Proposal: Leafs Canes

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
He is totally flip flopping on this, we all know what he initially wrote.

Oh I totally agree, but I believe that this would be a bad move for both teams. Especially considering the history with Andersen and the Canes, and the leafs need for a #1 Goalie. Hopefully your team has found their guy finally.

I'm not totally sold on Andersen's upside, but the floor looks to be pretty high as well. Should at least be a 5 year stopgap to develop a star goalie, and that's probably the timeframe it's going to take the leafs to get to contention level anyway. Seems like a lot to give up, but Anaheim fans seem pretty sold on the guy so I think him playing in the southwest US also limits his exposure/hype a bit

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
I'm not totally sold on Andersen's upside, but the floor looks to be pretty high as well. Should at least be a 5 year stopgap to develop a star goalie, and that's probably the timeframe it's going to take the leafs to get to contention level anyway. Seems like a lot to give up, but Anaheim fans seem pretty sold on the guy so I think him playing in the southwest US also limits his exposure/hype a bit

I always thought Bernier played well there, just stuck behind a god awful blue line, was he really that bad?

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
I always thought Bernier played well there, just stuck behind a god awful blue line, was he really that bad?

he was bad last year, before that his numbers and the eye test were passable, probably could be a starter on a good team. He looks disinterested at times and lets in softies and I think Babcock views that as infectious so he was toast as soon as we hired Babcock

If he were bigger I think he could be elite - good positioning and great rebound control, but doesn't get away with as much as someone with a bigger frame would in terms of cutting off angles

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Because this proposal was clearly made by a Carolina fan, as are the majority of awful proposals involving the canes.

Great post.

I'm not sure I even remember the last time I saw a proposal on here that was actually from a Carolina fan. Our forum spends too much time mocking the Trade Board to actually participate in it.

I think the OP is a leafs fan, what are you even talking about?

to be fair, the OP doesn't have anything on their avatar that identifies their allegiance and I wasn't a fan of the trade from a leaf perspective.

that being said, the post was negative for no reason and flamed a whole fanbase without adding anything of value

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Another terrible offer from Carolina.
Shocker

:laugh: A) Open mouth B) Insert foot.

You actually got it wrong on 2 counts. First, it wasn't a Canes fan that proposed this and secondly, Canes fans rarely start threads on the main board.

Last edited:

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
to be fair, the OP doesn't have anything on their avatar that identifies their allegiance and I wasn't a fan of the trade from a leaf perspective.

On the flip side, given that his username is "Londonkendrick" and in the OP he had Aho going to the Leafs and said: "Aho is a pure stud, this is a motivated by pure jealously", it wasn't that hard to deduce that he is a Leaf's fan. :dunno:

And if he/she was going to make a negative flaming post like that, they should at least do a little work to make sure they have their facts straight.

pezcore

Jan 13, 2012
St-Hubert, Qc
Terrible deal for both teams. it makes no sense for either team to make this trade.

You can argue on who is the better goaltender but I think both teams are satisfied with their situation between the pipes and neither is a major upgrade over the other.

The only way the Leafs will trade one of their high valued prospects would be for an established D about to enter his prime. If not they will go with the next phase of their rebuilt. Same with Carolina but for a foward.

The only deal that makes sense here is Carolina that sends a D to Toronto for a F. Im sure Leafs would have interest in Faulk or Hanifin but the price for either of these players are probably something that Leafs Nation is not willing to pay at the time being.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
If anyone read this thread, it's clear I'm a Leafs fan high on Aho....

Except he makes no sense for us, much like your proposal. We need our starter, and as good as Aho is we are pretty deep at forward. We need D at the expense of surplus forwards and forward prospects, not by trading our starter :shakehead

LondonKendrick

Jun 18, 2016
Except he makes no sense for us, much like your proposal. We need our starter, and as good as Aho is we are pretty deep at forward. We need D at the expense of surplus forwards and forward prospects, not by trading our starter :shakehead

You speak for all of us? Ok....

Leafs getting a potential 1C to play behind Matthews, Nylander can play the wing where his offense has a higher ceiling and the Leafs double down on the rebuild by tanking for either Liljegren or a high draft they can flip into the solution on D.

Or.... Andersen maybe busts and is an anchor deal or he plays well and the Leafs are back to being mediocre bad, so move but miss the playoffs for 3 years or so, draft around 10 tenth, spin their wheels...

I'll take Aho who will matter more than Andersen by the time the Leafs are good and better draft picks in the meantime.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad