Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 3-1 to Columbus

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Reilly puck watching, retract that after replay though he was looking for the puck.

Eh, I hate it when people defend Rielly even on plays that were clearly his fault, but he was boxing his man out of the crease there. Nobody picked up Hunwick and Reimer panicked a bit.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
You think this has anything to do with JVR being injured?

It could. Kadri and Bozak only legitimate top 6 forwards left on the team after the JVR injury. A lack of skill is being made very apparent through their play over the last 2 games. Passes in feet and even behind players, and nobody is putting themselves in dangerous positions offensively, meaning our chances aren't high quality.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
There are 10 teams scouting this game tonight. Three scouts from Arizona. You gotta think they are looking at some players, and not just game scouting.

Not a good night for many of our players.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
There are 10 teams scouting this game tonight. Three scouts from Arizona. You gotta think they are looking at some players, and not just game scouting.

The scouts have probably fallen asleep. Hope no one wakes them up till after the game.

happyaccident

May 14, 2013

We'll never get rid of these guys. Every time a team of scouts shows up, they go awol.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

Nobody wants to be traded away from 1st class 5 star all the way Toronto!

I could hear Lupul yelling, You don't want to trade for me! I've got a bummed kne...verything

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
You suggesting the towel is in the air?

Not bluntly, but they look horrible out there. Besides Bozak and Kadri, there's no skilled forwards in the line up at all and they can't be out there all the time. They're missing his presence in front of the net (especially on the PP tonight) his ability to shield to puck, and he's the best threat to score on the entire team every given night. Maybe it's just a one off game, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see a really long losing streak starting tonight. Scoring will be very scarce and Reimer can't stand on his head all season.

happyaccident

May 14, 2013
He didn't have trouble tracking the puck, he saw it and went to cover it with his glove but it was kicked away at the last second. Can't really fault him

He didn't see it until the last second because he had an uncovered guy standing in his face. Then it hit him and landed at his feet and the guy got it before he could get down on it. That's what it looked like but I was also busy watching Parenteau skating around Benny Hill style.

Go4soda

Dec 15, 2015
It could. Kadri and Bozak only legitimate top 6 forwards left on the team after the JVR injury. A lack of skill is being made very apparent through their play over the last 2 games. Passes in feet and even behind players, and nobody is putting themselves in dangerous positions offensively, meaning our chances aren't high quality.

This. Effort is great, But right now, the lack of talent in our roster is really weighing down the hard work.
It's where this team is right now in the process of the rebuild. The talent will slowly be incorporated into the mix, but for now, it's all about moral victories and lessons learned.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad