Proposal: Leafs-Devils

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
New Jersey Devils
Mitch Marner
Justin Holl
Alex Kerfoot

Toronto Maple Leafs
Damon Severson
Dawson Mercer
Pavel Zacha

Remove Holl, add Dermott, add a pick (either 1st top 10 protected, or 2nd+3rd) from New Jersey and I think that's something the Leafs should strongly consider.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
If this thread has made anything clear, it's that New Jersey fans don't want Marner.
Remove Holl, add Dermott, add a pick (either 1st top 10 protected, or 2nd+3rd) from New Jersey and I think that's something the Leafs should strongly consider.
And doesn't even get a nibble from New Jersey.

Mitchell Marner is a great player. Despite that, he's overpaid and doesn't bring any of the characteristics that the Devils lack that the Devils really need: namely, size and grit up front. He's also never proven an ability to win in the playoffs.

Additionally, right now the Devils are trying to evaluate their young forward corps. It doesn't make sense to trade for a big, expensive but limited piece when we're not even sure what our team's biggest problems are.

Toronto can just keep Marner. We don't want him.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Then keep him. I already told you why I wouldn't trade Mercer for him.

And you are overrating the hell out of him, like you did with Gaudreau.

mercer started on the third line and moved up because of jack's injury.

if you are so into past accomplishments, we might can send you a washed up subban at 50% for amirov and a first. you get a former norris trophy winner with stanley cup finals experience. no?

then let's focus on marner with the devils. he wouldn't play with elite goal scoring centers in new jersey. no matthews and no tavares. in new jersey he probably would be closer to a 70+ winger. the best offensive talent in new jersey is jack hughes. a small playmaker, who excels at zone entries and setting up his teammates. the devils hope to sign him at below 9 million long term. adding marner, who duplicates the same strength, and is just a little bit less dynamic, would give jack's agent good reasons to ask for the same contract. no thanks regardless of the ask from toronto.

i am not interested in trading for marner unless toronto retains 3 million on the contract. phil kessel 2.0, baby.

lol. Marner has been the team leading scoring for.. 4 seasons in a row now? He isn't a passenger and is an elite player.

Reactions: david999

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
It’s clear from the majority of NJ fans offering an opinion that they would move various pieces along the lines of Zacha Wood Bratt and McLeod and even Severson in some combination for Marner. They aren’t interested in discussing it if Mercer has to be part of the deal. It’s that simple. NJ fans aren’t clamoring for Marner. As others have noted, Marner is more of what NJ already has and not really the player they need. I’m sure there is a team looking to give up its best prospect to TOR but it isn’t NJ. If the other players offered by NJ fans don’t fit the bill so be it. Maybe try DET fans. I’m sure they will be happy to offer Raymond and Seider for Marner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad