Confirmed with Link: [TOR/CAR] Leafs acquire rights to D Cade Webber for '26 6th round pick || Signed to ELC (2 years, $875k AAV)

jackp0t

Jun 7, 2009
Quebec
He's very honest about himself, knows that if he wants a shot at the NHL he's gonna have to do the dirty work, block shots, hits, drop gloves.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
I'm still not happy about this trade.

Nothing against Webber. I'm sure he's a very good prosect. My beef with him being the player in this horrible trade Treliving made has nothing to do with him.

It has everything to do with the moron who made it.

The deadline is when you acquire players who help you win the cup. If a player isn't gonna help you win the cup then you don't trade for him. Did any other GM's of contending team's trade for a chump kid like Webber at the deadline.

Nooooo.....

They traded for guys like Tarasanko or Guentzel. The Leafs traded for Cade Webber. Do you see the difference.

One of these things is not like the others.

Sure that sixth ain't much. But in the hands of a capable scout like Clark it could be a late round gem. When you don't have a lot of draft picks to begin with is it really worth wasting one on a guy who might, maybe, play for the bottom pair one day.

The wrong guy, at the wrong time, for the wrong reasons.
6th round pick for a guy who might make the bottom pair is a win lmao , what is this post man. We can't make a trade at the deadline for the future ? It only has to be for immediate roster help ?

I'd much rather have Webber than a 6th.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
That's what I'm thinking, with his size I don't really care if he can score but he needs to be able to skate
He is huge and he is thumping guys at camp .. you can see in 3on3 drills he is blocking shots and destroying guys on da wall .. he stays closer to net so as not to get beat wide which is because his pivots and edgework not good enough .. he needs to work with a skating coach on his edges .. he can keep up going though straight line .. he is a good puckup for us .. but you never know with big dmen .. today he is not ready to play 3rd pair

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I'm still not happy about this trade.

Nothing against Webber. I'm sure he's a very good prosect. My beef with him being the player in this horrible trade Treliving made has nothing to do with him.

It has everything to do with the moron who made it.

The deadline is when you acquire players who help you win the cup. If a player isn't gonna help you win the cup then you don't trade for him. Did any other GM's of contending team's trade for a chump kid like Webber at the deadline.

Nooooo.....

They traded for guys like Tarasanko or Guentzel. The Leafs traded for Cade Webber. Do you see the difference.

One of these things is not like the others.

Sure that sixth ain't much. But in the hands of a capable scout like Clark it could be a late round gem. When you don't have a lot of draft picks to begin with is it really worth wasting one on a guy who might, maybe, play for the bottom pair one day.

The wrong guy, at the wrong time, for the wrong reasons.

Outrage for the sake of outrage.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
6th round pick for a guy who might make the bottom pair is a win lmao , what is this post man. We can't make a trade at the deadline for the future ? It only has to be for immediate roster help ?

I'd much rather have Webber than a 6th.
He is ready now or a 6th, probably never.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Didn't really stand out good or bad, just average. Hard to stand out in that setting for that kind of player.

Watched about half the scrimmage, and his skating and movement were fine.

Had at least one foray deep into the O-Zone.

TBH no one made me go wow.

Sure Cowan looked like he was cruising around, holding the puck well, dishing off for chances. Minten looked like a north-south center.

But I kept looking for a big d-man who just stood in front of the net and blocked shots. Couldn't find him. Maybe he wasn't in the line-up?

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Watched about half the scrimmage, and his skating and movement were fine.

Had at least one foray deep into the O-Zone.

TBH no one made me go wow.

Sure Cowan looked like he was cruising around, holding the puck well, dishing off for chances. Minten looked like a north-south center.

But I kept looking for a big d-man who just stood in front of the net and blocked shots. Couldn't find him. Maybe he wasn't in the line-up?

Probably none of these guys are going to block shots / hit to hurt their counterparts on the ice, they'll likely step up intensity in the prospect scrimmages against the Habs.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Probably none of these guys are going to block shots / hit to hurt their counterparts on the ice, they'll likely step up intensity in the prospect scrimmages against the Habs.

There was one play at the offensive blue-line where 147 lb. Johansson ran over an opposition player. He previously said he liked that style.

At 6'1" (and growing?) he won't play AHL or NHL at that weight. His brothers around the same (6'2/6'4") height are 196 and 194 lb. His 6'4" brother is 20 years old.

Last edited:

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
There was one play at the offensive blue-line where 147 lb. Johansson ran over an opposition player. He previously said he liked that style.

At 6'1" (and growing?) he won't play AHL or NHL at that weight. His brothers around the same (6'2/6'4") height are 196 and 194 lb. His 6'4" brother is 20 years old.

He's not going to play in the NHL until 21-23 years old, we can let him ripen/fatten up in Sweden.

Needs some more Swedish meatballs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad