Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 4-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
The Leafs are being too fancy and cute on the power play, focusing too much on getting Matthews the puck to shoot. They need to move the puck around more and take some shots from the point, with a player in front of the net for deflections. Is that really so difficult to do? FFS!

12.5% is just not going to cut it.
Still not using the shot from the point, now OEL is there it should be a weapon they use imo……..

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Last season was definitely not embarrassing the way some of the other ones have been.
For me, the only truly embarrassing ones were Columbus and Montreal, and if we were being honest the Columbus series probably should have been a coin toss given how bad that Leafs team was going into the COVID shutdown. There are no words for the Montreal series.

Rangers are winning the cup this year. Imma put money on it
Nah. People who think Marner disappears in tight games should watch Panarin.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
For me, the only truly embarrassing ones were Columbus and Montreal, and if we were being honest the Columbus series probably should have been a coin toss given how bad that Leafs team was going into the COVID shutdown. There are no words for the Montreal series.

Nah. People who think Marner disappears in tight games should watch Panarin.
Panarin was pretty good last playoffs, they have some experience winning in the playoffs and great goaltending so I wouldn't scoff at their cup chances. Then again, considering our history I wouldn't scoff at anyone's cup chances. I'd just keep my head down and my mouth shut until we actually, finally make some noise in the playoffs.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I didn't get a chance to post over the weekend.

It was a good entertaining game, against one of the top teams in the league, that we held to two goals against, which isn't bad. Ignoring the empty net goals of course.

On the flipside, if you take a look at the league leaders in Goals Saved above expected, Montembeault and Shesterkin are #2 and #3 in the league. Once again, we've made goalies look good, and padded their stats.

So far, three good games, two games where we've made goalies look good. Honestly, with some adjustments, we should be 5-0, hopefully Berube can get through to these guys.

The Robertson/Tavares/Holmberg line isn't working very well offensively. We need Robertson and Tavares to be much more productive than they are. It's great that Robertson was our Pre-Season MVP, but he's got to show something in the regular season now too. I love the kid, and hope he breaks out, but it just hasn't been working for those three yet... if it will at all. We need some depth scoring from our third line. I take out Holmberg, and insert Patches next game, to see if we can get them going.

Reactions: torontoblood

torontoblood

Proud Member of Leafs Nation
May 27, 2021
Final score was 4-1, but people who actually watched the game knew that it was a 2-1 game in real time, until the two empty net goals at the very end. If you only read the scoreboard, you would think the leafs were completely dominated by the rangers but it was the opposite. Shesterkin was denying leafs forwards all night long. Sometimes a goaltender literally becomes a human wall and stops everything. It’s very frustrating.

Sucks to lose but we cant win them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad