Proposal: leafs and bruins

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SB84

Jul 22, 2015
Calgary, AB
Hahah noooooo. When making a proposal it's probably best to address each teams' needs. The leafs need more D men/D prospects.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
nope gardiner is one of our two proven top 4 dmen. We won't be trading him unless we add a pick to get a better dmen, or to get a less proven but dmen with higher potential. Not for Senyshen.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
Jake Gardiner for prospect Zack Senyshen !

Leafs wouldn't do it, value wise and needs wise.

Value wise its probably close. Senyshyn proved he was worth the 15th overall pick last year and is a fantastic goal scorer. Add from Boston a little and maybe its close. Irrelevant though, TML need D men not scoring prospects.

dream43

Nov 19, 2013
We need Dman more than RW prospects. Nothing against Zach but he does not hold much value to Leafs

Cotton

May 13, 2013

Value wise its probably close. Senyshyn proved he was worth the 15th overall pick last year and is a fantastic goal scorer. Add from Boston a little and maybe its close. Irrelevant though, TML need D men not scoring prospects.

He was a fantastic goal scorer in a depth position his draft year too, didn't stop you guys from having a meltdown when he was selected.

Value isn't close.

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015

He may have proved he was worth the 15th pick, but the value is still far from close here.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
He was a fantastic goal scorer in a depth position his draft year too, didn't stop you guys from having a meltdown when he was selected.

Value isn't close.

How is this relevant at all?

Disagree on value, prospect/pick (the plus I noted) and the 15th overall pick is fair value for a 2nd pairing D man.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
He may have proved he was worth the 15th pick, but the value is still far from close here.

Explain what needs to be added to the 15th overall pick (in general terms) for a 2nd pairing d man then.

I'm not suggesting a straight up swap is fair, im just curious what you think needs to be added for it to be close.

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
Explain what needs to be added to the 15th overall pick (in general terms) for a 2nd pairing d man then.

I'm not suggesting a straight up swap is fair, im just curious what you think needs to be added for it to be close.

In my opinion you'd need to add a mid-late 1st for the value to match up. Then the whole team needs, etc. arguments can start. I know it seems like a lot, but established D-men are at a premium and he's proven to be a very good #3 d-man, not just an average 2nd pairing guy. Couple that with the fact he's still young and locked into a cheap contract. I feel like he's still got some untapped potential and his fancy stats are off the charts if you put much stock in those, which I personally do. A 2nd round pick maybe would be fair instead of a 1st, but anything later definitely would not.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
In my opinion you'd need to add a mid-late 1st for the value to match up. Then the whole team needs, etc. arguments can start. I know it seems like a lot, but established D-men are at a premium and he's proven to be a very good #3 d-man, not just an average 2nd pairing guy. Couple that with the fact he's still young and locked into a cheap contract. I feel like he's still got some untapped potential and his fancy stats are off the charts if you put much stock in those, which I personally do. A 2nd round pick maybe would be fair instead of a 1st, but anything later definitely would not.

Interesting. I think the contract is a big asset as well. Although 2 1sts seems like a lot for a D man who isn't a top pairing guy.

Anyway, team needs obviously werent considered here but I was more just curious how he was valued.

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
Interesting. I think the contract is a big asset as well. Although 2 1sts seems like a lot for a D man who isn't a top pairing guy.

Anyway, team needs obviously werent considered here but I was more just curious how he was valued.

There's a fair bit of Leaf fans that consider him better than Rielly; I personally don't. There's also a blogger (James Tanner) who is consistently writing articles about him trying to include him with the game's elite because his advanced stats are so good, but I think he may just have a serious man crush on him.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Jame...e-Case-of-the-Advanced-Stats-Bandit/200/74501

Either way, he took some massive strides last season with some structure to his game and he's definitely looking to be a fixture in their top 4 going forward.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Jake Gardiner for prospect Zack Senyshen !

maybe if word was gardiner demanded a trade? even then i think toronto tries to make a deal for another dman.

my personal feeling about gardiner... could have had a cheaper option in justin schultz if we were willing to sign a multi year deal. i dont see gardiner developing into a hard nosed consistent effort defensively solid guy.

id prob prefer not paying so much money long term to a guy im not confident in.

value for trade favors boston... needs dont undress toronto... contract worries me

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
No from Boston.

Gardiner would be behind Chara and Krug on the left side and the Bruins have a ton of left shot dmen in the system.

Senyshyn has 30 + goal potential.

Leaf fans getting way too excited over Gardiner.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland

Gardiner isn't worth 2 1sts.

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
No from Boston.

Gardiner would be behind Chara and Krug on the left side and the Bruins have a ton of left shot dmen in the system.

Senyshyn has 30 + goal potential.

Leaf fans getting way too excited over Gardiner.

Lmfao. Gardiner would instantly be your best defensman.
Gardiner is so underrated its ridiculous. Babcock has transformed the kid

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Gardiner turned Dion into a tradeable asset with no retention.

Think Fowler level of value, and that's only because he's one of the most underrated players in the league.

HShahzad

Jan 23, 2014
Gardiner would be a 5th or 6th Defencemen on a team trying to make the playoffs. He's no proven top 4 D; as some call him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad