GDT: Leafs at Habs (Now, Saturday)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Kind of have a feeling Reinbacher is going to make the opening night roster. Barron sucking and Matheson hurt is setting it up, now weve got him paired with Guhle and they would probably like to show him off a bit to justify the pick before sending him off to Europe.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I thought we would see a bit more star power in the Leafs lineup for tonight, doesn’t seem like it. Let’s just say that last night’s game was far from being spectacular as a fan watching…
Looks like they just sent one line-up with a few spares to Montréal for this back-to-back. At the same time, they are probably looking at doing cuts after as well so it's the last auditions for everyone.

Reactions: Runner77

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

Thank god we don’t have to go through watching Gallagher and Armia play again.

Not a big fan of that first line, way too small. But we'll see...

I'm not in the "Slaf must develop in the NHL" gang, but if they keep him up, the only player I can see him succeed with as of this moment, is Dach. When he matures and gains that man strength, he will be an entire line on his own.

Kidney gets his two best linemates yet. Will be inteteresting to see what he does with it.

I don't care for that 4th line.

Good to see Barron getting a chance to redeem himself after last night's disastrous game.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
An other boring game against no competition that I’m gonna pass

I'm looking forward to seeing Newhook with Cole and Nick, and to seeing if RHP-Dach-Slaf can continue to do well.

Also looking forward to Guhle-Reinbacher, Trudeau, and seeing if Barron can bounce back.

The problem with yesterday was the shit lineup and line combos MSL put out. At least it showed him just how little life Gallagher, Armia, and Pearson bring. Evans needs more life on the 4th line, and Monahan and Anderson can't be stuck with Armia if they're going to be on the third line.

Ylonen at least brings speed to his game. And Evans is best with fast players. But Ylonen definitely needs to find a way to cut down on the turnovers.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I'm looking forward to seeing Newhook with Cole and Nick, and to seeing if RHP-Dach-Slaf can continue to do well.

Also looking forward to Guhle-Reinbacher, Trudeau, and seeing if Barron can bounce back.

The problem with yesterday was the shit lineup and line combos MSL put out. At least it showed him just how little life Gallagher, Armia, and Pearson bring. Evans needs more life on the 4th line, and Monahan and Anderson can't be stuck with Armia if they're going to be on the third line.

Ylonen at least brings speed to his game. And Evans is best with fast players. But Ylonen definitely needs to find a way to cut down on the turnovers.
I’m talking about the opposition. Where facing AHL teams, hard to evaluate any players

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I’m talking about the opposition. Where facing AHL teams, hard to evaluate any players
True, but I wouldn't mind seeing the players that are supposed to dominate dominate...

Also, though it wasn't worth watching last night's game, I'm glad to see Monahan and Anderson looking good. Monahan could put up really good numbers playing with Cole and Nick. And I'm low key hoping Anderson can score at least 27 goals this year, if not hit 30 for the first time. He's come ready to play. I hope MSL finds him the right linemates right away and sticks with them.

I feel like we're missing one top 9 player to complete a 3rd lien of Anderson-Newhook-?. I don't think Pearson is good enough. Maybe he will be. Maybe Ylonen can step up. Maybe Dvo can on the wing when he comes back. Maybe Dvo does well on another line and RHP or Monahan can come back to the 3d line and help Newhook and Anderson.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral

Ylonen sucks. 4th liner/AHLer.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Ylonen sucks. 4th liner/AHLer.
Maybe. but he's better than Gallagher and Armia on a 4th line with Evans.

But yes, he hasn't shown he can be better than a 4th liner yet.

I still think our best 4th line is Gallagher - Evans - Ylonen.

Caufield - Suzuki - Monahan
Slaf - Dach - RHP
Pearson - Newhook - Anderson
Gallagher - Evans - Ylonen
Pez, Armia

Reactions: rickthegoon

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore
Weren't Kidney's wingers centered by Mesar last time around? Could that mean they didn't see enough from Mesar and will send him back to the OHL?

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Maybe. but he's better than Gallagher and Armia on a 4th line with Evans.

But yes, he hasn't shown he can be better than a 4th liner yet.

I still think our best 4th line is Gallagher - Evans - Ylonen.

Caufield - Suzuki - Monahan
Slaf - Dach - RHP
Pearson - Newhook - Anderson
Gallagher - Evans - Ylonen
Pez, Armia
Agreed. But this remains one of the weakest groups of forwards in the NHL. Way, way too much dead weight. We will struggle to score. The silver lining is there is a lot of top offensive talent available in the 2024 Draft. And we will have an opportunity to draft one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad