Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose 1-0

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
1- If anyone here think you're etablish a system after 1 regular season, maybe its time to wake up

2- Leafs had a lot of opportunity, just kind of game thing just don't want to go on your way.

3- Leafs had been good on 1v1 battle

4- Even if they didn't scored 3 of 4 line played pretty well and one just forgot the season was starting

HamiltonNHL

Resigning Marner == Running it back
Jan 4, 2012
No Josh goal.

1728525546656.png

surprised.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Matthews continues to show his playoff form....13.25 there. Looks like he really doesn't wanna lead this team to a div win this year either. That last second chance choke just continues the trend

Marner wasn't really bad...but this guy doesn't shoot the puck at all. I really really hate that about him. So many times where he still looks for matthews even though he needs to shoot it. He made some nice plays too

Tavares.....he is done, he can't play.... he can have 50 points or 60 points or whatever he just kills too many plays. I wouldn't sign him back no matter. Everything else can be and is an overreaction but this isn't.

Nylander didn't look the same as last year...big shocker he made some nice plays but just didn't look the same. Some of it has to do with tavares, but man he got paid and looks to be dipping

Stolarz was fantastic, OEL was good (WTF was that breakaway), Lorentz was solid, Knies was good, Benoit was great, Tbh defence as a whole was good

we got f***ing shutout by montreal...embarassing
Matthews is likely hurting.

• Haha
Reactions: theTTC

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
True, exactly this. I can't remember a single dangerous shot against Canadiens. The best chance appeared or happened during the last seconds... Says it all really. Not impressed by neither team, especially not by the Leafs.
I don't know if you forgot the "/s", but 3 posts and 3 good saves on high shots to the corners, plus the one at the end.

I think the stats will say we had more than 10 dangerous changes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jojalu and Mr_Fun

Enga Olly

May 26, 2021
Sloppy start, were the better tream in the 2nd half, both goalies were very giod. Disappointring but hardly a soul crushing loss. Lots of room for improvement to, we will get better.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
We looked good. Montreal made a ice play to score on their PP. Our PP needs to be better though.

In other news though it looks like Kampf might be the odd man out when making cap space. Holmberg being used over him on the PK.

Reactions: arso40 and Smif

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
I actually thought the 4th line was fairly effective too.

I will admit that I may be wrong about Lorentz being a dime a dozen player, I really liked what I saw.

I want a 4th line of Lorentz - Kampf - McMann... I think that line could be a nightmare on the forecheck and good defensively.

Reactions: arso40

mjd1001

May 24, 2022
I'm not thinking the sky is falling for this team. Yeah, its only one game. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

Its more that as a fan I want to be entertained. 12 goals in the last 8 games....with Marner, Matthews, Nylander...I just want a lot more than that.

Get shutout once or twice fine. Go on a 2-3 game run where you only put in a goal or two fine. But I want to start seeing some scoring again.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
If either of those are our #6, we're not good enough to go deep.

I think I'd take Timmins. Timmy will get a chance. Whoever plays, needs to be at their best!

I think Lily can move the puck a lot better and is positionally also a lot better. he should be given a free reign to his thing. Timmins is also bit of a slow skater IMO; Lily also has higher IQ

If they are gonna scratch Lily then they should just trade him IMO. 3M AAV sitting in the pressbox is kinda stupid IMO

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
most of it was acknowledged as overraction lol

just incredibly disappointing that they couldn't score at all, seems like a waste of ~3 hours to watch them not even put the puck in the net

Yeah that sucks but these games happen sometimes the goalie steals on, it happen.

I'll take the way they played tonight 10/10 times because if they play like they did tonight, they are going to win and they are going to win A LOT

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
A couple of take away from tonight’s game.
Goalie was very good.
Pp is still a joke
The 11 million club can’t score.
None of the lines look cohesive
It’s going to be a long year.

Now to use a phrase that some here like to use when Marner fails to get to 100 points every year ………we are on pace for 82 loses and zero points.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
We looked good. Montreal made a ice play to score on their PP. Our PP needs to be better though.

In other news though it looks like Kampf might be the odd man out when making cap space. Holmberg being used over him on the PK.
Good catch; he should be. Right now, and I like David, his cap space is worth more than what he brings on the ice. Don't know how easy he will be to move. Word on twitter is that Timmy will be traded first.

• Haha
Reactions: arso40

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad