GDT: Leafs in Music City to Face some Predators. (TSN4, 8:00) - Thurs. Nov 12, 2015

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
I would like to see (if Winnick is back), the Spaling/Winnick/Lups line be the checking line against Forsberg/Fisher/Neal. If they can neutralize that scoring line, and then Kadri's line and Bozak's line (with a bit of luck) can outscore the Preds other 2 top lines.

Preds sometimes play the 4 th line fewer minutes and this could be our advantage, as I think Froese's line (with or without Holland) can outplay them and have been gaining momentum; it helps when the coach plays the 4th line 10 minutes a game. The top lines benefit as well, especially later in the game, as they aren't as wore down.

Preds are getting scoring from their D.
They have 13 goals from the D of which 4 on the PP.
We have 6 goals from the D and 1 off the PP.

Last edited:

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Toronto Maple Leafs at Nashville Predators: game preview

With last change, the Predators will probably try to get James Neal’s line out against Jake Gardiner and Dion Phaneuf.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs...eafs-at-nashville-predators-game-preview.html

Maple Leafs at Predators

Bridgestone Arena, Nashville

Puck drop: 8 p.m.

TV: TSN4

Radio: TSN 1050

Key matchup: James Neal vs. Jake Gardiner. Neal has seven goals, leading the Predators in scoring. With last change, the Predators will probably try to get Neal’s line out against Gardiner and Dion Phaneuf. But Gardiner’s play has been getting better the past few games.

Need to know: Roman Josi leads all Predators defencemen with 11 points. And the Nashville’s blue-liners as a group are second in the NHL with 40 points . . . Twelve different Predators earned at least one point in Nashville’s 7-5 win Tuesday over Ottawa . . . Nashville is 3-0-0 this season against Canadian teams and have won their last three games against the Leafs.

Next up: Saturday vs. Vancouver, 7 p.m.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
lol it was like 7-0 i think then they got 2 goals holy ****. taylor beck got his first 2 nhl goals that game i think

Believe it was 8-0, then you scored two (Santorelli and Kadri), then Wilson scored the last to make it 9-2. I remember the game vividly because I did our GDT and was just at a loss as the game progressed.

Good luck guys; looks like it will take a couple years to fully right the ship, but you've got a good coaching/management staff in place and the future looks brighter (at least to an outsider).

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Only 7 points out of the wildcard!

exactly. that's not very many considering how many games we have left. if Reimer keeps playing the way he has been playing, we stand a chance.

once we're at a point where playoffs aren't a possibility, then I'll probably stop watching games.

I know that we got off to a horrible start... but it's not impossible for us to change things around.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
That certainly defines a Leaf fan but I agree and I will be in front of the TV for the puck-drop.

Go :leafs Go!

Fan is short for fanatic:
fa·nat·ic/fəˈnadik/
noun
a person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal, especially for an extreme religious or political cause.

But in this case for the Leafs!
I don't understand 'fans' that don't cheer for their team. I understand not watching to avoid the pain, but I for one, like watching how our players fight during the game or get lucky. Yes I get embarrassed when they poop the bed, but that's part of the game.
A friend of mine once said to me that I am a leafs fan, but I'm also a hockey fan, as I watch every game on as much as possible. Could that be the difference? Are there people that solely watch the leafs and when they are not winning they have no joy?

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Believe it was 8-0, then you scored two (Santorelli and Kadri), then Wilson scored the last to make it 9-2. I remember the game vividly because I did our GDT and was just at a loss as the game progressed.

Good luck guys; looks like it will take a couple years to fully right the ship, but you've got a good coaching/management staff in place and the future looks brighter (at least to an outsider).

thanks very much :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad