Proposal: Leafs - Habs (Chiarot, Allen)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Regular season Chariot is worth a second rounder but playoff Chariot is easily worth a first. If you watched much of Montreal’s playoff run last year he was very integral to it. He played a shut down role and was very physical. He led the team in ice time numerous times. Some team will cough up a first for him.

He's a tank that can skate and he is very mature at age 30. You are not wrong about the playoffs but in fairness, he's been very good in the regular season and especially this year too. He gets bad value cause fans look at where he came from, not where he is today. Reality. Kind of the same thing said towards Petry a few years ago when he was just starting to make a name for himself as a legit top pairing quality. Not saying Chiarot will be top pairing, but he is above average top 4D at this point where when the Habs acquired him, he was bottom pairing type. Another late bloomer, it happens

Reactions: Habsrule

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
To Leafs:
Chiarot, Allen (50% retained)

To Habs:
Ritchie, Mrazek, 1st 2022, 2nd 2022, 2nd 2023

Rental this year for leafs and cap flexibility to sign Campbell. Mrazek is good for our tank, and Ritchie can fetch a mid-round pick maybe at the deadline next year.

Yay or nay?
Friedman have Chiarot returning a first. Since we are retaining 50% it's at least worth a throw in like worth Richie. So, leaves 2 seconds for Allen at 50% retained and we take on M contract. It's close to fair value. But does Montreal help Toronto? Habs could them to Florida for similar return

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
as a Leaf fan i'd do it

Ritchie and Mzarek have negative value , we need an upgrade on D and clear cap for next season , this trade accomplishes that .

Dubas dealt a 1st plus for a washed up injured Foligno last t/d so this would be considered a home run for him , lol .

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Why should we try to help the Leafs? Physicality is what the Leafs was missing in the playoff.
You shouldn't. The Leafs have no intention of helping the Canadians. In fact, I don't think any trade is made in the NHL for the purpose of helping the other team.

Last edited:

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
You shouldn't. The Leafs have no intention of helping the Canadians. In fact, I don't think any trade is made in the NHL for the purpose of helping the other team.
.Hab fans do not want to help the Leafs. That's why we would rather take less for Chairot and send him elsewhere.
Also i think Chairot would rather go to a team that has a shot of getting by the 1st rd.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
.Hab fans do not want to help the Leafs. That's why we would rather take less for Chairot and send him elsewhere.
Also i think Chairot would rather go to a team that has a shot of getting by the 1st rd.
Habs fans want to help the Habs. They need picks for the draft. It has nothing to do with helping the other team. Every team that makes the playoffs, has a chance of getting by the first round.

Reactions: Hansman

Gaud

May 11, 2017
I wouldn't give up a 2nd in this trade let alone two, AND a 1st? Lmao

A capable 4th D and a solid (maybe the best in the league right now) backup goalie at 50% retained isn't even worth a 2nd?

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
A capable 4th D and a solid (maybe the best in the league right now) backup goalie at 50% retained isn't even worth a 2nd?

There's a capable 4th D in this trade? The only one I see wouldn't even be the Leafs 7th best defenseman. I sure as hell wouldn't spend a 2nd on a backup goalie when we didn't even spend that much on our starter. Not to mention why would we spend a 2nd on a backup goalie?

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
Habs fans want to help the Habs. They need picks for the draft. It has nothing to do with helping the other team. Every team that makes the playoffs, has a chance of getting by the first round.
It's true that every team that make the playoff has a chance to win the first round. But that is not applicable to the Leafs. Did the Leafs win the first round the last 10 years? The answer is No. 5 first round loss in the last 10 years.

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
There's a capable 4th D in this trade? The only one I see wouldn't even be the Leafs 7th best defenseman. I sure as hell wouldn't spend a 2nd on a backup goalie when we didn't even spend that much on our starter. Not to mention why would we spend a 2nd on a backup goalie?
Yeah, every Leafs defenseman are so great that they are incapable of winning a single playoff round.:laugh:

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Allen sucks and we adding picks lol.
Of course youa re. You're also sending out 2 cap dumps along with those crap picks.

Hell Chiarot is worth a 1st + a 3rd on his own. No way are Habs trading Allen for Ritchie and Mrazek lol

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Of course youa re. You're also sending out 2 cap dumps along with those crap picks.

Hell Chiarot is worth a 1st + a 3rd on his own. No way are Habs trading Allen for Ritchie and Mrazek lol

Where is this coming from?

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Where is this coming from?
See Savard last year, and all the rumours of him easilly getting a 1st at the TDL.

Habs will just keep him, trade him elsewhere for a 1st and a 3rd like Savard, and enjoy another 1st rd exit from the Leafs once again

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad