Proposal: Leafs-Blues

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
If the Blues don't look to be making the playoffs is it possible Parayko is moved ? Under this premise I present the following offer.

To
Blues
2023 1st
2024 1st
Niemela
2nd 2024
Kerfoot

To
Leafs
Parayko
Barbeshev

Leafs upgrade their defense considerably and add a solid forward who can contribute. Blues get lots of picks, a very good RD prospect and can trade kerfoot at the deadline for a couple 3rds.

Reactions: Spektre

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
sold.

you know Parayko has 8 more seasons at $6.5M, right?

That's the exact deal Armstrong should be looking for - one that includes a future first rounder from a team that could also very quickly fall off the cliff.

Reactions: CDN24

EastVillageBlues

Feb 18, 2019
If the Blues don't look to be making the playoffs is it possible Parayko is moved ? Under this premise I present the following offer.

To
Blues
2023 1st
2024 1st
Niemela
2nd 2024
Kerfoot

To
Leafs
Parayko
Barbeshev

Leafs upgrade their defense considerably and add a solid forward who can contribute. Blues get lots of picks, a very good RD prospect and can trade kerfoot at the deadline for a couple 3rds.

Not bad at all.

It's possible that we can wait for a slightly better deal for Parayko at the deadline. But if this deal was on the table today, I would be inclined to take it. It addresses the needs of both teams, and each's trajectory.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008

To
Blues
2023 1st
2024 1st
Niemela
2nd 2024
Kerfoot

To
Leafs
Parayko
Barbeshev

id do it, and I’m a huge Parayko and Barbashev fan. Let the rebuilding start now. Also, can the Leafs fit Parayko’s salary in?

Field of Dreams

Oct 10, 2011
Port Credit

To
Blues
2023 1st
2024 1st
Niemela
2nd 2024
Kerfoot

To
Leafs
Parayko
Barbeshev

Huge overpay

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
Didnt the Blues start off as a train wreck the year they won the cup? Doesnt Parayko have a NTC? Would he even want to go to the Leafs?

Field of Dreams

Oct 10, 2011
Port Credit
I'd do that trade. Maybe replace Kerfoot with Semyon Der-Arguchintsev (I admit that I was a SDA fan some time ago)?

Apparently Kerfoot is in here for cap purposes.

Sadly, SDA hasn't shown as much promise as we were hoping. Kerfoot, a middle 6 NHL forward is much more valuable.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
I don't hate the value but I don't think Kyle will have the greenlight to make it, and I am not 100% sold on Parayko lately. If he flops, we don't have the cap flexibility to make it work like some teams could.

What would the ask on ROR be, with retention? He's the missing piece in our bottom 6.

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
Remove the 2024 1st and it's good. Niemela is also a much better prospect then people think.

You know it's an overpay when people actually "accept" deals from Leaf fans.

Mar 26, 2010
Toronto has no business trading any first round picks. They are now entering a rebuild and need to build through the draft. There is no knee jerk trade that will turn the ship around in Toronto at this point, the window is closed.
despite of what some leaf fans like to say, that team is not in a win now mode. it is done.

Drive425

Jul 24, 2006
St Louis Du Haha

To
Blues
2023 1st
2024 1st
Niemela
2nd 2024
Kerfoot

To
Leafs
Parayko
Barbeshev

Value aside, how do the Leafs fit these contracts into their cap?

Reactions: viceroy

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
You know this is bad by Blues fans response. They are like yes please take this contract when 2 years ago these threads devolved into "There is 1 player on Toronto who gets him".

I'm not even sold that the Leafs should be targeting D, I personally think they should target another top 6 forward.

Reactions: HofT

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
You know this is bad by Blues fans response. They are like yes please take this contract when 2 years ago these threads devolved into "There is 1 player on Toronto who gets him".

I'm not even sold that the Leafs should be targeting D, I personally think they should target another top 6 forward.
What? The corpse of Parayko being pushed around the ice would be the best D in the Leafs system. Do you guys practice giving up breakaways?

Reactions: garyrobertsforPM

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
This seems like a high price for the Leafs to pay. I would think a player like Parayko would be a 1st, top prospect (Niemela) and a 2nd. That would leave Kerfoot and a 1st for Barbeshev, which seems high to me. I also wonder if the 8 years owing on the Parayko contract is a deal breaker. If I'm the blues and I get this offer I think I take it.

Reactions: Tufted Titmouse

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Big no thank you on trading Parayko. Very little chance be organization goes into a full blown scorched earth rebuild right now IMO, and you don’t trade a guy like Parayko unless that is the plan.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Toronto has no business trading any first round picks. They are now entering a rebuild and need to build through the draft. There is no knee jerk trade that will turn the ship around in Toronto at this point, the window is closed.
despite of what some leaf fans like to say, that team is not in a win now mode. it is done.
A team pacing for over 100 points coming off a 115 point season is entering a rebuild?

Reactions: Cams and AvroArrow

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
A team pacing for over 100 points coming off a 115 point season is entering a rebuild?
Maybe? If lame duck Dubas is fired, there will be changes. Matthews and Nylander will be up for contracts. Seems obvious time to rethink how things have been working.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad