Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose 1-0

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
It says our xGF 5v5 tonight was 4.29

Am I reading this incorrectly or what that number higher than any game last season?

Wouldn't surprise me, those are their chances at 5v5.

Screenshot 2024-10-09 at 8.06.23 PM.png

Reactions: weems

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I also find it ridiculous that they put domi and tavares together. Tavares should be relegated to 3C duties IMO

they should be putting robertson in top6

Knies-Matthews-Nylander
Robertson-Domi-Marner (let marner drive his line instead of leeching off of matthews)
Patches-Tavares-Holmberg
4th line

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
I'm not thinking the sky is falling for this team. Yeah, its only one game. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

Its more that as a fan I want to be entertained. 12 goals in the last 8 games....with Marner, Matthews, Nylander...I just want a lot more than that.

Get shutout once or twice fine. Go on a 2-3 game run where you only put in a goal or two fine. But I want to start seeing some scoring again.
Exactly, tbh don't really care about the shutout streak, just seems like I watched 3 hours for nothing. Stolar at least made it palatable as a blowout would've had me turning the tv off, but at least make it worth my time

Reactions: mjd1001

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Marner is probably leafs player who generate the most scoring chance in that game, what are you talking about?!?!?!

Did we really watched the same game

The Domi-Tavares-Nylander line was terrible... a Nylander rush where he hit the post resume the entire game of that line
Yeah Marner was pretty easily their best forward. Defense and Goalie were also great.

• Haha
Reactions: arso40

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
I don’t get the Timmins thing, his IQ is lacking. And now Friedman reporting on 32 thoughts that were looking to move Liljegren which is so stupid to me when he’s always played better.
I've never been a fan of his, he just knows how to f*** up at the best/worst time

liljegren shouldn't be traded because of timmins, he should be traded if we actually have 6 defencemen better than him

Reactions: arso40

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Timmins looked ok tonight. Overall the D was good. Habs suck though, so it’s hard to gauge.
Willy looked good at times, but no help on that line with ancient Tavares
Marner had moments. Still too many dumb passes, and shoot the damn puck
4th line was good
Yea, lines 1 and 4 were decent. Didn't mind line 3 either. Willy was wasted tonight other than a shift or two. Problem is, Holmboy isn't good enough to be a 2c all season. I think we should run Willy at 2c and JT at 3c and Holmberg at 4c.

Still, we dominated that game for the most part even with those "shitty" lines lol.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Marner is probably leafs player who generate the most scoring chance in that game, what are you talking about?!?!?!

Did we really watched the same game

The Domi-Tavares-Nylander line was terrible... a Nylander rush where he hit the post resume the entire game of that line
that line started playing much better in the third, had two or three extended shifts in the ozone but as a whole weren't really good

tavares killed 60% of plays, domi wanted to pass everything, and nylander wasn't really able to do anything of note with them

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
they better keep playing that way AND putting the puck in the net

Stolarz gave us a very strong performance, if not for a stupid timmins penalty likely rocking a shutout

not sure how many more of those you can get and waste and still try to win the division

I literally said Timmins was the only player I had a problem with because yes that was a stupid penalty

Enniskillen

Jan 16, 2021
Stolarz played great tonight, and Matthews is sh.tty captain. Leadership sucks as nobody drags the team to the victory.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Is there a place which tracks the number of instances outshooting and chancing a team by 10-15 shots and losing?

Have to think leafs would be near the top of that the last 4 or 5 years
A lot of wristers from the perimeter. Hoping for tips.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
OMG we are now trotting out the coloured rink graphs and the alphabet stats to show how we dominated in a game we lost.
Sad we are having to do this so early in the season

We are discussing the game, we are showing where chances were generated from.

I can send you some resources to learn how to read heatmaps if you'd like.

Reactions: Mr_Fun

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
I don't know if you forgot the ".", but 3 posts and 3 good saves on high shots to the corners, plus the one at the end.

I think the stats will say we had more than 10 dangerous changes.

We had some great chances to score but either hit the post or duffed the play up. Honestly, I didn't think Monty was spectacular (he was good); more us having some bad luck and some flubbery.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
I guess the good thing is they can wipe this clean with a win tmrw against the devils

altough it is keefe's return....and they are coming back for overseas...but we have a newbie in net....following us getting shutout for the first time in 3 years

that sounds like a recipe for another loss or a shutout masterclass 6-0 win.

no inbetweens

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
OMG we are now trotting out the coloured rink graphs and the alphabet stats to show how we dominated in a game we lost.
Sad we are having to do this so early in the season
At least they have been very consistent in this front, they have been outshooting bottom feeders but not scoring on those no name goalies for years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad