Post-Game Talk: Leafs @ Rangers 1/26/13 "Boyle stole DZ's goal" Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
Very good comeback win. Needed this to build confidence.

POTG: Gaborik
The Good: Nash, MDZ, Ferreiro, Staal, Boyle
HM: Hagelin
Bad: The fights
The Powerplay: The Powerplay

Panfork

Pacioretty Hater
Feb 1, 2010
NY
That was truly beautiful. I knew they'd pick the game up after the 1st and take the win. The negativity in the first thread was brutal, they played great hockey all game long.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Good game overall. even being down 0-2 they outplayed the Leafs all night and finally the goals came

Del Zotto is being pretty awesome this year...he's not perfect but he looks like he's taking another step forward offensively and he's moving the puck with authority and reading the play really well in terms of when to jump up, etc. Torts is giving him a lot of icetime now and he's handling the right side pretty well. Still could clean things up defensively at times but he's been pretty solid, and I feel like that pairing is becoming the "offensive pairing" while McD and Girardi are the "defensive pairing"

Fierrero looked pretty good in the time he got, I think he stays up. Still woud like to see the lines rolled more but with the Rangers having to play from behind all game it makes sense

Nice to see the 3rd line get a goal and generally they all seemed to play pretty well

Lundqvist was solid, though he didn't have a lot of work. Not a lot he could do on those goals

Hopefully they keep it up, that was a good game

Maaxse

Aug 23, 2011
Montreal
I'm quite happy and positive, but i think we call agree we can't afford those defensive lapses against the Flyers.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
Good: DZ, Staal, Nash, Gaborik; I thought Ferreiro was okay.
Bad: didn't like Richards on the PP;
Redden: TOR even having a shot in this game...that's not on anybody though

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
-Gaborik
-Nash
-Del Zotto

Gaborik is lighting **** on fire. Nash is 1000x better than I expected him to be, what a talent he is. I feel blessed to have him on our team. Enough said. Richies best game so far, Staal played great minus being out of position on the 2nd goal. Our defense still needs to work on their positioning as its easy to see its not there yet. Hank is coming along. Lets hope this is the start of a beautiful thing.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I know most people will talk about that first line but I like the way the 2nd and 3rd finished the game.

Pyatt-Boyle-Stepan
Hagelin-Ferreiro-Callahan

Seemed to be legit chemistry there

bumrusherer

Nov 17, 2007
Best total effort this season...awesome to see our 3 main guys dominate the game like that.

And credit to our back end for shutting the door after a slow start.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Over a condensed season, we are going to have to find a way to better evenly distribute the minutes. I don't think the 4th line saw the ice in the third.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Only saw the last period, but the 3 lines they were rolling looked really good. the staal-DZ pairing was also flying.

I need to watch more games, I saw the first period of the Boston game (2 goals) and last of today (4 goals).

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
tumblr_inline_mgvp113tWz1qg34r0.gif

GG boys.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
Three stars:

1)As a unit, the EW&F line. 8 points. Count 'em; EIGHT!!!

2)Marc Staal. Great on D and fueled the comeback on offense.

3)What the hell, I lied Ferriero's effort, I'll toss him a bone.

d2dd6a8eb0ae12f9fc52b074f1d5a951_best.jpg

MSG needs to play September when that line scores.

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
Also I maybe in the minority on this one but the Gabby-Richards-Nash line should be broken up to spread out the offense on this team unless Hagelin steps up to be a true goal scorer. We cannot have Rupp on the as our 3rd line rw. It will sprwad things out and IMO create a more balanced attack. I think that line should only be used for pp situations and late in the game 3rd period down 1 goal moments.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad