Rumor: Leafs interested in Luke Schenn

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I didn't think The Human Eraser got a fair shake in Toronto last time, personally. Be nice to see him with a shot on a real contender.

Reactions: Michel Beauchamp

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
The problem with dealing Schenn is he's been the best partner for Hughes out of any of them.

Unless it's an overpayment (2nd round pick) or unless we find a better Hughes partner then it doesn't make sense to deal him.

It's sad that Schenn is the best we have to offer Hughes for a partner but it is what it is.

This is what I've been thinking all along, especially when Schenn was speculated to Pittsburgh.

Schenn is far more valuable to the Canucks than he is anywhere else. Hughes-Schenn is a great pairing, and most other teams wouldn't be able to get that kinda milage outta Schenn. I'd love him back on the Leafs but it just doesn't make sense for Vancouver to move him for anything short of overpayment.

DeltaSwede

Jun 15, 2011
Gbg
Cool.

Send us a 2nd or the Canucks may as well keep their league min serviceable defensemen who is a great fit with Hughes for another year and settle for a 3rd from anyone else if they miss the playoffs next year.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
trading Schenn well keeping Miller, Boeser and others is just so stupid! Schenn adds a physical presents to the team and basically our only toughness, he's not someone I would be actively looking to trade unless it was a really really really good offer.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
so 2022 1st+2022 2nd+Knies+Lilj+Dermott for Miller@50%+Schenn??

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
Really like what Schenn brings to the Canucks. It would have to be something decent returning, otherwise we keep him until next deadline and get a mid pick at that point. A 3rd + a 5th would probably do it, as I doubt Leafs move a 2nd for him. I can't see Canucks taking Dermott back, just not a fit as we already have Myers/Hamonic/Poolman signed for the right side next year, and adding that contract doesn't help in any way.

I see Dermott shoots left, so he plays the left side then? still would rather see what we have in the cheaper, more talented Rathbone

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Really like what Schenn brings to the Canucks. It would have to be something decent returning, otherwise we keep him until next deadline and get a mid pick at that point. A 3rd + a 5th would probably do it, as I doubt Leafs move a 2nd for him. I can't see Canucks taking Dermott back, just not a fit as we already have Myers/Hamonic/Poolman signed for the right side next year, and adding that contract doesn't help in any way.
Dermott is primarily a LHD
I say go big 2022 1st+2022 2nd+Knies+Lilj+Dermott for Miller@50%+Schenn Knies may be the best prospect dealt this deadline if this deal happens

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
I say go big 2022 1st+2022 2nd+Knies+Lilj+Dermott for Miller@50%+Schenn Knies may be the best prospect dealt this deadline if this deal happens
Yeah, i saw that a second after posting and edited.

As far as Miller, that won't happen. Canucks aren't going to retain salary, they are trying to free up space.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Yeah, i saw that a second after posting and edited.

As far as Miller, that won't happen. Canucks aren't going to retain salary, they are trying to free up space.
if we remove the retention then we need to include Mrazek. you guys have any expensive guys on LTIR who's contracts are not insured? I bet we would be willing to take on any cash we can bury and save your owner some cash.

dbaz

Jan 29, 2010
canucks could retain, but they wouldnt for that.
look at what tb paid for hagels retained contract and that player does not bring what miller does. but he does have 1 more year in the contract
then you want a guy whos gonna hit 90pts at 2.5 for what i would consider a similar/worse offer

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
look at what tb paid for hagels retained contract and that player does not bring what miller does. but he does have 1 more year in the contract
then you want a guy whos gonna hit 90pts at 2.5 for what i would consider a similar/worse offer
IMO Lilj+Knies make this a significantly better offer

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
plus with out penchant to not make it out of the 1st round our 1st should be higher than any of the ones Chi got

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad