Proposal: Leafs Canes

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
lmao at the fans saying aho> marner and this is worse for canes then leafs

leafs are giving up a #1 goalie, a 2c and there best winger prospect after marner who was voted top 5 by the fan base as a prospect, too many clueless people on here.

The deal doesn't make sense for the Leafs, but you won't find one Canes fan that will make this deal. It is awful for them. Anyone saying the Canes should take this deal is clueless as to the Canes' needs. Andersen is a non-significant upgrade to Ward/Lack. The Canes need 1st line forwards and Aho is one of the top forward prospects in the league.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Is there a new feature in NHL 17 that laughs at you and immediately shuts off your console after making a trade offer like this?

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
The deal doesn't make sense for the Leafs, but you won't find one Canes fan that will make this deal. It is awful for them. Anyone saying the Canes should take this deal is clueless as to the Canes' needs. Andersen is a non-significant upgrade to Ward/Lack. The Canes need 1st line forwards and Aho is one of the top forward prospects in the league.

I think Andersen is a big upgrade to Ward/Lack to be honest.... not commenting on needs or anything else but come on.
Only reason leafs would make this trade would be to end dead last and have a chance at Nolan Patrick.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I think Andersen is a big upgrade to Ward/Lack to be honest.... not commenting on needs or anything else but come on.
Only reason leafs would make this trade would be to end dead last and have a chance at Nolan Patrick.

Two combined seasons before switching teams:

Player A - 97 GP / 2.34 GAA / 0.916 SV%
Player B - 82 GP / 2.43 GAA / 0.917 SV%

One is Eddie Lack coming from Vancouver and one is Frederick Andersen coming from Anaheim. The numbers are near identical, I'm not sure why Andersen would automatically be considered better. Andersen definitely makes Toronto a better team, my point is that it is possible that Andersen would have the same struggles that Lack did in Carolina.

scan15*

May 11, 2016
GTA
No.

Kadri + Brown >>> Aho
Bozak + Brown > Aho
Andersen >>> Lack/Ward

That leaves Bickell and the leafs don't even have the cap space to take on garbage contracts.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
No.

Kadri + Brown >>> Aho
Bozak + Brown > Aho
Andersen >>> Lack/Ward

That leaves Bickell and the leafs don't even have the cap space to take on garbage contracts.

We'll see about that when he actually plays a game in Toronto, both Lack and Ward have put up pretty good numbers at certain points in their careers too and neither played on a team as good as Anaheim last year.

scan15*

May 11, 2016
GTA
We'll see about that when he actually plays a game in Toronto, both Lack and Ward have put up pretty good numbers at certain points in their careers too and neither played on a team as good as Anaheim last year.

Of course it is possible, though I wouldn't call it probable. But as of this moment, Andersen >>> Lack/Ward holds true.

Also, Andersen kept Anaheim afloat when they were struggling offensively last season.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
So the Leafs, a rebuilding team clearly on the rise, are going to trade their newly-signed #1 goalie, their newly-signed #1 centre, and a really promising prospect, for a garbage goalie with a garbage contract, another garbage AHLer with an even worse contract, and a promising prospect?

Is there no one around to screen these proposals before they're submitted??

Wow leafs players = Gold, really promising. LOL

One of the best prospects in the league in Aho = Promising

You don't have a bias at all do you?

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Of course it is possible, though I wouldn't call it probable. But as of this moment, Andersen >>> Lack/Ward holds true.

Also, Andersen kept Anaheim afloat when they were struggling offensively last season.

Yep and Lack got the Nucks into the playoffs almost single handidly the year before, look what happened when he changed teams. Until Anderson proves it playing for a far more inferior team you can't say that.

For the record I do think Andersen holds more value as of right now, but not nearly as much as some people on here think.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Dealing Andersen, assuming that wasn't well communicated as "the plan" with him before he signed the extension, would be a serious black mark on the leafs going forward with free agents. Big extensions like that are expected to be done in good faith. And not to say that people don't get dealt part way through deals, but before he plays a game wouldn't look good on the leafs

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Wow leafs players = Gold, really promising. LOL

One of the best prospects in the league in Aho = Promising

You don't have a bias at all do you?

Other than Kadri as a #1 Centre (which is probably objectively true, he's the leafs #1 centre right now), do you have any objection to those valuations: Andersen as a #1 goalie or Brown as a promising prospect? I don't think that poster is way off base other than Kadri's market value being a #2 centre

Aho probably should be considered a blue chip level prospect

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
No. They wouldn't. This makes zero sense for the Canes.

Literally the most valuable piece to the Canes in this is Aho.

The least-valuable as he'd likely refuse to report is Andersen; he made it clear, he does not want to play here.

The Canes FO doesn't care about paying BB to sit in the press-box as the spare forward, why should the fans?

The Canes goalie situation, as annoying as it is to fans, is clearly intentional from the Canes FO standpoint. They have several G specs (Altschuller, Nedeljkovic, Booth) they're happy with that they project to be 2 years away. They have a goalie tandem that are both signed for two years...at the end of which, they can freely assess the future of the position. They're not looking to fix the goalie position.

Kadri, Bozak, Brown...not a clear-cut 1C over Rask among them. Not saying they're not good...but they're not worth giving up our best NHL-ready spec who fills desperate organizational needs.

You jump on this in a second Sure Aho is a better prospect than Brown

But you could give us Ward AND Lack and they don't match Andersen

And Kadri and Bozak both blow Bickell away and I am not a huge fan of Kadri but he's MILES better than Bickell

The ONLY area we come out ahead on is Aho for Brown that's it.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
You jump on this in a second Sure Aho is a better prospect than Brown

But you could give us Ward AND Lack and they don't match Andersen

And Kadri and Bozak both blow Bickell away and I am not a huge fan of Kadri but he's MILES better than Bickell

The ONLY area we come out ahead on is Aho for Brown that's it.

Except the part where we have to acquire Fredrik Andersen (this is a negative for the Canes), the part where we give away Bickell who we acquired explicitly to put space between us and the cap-floor and sit in the press-box; the one where we acquire yet another C for our glut of middle-6-quality Cs, the part where we give up the exact situation with our goalies and the term-expirations that we were after.

This pretty much undoes the team situation the Canes intentionally created for the coming season and the future of the organization.

It's of no interest.

Edit: That, unfortunately for the Leafs, is the only area to matters to either team...that's why the Canes laugh at Lou and hang up on the Leafs FO.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
It's a proposal that makes little sense for either team. Asking Carolina to trade Aho right now would be like asking the Leafs to trade Marner (no, I'm not saying Aho=Marner, I'm saying that's his value/importance to Carolina).

Forget about value. Canes are a budget team, lack top end offensive talent and Francis is preaching "draft and develop". In Aho, they think they have a guy that is looking like he could be a top talent, as well as him looking like a solid 2-way, smart player, and being on an ELC and under their control for years to come. Who knows if he'll ever achieve it, but trading a guy like Aho who had such a draft+1 year isn't something that smart (heck and even dumb) teams do, especially teams like Carolina that are trying to build from within.

And the Leafs aren't trading Kadri and Andersen, both of whom they just signed to long term deals.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I always love how fans put > or >> or >>> etc... randomly in their posts as if that is some sort of actual valuation.

A4T1L6

Feb 10, 2015
Aho is a suburb player, and I would love to have him, but trading the goalie they gave up a first round pick for, then signing him to a 5 year extension does not make sense as of right now.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

Lack got moved for a 3rd. thats how highly he was thought of.

Andersen>>>Lack and it isnt even close.

terrible deal for the leafs to make for a prospect who isnt in that top tier

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
lmfao keep dreaming

Aho is what a tier above Brown and you want our top goalie and 2C in addition. LOL

Can't tell if Leafs fans are hilariously overvaluing Brown or highly underrating Aho. There is an ocean of value between Brown and Aho.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad