Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose Game 1: 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
Just breath guys. You gotta remember last series and the absolute crap first game the Leafs played. They still won that in 6 games. I'm not saying we win the series but damn we gotta take a breath here and remember game one is only game one. There was a lot more to be happy about this game vs game one against tampa.

Most of the time we score 7 goals in a game when we get this many chances. I don't think we need to make major changes compared to last series. Nylander had a flunker until the 3rd. Marner wasn't really good. Sammy was great but he had a bad goal 3rd goal against him. But overall we played decent.

It's going to be a much higher paced series compared to Tampa with more chances going both ways. Florida has a good team that can score so who knows who that kind of play favors.

But BREATH guys, it's not the end of the world.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
Despite the loss I can't be upset about how the boys played.

Even the officiating wasn't horrible - except, y'know, the 3-4 times they seemed to get into the way of Leafs (and only Leafs) players.

Can't blame Sammy on any of the goals - a lucky bounce, a long tip, a breakaway and a prolonged 6-on-5.

Aside from a big game four Willy has been a f***ing ghost since - except for tonight in the 3rd, he tried to make it happen.

Matthews, Knies and Mo were the Leafs MVPs tonight. Liljegren is a monster step up from Holl, which you or I could have told Keefe. Bunting looks great when he's not doing dickish after the whistle shit and even Kerfoot was battling hard.

Gio does nothing but miss the net.

In the Panthers I see a team that plays hard and mounts a heavy forecheck - but at the same time they give up a lot of chances the other way, which can't stand - the Leafs didn't get this many chances against Tampa in three games.

Gudas did a Gudas thing on the Bunting goal - exposed himself by going for the big hit and getting burned - though to be fair McCabe did the exact same thing on the Verhaeghe goal.

Bob put up a better show than anything Vasi did in the first round, hats off.

I still maintain Leafs in 6.

Beanzy

Nov 14, 2018
waterboy-we.gif

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Disapointing to lose that game but we controlled large stretchs of the game with our pace and created lots of chances but Bobrovsky was very good.

If we continue to play like that we will have a very good chance to win the series.

Knies is going to be a star.

Last edited:

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Just breath guys. You gotta remember last series and the absolute crap first game the Leafs played. They still won that in 6 games. I'm not saying we win the series but damn we gotta take a breath here and remember game one is only game one. There was a lot more to be happy about this game vs game one against tampa.

Most of the time we score 7 goals in a game when we get this many chances. I don't think we need to make major changes compared to last series. Nylander had a flunker until the 3rd. Marner wasn't really good. Sammy was great but he had a bad goal 3rd goal against him. But overall we played decent.

It's going to be a much higher paced series compared to Tampa with more chances going both ways. Florida has a good team that can score so who knows who that kind of play favors.

But BREATH guys, it's not the end of the world.

It's not the first game of the first series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad