GDT: Leafs in Music City to Face some Predators. (TSN4, 8:00) - Thurs. Nov 12, 2015

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I'm confused at what Corrado's purpose is.

He should easily have drawn in for Polak, or Marincin by now.

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011
If this game gets out of hand for the Leafs, at least I can tune in to the Jets game (the football game, not Winnepeg)

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
I'm confused at what Corrado's purpose is.

He should easily have drawn in for Polak, or Marincin by now.

I agree, A friend of mine was saying that they may be trying to trade Polak and Corrado hasn't been playing because they are showcasing Polak, so that was the reason for him playing for the Marlies and keeping in game shape and maybe something could be in the works soon but it's all speculation but it also makes sense.

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
At some point they need to move the Kadri line around a bit, maybe swap JVR and Lupul, but something that line isn't producing enough.

I see JVR and Kadri being the duo to develop the chemistry and they will start producing. I see Komarov being the one that you could swap out if they are looking for a spark.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I agree, A friend of mine was saying that they may be trying to trade Polak and Corrado hasn't been playing because they are showcasing Polak, so that was the reason for him playing for the Marlies and keeping in game shape and maybe something could be in the works soon but it's all speculation but it also makes sense.

i think your friend is right.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
I see JVR and Kadri being the duo to develop the chemistry and they will start producing. I see Komarov being the one that you could swap out if they are looking for a spark.

JVR and Lupul are both prone to the same weakness, I'd leave Komarov up there or replace him a similar type player. I wouldn't trust a line of Kadri, Lupul and JVR seems like a defensive liability, mostly because of the wingers.

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
JVR and Lupul are both prone to the same weakness, I'd leave Komarov up there or replace him a similar type player. I wouldn't trust a line of Kadri, Lupul and JVR seems like a defensive liability, mostly because of the wingers.

I actually see JVR developing his 2 way play better. But he's doing it more inconsistently than Kadri, but Lups has it down more this season because Babcock has put him in a defensive role this season. I remember Lupul saying something about so I think he's a little more stable now in that regard, too.

JVR had the biggest habit to break from last season though, because his primary use was as a rushing forward.

JackJ

Feb 7, 2012
Boyes with six points out. Matthias with three points in. :help:

Production should trump size.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
i think your friend is right.

Well I think Lou is working the phones for sure and some teams may be looking for a tough RHD, I would like to see what Corrado with Harrington can do, I was impressed with Harrington's play the other night however the Question mark is Corrado and what can two, 22 year old players do on the ice together, it may not work but trading Polak makes sense but only if we have a player that can take his job.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Why are Gardiner and Phaneuf still shown as the top pairing?

Because they are? technically both the second and first pairing are seeing similiar ice time, Phanuef has the most of all 4 but not by much. Phaneuf at this time is still the number one defencemen that might change this season but right now they aren't going to say he's demoted unless Rielly starts getting more icetime and him less and enough for it to be noticeable.

The Veteran/incumbent wins in a tie.

Last edited:

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
Toronto seems to do better against teams that are more offense oriented (not necessarily wins, but closer games), and loses against teams who play defense very well. I'm almost positive we lose tonight.

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
Toronto seems to do better against teams that are more offense oriented (not necessarily wins, but closer games), and loses against teams who play defense very well. I'm almost positive we lose tonight.

well we have problems scoring. nashville has a pretty impressive defensive core + goalie so i would be SHOCKED if we managed to score 2 goals tonight.

RomanianLeafs

Apr 14, 2009
Arad
exactly. that's not very many considering how many games we have left. if Reimer keeps playing the way he has been playing, we stand a chance.

once we're at a point where playoffs aren't a possibility, then I'll probably stop watching games.

I know that we got off to a horrible start... but it's not impossible for us to change things around.

Lolz i needed a good laugh :) this team still finishes in the last 3 5 teams

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
Boyes with six points out. Matthias with three points in. :help:

Production should trump size.

Go back to last game, go to where PAP scores, then go back another 45 seconds & you will see who was most responsible for that goal scoring opportunity & why the Dallas players were so exhausted.

Or you can come up with some comment that production should trump size.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Man stick Nylander in Spaling's spot and the lineup doesn't look half bad.

JVR - Kadri - Komarov
Winnik - Nylander - Lupul
Mathias - Bozak - Parenteau
Grabner - Froese - Holland

then replace Parenteau with Brown/Leivo and we're starting to cook a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad