Proposal: Leafs-Devils

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Death or Glory

Apr 28, 2018
Thoughts on a leafs-devils swap

To New Jersey
Marner
Holl or Dermott
+ prospects.

To Toronto
Severson
McLeod
Mercer
Wood

Money almost works, will next year in real dollars. Any cap pros know if Toronto could take on Butcher's retained salary or Kovalchuk's. Thoughts.

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
Not that the value isn’t there but those are 3 key pieces the Devils are losing.

McLeod has been great and he seems to be the new go to face off guy. Plus there are really no centers to replace him. Zacha is way better on Hischier’s wing so having to move him back to center would be a negative part of this trade.

Mercer is looking to be a really good player so I don’t see anyone wanting to trade him. And they shouldn’t.

I don’t know enough about Dermott or Holl to say they’d be a downgrade to Severson but it feels that way. Does Dermott play the right side because the Devils have no need for LD.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Nothing to do about value at all , NJ obviously gets the best player in the deal but we would be very short at C .
With Hughes out and if we traded Mercer plus McLeod we would have to use Zacha at C and call up Boqvist . After that , we have no one close to NHL ready at C . Sharangovich technically could fill in but I wouldn’t want that over an full season .

Devils pass. We don’t have the depth to trade two C’s .

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Death or Glory

Apr 28, 2018
Understandable about your center depth. Not sure what Mercer or Bratt project to be. Where do guys think NJ will finish, that's why I didn't put in picks

devils29

Jan 9, 2019
No interest in dealing Mercer or Holtz or any other of the young guys. We dont need to make moves right now and I like not being up against the cap

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Thoughts on a leafs-devils swap

To New Jersey
Marner
Holl or Dermott
+ prospects.

To Toronto
Severson
McLeod
Mercer
Wood

Money almost works, will next year in real dollars. Any cap pros know if Toronto could take on Butcher's retained salary or Kovalchuk's. Thoughts.
No thanks.

Ruutu Tootoo

Oct 16, 2014
Morris County, NJ
The value is there, however, more importantly than the Devils losing too many NHL pieces in this deal, the Devils need to remain patient in this time. Let the team gel and see where this team is by the TDL. There are a lot of decisions to make on contracts this off season (Zacha, Wood, Bratt, and Hughes) and there is no need to strap the cap with Marner’s contract before we know what this team is, despite how talented Marner is. Devils need to remain cap flexible.

Reactions: GreatSaveEssensa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad