OT: Leafs Lounge #118: #BostonStrong

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
Yup, remember this next time you're typing something mean about me, like what you posted above.

You got awfully close to hurting my feelings.

I'm sorry :(

Lol. Daily quizzes? Why would a teacher want to put himself through more work by marking. Unless of course you switch your quiz with another random student and they mark it. Then, it seems like a good idea. He will be taking 10-15 minutes out of his teaching time. Could browse HFBoards in that time frame, or update the fantasy team before the night's activities.

Grant, check out Fangraphs. Best statistical site for baseball. Don't worry about the advanced stats (unless you are interested in learning), as it won't be applicable to fantasy baseball. Go to leaderboards and check out pitching/batting. Or go to each team respectively. When you search up an individual player, they will have the game-updates if he is playing. I am not too sure how quickly it tracks though. I know in the Yahoo Fantasy Baseball, it comes with this feature.

Also, I am pretty much screwed for this upcoming exam tomorrow. And the Prof. gave us the questions ahead of time! Instead of studying, I have been trying to do the math based on what questions he will pick out of the options he gave us. I've been stuck.

I just wanted a place that updated put outs basically and baseball reference gave that to me, I'm good :laugh: Each put out is worth half a points while each base you get is a single point. Needless to say I've stocked up on first basemen because of this, they get me like 4+ points a night for catching a ball with their foot on the plate :laugh:

Dangles McGavin

RIP Lounge
Jul 7, 2010
Seattle/Waterloo
I just typed you a paragraph...

tumblr_lmohws2rjS1qfhdato1_500.gif

And I was going to respond! Just needed to :facepalm: for a few minutes over how I ****ed up the name.

I want to do business I guess, but I don't even know what. I really wanted to go to Western, didn't get accepted so just got a job and have been waiting. My avg was like an 84, apparently they wanted 85+, I don't even know. I'm probably going to apply to different universities either this coming year, or the one after. The work experience has really helped me a lot though, because during high school I never had a job. Oh, and the unis I'm probably going to apply to will again include Western, but I'm not going to get my hopes up again, so like Ryerson, York, Waterloo, etc.

I'm done hs :laugh:

Working is super helpful. If you have a ****** job, you learn how to endure absolute hell for 8 hours a day. Then doing at least semi-interesting school work shouldn't seem as bad. I had a job grade 11 and 12... fortunately I loved it (worked at Rona... it was really chill and the people there were awesome).

I go to Waterloo. If you want a social school- not the place, at all. One of the best schools for Engineering/Math/Computer Science. Definitely would not recommend UW for business though- I've taken a handful of business courses in my time here, and to put it bluntly- it's utter ****. Profs suck, there's no overall direction to the courses... it's just a bunch of crap thrown at you. It's also reeeeeally easy. UW is very good for accounting though.

IDK man, if you really want to go to Western, try contacting someone there and asking what you could possibly do to get in. There's got to be something you can do aside from just sending in an application, but I don't really know.

Laurier is apparently good for business too... I don't like business :laugh: It's so vague; you leave with a degree and a bunch of equivalent knowledge of all of your classmates; no real SKILLS (unless you do a very specialized program I guess). I wanted to do business out of HS but I remember I ran into a guy who essentially told me what I just wrote, and I thought about it a lot and figured it wasn't for me. So glad I chose that- business is so much reading... I ****ing hate reading. Computer Science is just working your ass off :laugh: I like more applied learning.

Of course, go for what you're interested in. But in business it's really damn difficult to get a step ahead of anybody else.

Edit: I swear a lot.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
No motivation to continue studying. The last exam is always the hardest to study for :laugh:.

Completely agree. Going to be super tough for me to get studying. I only have the 1 exam left but it's on the 26th. Obviously I'm not going to do anything for a couple of days and it's going to be so hard to get back into it.

SeenSchenn2

Itchin' For Mitch
Jun 15, 2010
Thornhill, ON
Especially if it's an elective or something that you can justify in your head that it 'will definitely be easy'.

Well while you guys are finishing off your semesters I'm getting ready to start mine in 2 weeks :D

That's the worst haha. Mine's not a 'core' course per se, but semi-important. But the fact that I'm done tomorrow just makes me not want to study.

Edit: Just read your other post, UW... very nice. Terrible city though :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
Holy crap suzuki has sucked for the yankees this year. Just dropped him for a guy who is listed as able to play LF but has played 1B all year to replace him. Good switch.

At least I think it will be a good switch, I still don't really know what I'm doing. Purely going off of stats.

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
And I was going to respond! Just needed to :facepalm: for a few minutes over how I ****ed up the name.

Working is super helpful. If you have a ****** job, you learn how to endure absolute hell for 8 hours a day. Then doing at least semi-interesting school work shouldn't seem as bad. I had a job grade 11 and 12... fortunately I loved it (worked at Rona... it was really chill and the people there were awesome).

I go to Waterloo. If you want a social school- not the place, at all. One of the best schools for Engineering/Math/Computer Science. Definitely would not recommend UW for business though- I've taken a handful of business courses in my time here, and to put it bluntly- it's utter ****. Profs suck, there's no overall direction to the courses... it's just a bunch of crap thrown at you. It's also reeeeeally easy. UW is very good for accounting though.

IDK man, if you really want to go to Western, try contacting someone there and asking what you could possibly do to get in. There's got to be something you can do aside from just sending in an application, but I don't really know.

Laurier is apparently good for business too... I don't like business :laugh: It's so vague; you leave with a degree and a bunch of equivalent knowledge of all of your classmates; no real SKILLS (unless you do a very specialized program I guess). I wanted to do business out of HS but I remember I ran into a guy who essentially told me what I just wrote, and I thought about it a lot and figured it wasn't for me. So glad I chose that- business is so much reading... I ****ing hate reading. Computer Science is just working your ass off :laugh: I like more applied learning.

Of course, go for what you're interested in. But in business it's really damn difficult to get a step ahead of anybody else.

Edit: I swear a lot.

My jobs pretty good I guess, I don't really mind it and I see a lot of babes everyday haha. Whaaaaaat? Waterloo isn't a social school? Like you mean the parties right? How's that even possible with two campuses beside each other? Anyway, I hated accounting in high school. It was probably the most boring course I've ever taken, but I took it in grade 11 and 12, I have no idea how someone can be an accountant, that has to be the most boring job on the planet.

Laurier is still a possibility for me, but if I had the option I'd rather go to uni in Toronto, Ryerson or York. Honestly, the three main reasons why I want to do business are 1. I wasn't too good at math (average) 2. I want to work a job where I wear a suite, live downtown in a condo with preferably a model wife (blonde) and have a sick car 3. I like money. I'm not set on business though, I heard teaching is a good option for males because they are hiring many more male teachers than females, or maybe criminology because its really easy and one can just apply to law school after. I'm liking the business and teaching ideas though, I think I'd be a ****ing dope teacher. Probably middle school or high school, history or english.

What are you doing at UW right now? And how are the girls at your school? :sarcasm:

Nah, but seriously. Answer my last question, its the most important haha.

EDIT: someone shotty the next LL please, we don't want a guy like Terry or SS2 making it.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
Just got an email inviting me to this job fair for part time positions, still not sure if I want one but will go anyways. I get the feeling it shouldn't be that difficult, seeing as there is only one day they are doing interviews and it's on a tuesday from 10am to 6pm so not many highschool kids will be able to go.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
I'm waiting on Laurier to accept me.

Please.

Pretty please.

If not then ill go to UTM for commerce or Ryerson for Accounting/Finance.

Loved the practice lecture at Ryerson when I went, and it seems like a cool school. Just the commute is the biggest pain in the ass. I hate subways.

SeenSchenn2

Itchin' For Mitch
Jun 15, 2010
Thornhill, ON
I'm waiting on Laurier to accept me.

Please.

Pretty please.

If not then ill go to UTM for commerce or Ryerson for Accounting/Finance.

Loved the practice lecture at Ryerson when I went, and it seems like a cool school. Just the commute is the biggest pain in the ass. I hate subways.

Especially from Vaughan man. 8 am classes are going to be brutal to wake up for. But a great school nonetheless.

So many damn weirdos on the subway, too.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Especially from Vaughan man. 8 am classes are going to be brutal to wake up for. But a great school nonetheless.

So many damn weirdos on the subway, too.

Yup, took me an hour and a half to get down there.

So many weirdos down town. Can't stand it.

Some guy ran off the subway, stuck his face in the garbage bin, took out a piece of newspaper with his teeth, and ran back into the subway while making weird noises.

That **** is weird. And hobos piss me off.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010

Some guy ran off the subway, stuck his face in the garbage bin, took out a piece of newspaper with his teeth, and ran back into the subway while making weird noises.

:biglaugh:

SeenSchenn2

Itchin' For Mitch
Jun 15, 2010
Thornhill, ON

:biglaugh: Yup I've seen my share of weirdos. Hobo's piss me off too, so many around Rye too...

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London

I haven't met anybody nearly as weird as that in my travels to school :laugh:

Baarle*

May 29, 2010
28.294194, -39.07612
Daily quizzes seem kinda ridiculous to me, imo. The teacher is basically expecting you to only miss one day of school that entire semester which is very unrealistic.

I don't know, maybe go talk to your guidance counsellor or principal and get them to try and talk to the teacher or pull strings for you.
I plan to talk to the VP's tommorrow. Also, if you're signed out, ie. you play sports, you're not docked marks. But apparently a 50th wedding anniversary is less credible than a tennis tournamet...
OMG I COMPLETELY ****ED UP THE NAME

Meant Baarle.

I'm tired.

I'm out.
Yea, I want to do Real Estate at UBC or Marketing at Carleton. My average won't be high enough for UBC, but my average is fro Carleton, just math isn't.

Lol. Daily quizzes? Why would a teacher want to put himself through more work by marking. Unless of course you switch your quiz with another random student and they mark it. Then, it seems like a good idea. He will be taking 10-15 minutes out of his teaching time. Could browse HFBoards in that time frame, or update the fantasy team before the night's activities.

Yea, we mark them ourselves, and he records the marks and gives them back. He needs something to do for the last 20 minutes while were doing homework :laugh:

But basically, I'll talk to a VP tomorrow and see what happens. Even a 68 or 69 I would be happy enough I guess.

JMcLeaf

I've had a homeless guy scream gibberish in my face downtown when I was waiting for bus. One day I was on the bus and this guy that was about to get on spit in both hands then rubbed them together and then walked down aisle of bus touching every bar. ****ing disgusting. The one morning there was this guy that was the nastiest smelling guy i've ever smelled sitting beside me. ****ing hate the bus.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010

:biglaugh: Yup I've seen my share of weirdos. Hobo's piss me off too, so many around Rye too...

I haven't met anybody nearly as weird as that in my travels to school :laugh:

It was a realllllly tall black guy. Probably 6'4ish.

Really weird, I was ******** my pants and laughing at the same time.

Left a bad impression on me... That was the first time I went to Ryerson. Can't stand doing that 1000 times more.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Who goes to Rye High? Enjoy paying for high school?

I'M KIDDING!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad