst of all time if he walks and Seguin and Hamilton go on to have great careers in making Boston a contender for years to come. Otherwise it's easily not the worst trade in the history of Leafs.

I don't think we can definitively answer the question for at least 6 more years. If I was a betting man though at this time in the game, I wouldn't bet on it turning out as the worst trade of all time.

Reasonable. Very reasonable. A sign of maturity!

I too dont think it will be the absolute worst but up there in the top five easily. Its only getting worse the more the Leafs spend in the sewer of the NHL. We can guess, but at the end of the day we cant predict the future (except for carlo who really does think he can!) so yes I think another 4-6 years will tell us what we all want to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad