Confirmed with Link: Leafs acquire Bernier for Frattin, Scrivens, 2nd in 14 or 15

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Honestly we gave up nothing special for some one who can very special. This guy has #1 written all over him. Amazing reflexes, poise in the net, can CATCH THE PUCK, and has been on a Stanley Cup winning team. It does matter here, folks.

Sure Frattin brought some nice speed and a decent shot, but he has tunnel vision at times and sometimes he seems really lost out there. I felt like he needed Kadri on his line in order to produce properly offensively. I hope he gets time with the Kings but I really don't see this as a lost to either side. We both got what we needed.

garyjones93

Jun 2, 2012
Ouch. Feel bad for the Leafs on this one. Could turn out to be a great trade or just plain ugly. Frattin is a gem, hope he does well in LA.

Yeah it could, but as Frattin is older and projected to be a lesser impact it is a good trade either way. However yes it could easily kick us in the ass, look at all the other goalie trades for us. I'm just hoping we get lucky for once and hit a home-run. And it isn't a 1st round pick so if they get a steal with that 2nd, I consider it luck not a dumb move on our part.

Ricky Bobby

Aug 31, 2008
Hating it. Why give these assets up for another Reimer? There are much bigger holes to fill than the non-existent "back-up goaltender" hole.

Cause goaltending has the biggest influence on the game.

Remember last season when Reimer got injured, never got on track and we finished 5th last cause of it.

Reimer played well this past season but injuries happen plus he could always regress.

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
I don't like it. This move makes Reimer a little more nervous about his job security after just being essentially told last season that he was the for sure #1 guy. I also really like Matt Frattin, he could easily blossom into a 20+ goal scorer.

morrielly

Dec 4, 2012
toronto
YYYEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!

exactly what i was hoping for. didn't hink it was going to happen though...

huge potential in net now. going to miss frattin though and i wish him all the best. really thought he would break out next season.

and for all the people saying bernier> reimer, i don't think you should be so sure...

great 1a 1b position in toronto now
:yo:

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
Not terrible but can't say I like the trade, Matt Frattin has all the tools to be an elite player IMO. He hits like a beast and has that scoring touch.

He will be missed

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
I don't like it. This move makes Reimer a little more nervous about his job security after just being essentially told last season that he was the for sure #1 guy. I also really like Matt Frattin, he could easily blossom into a 20+ goal scorer.

No it doesn't. It creates competition. A little competition didn't hurt a professional. They'll go into camp competing. More then likely to be platooned together unless one of them really steals the show.

MiniMoose

Apr 12, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
I dislike this deal. Must hurt Reimer's morale. After everything he did for us we get another goalie with POTENTIAL (Not experience) to overthrow him as Number 1.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I guarantee you guys that you'll forget Reimer's name within a year's time. Bernier is the real deal and it will be quite evident early on. You'll be singing him praises before you know it. Good luck.

LeafShark

Feb 2, 2010
Those assets wouldn't have gotten us either of those things. Goalies are cheap in trades.

Now we can shutup about Luongo which is maybe the best part of this deal.

Think about it this way... because we deal a 2nd, that means it's much more unlikely we deal the first. Because we deal Frattin, means it's much more unlikely we deal someone else of better quality.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Honestly we gave up nothing special for some one who can very special. This guy has #1 written all over him. Amazing reflexes, poise in the net, can CATCH THE PUCK, and has been on a Stanley Cup winning team. It does matter here, folks.

Sure Frattin brought some nice speed and a decent shot, but he has tunnel vision at times and sometimes he seems really lost out there. I felt like he needed Kadri on his line in order to produce properly offensively. I hope he gets time with the Kings but I really don't see this as a lost to either side. We both got what we needed.

Kings fan is currently looking up Frattin and within an hour, he'll be one of the top younger players in the NHL.

Seriously though, this was what I expected. Bernier virtually traded for little to nothing when all is said and done. Leafs get a guy who might be something really special. Trading Frattin was worth that "might"..

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Hating it. Why give these assets up for another Reimer? There are much bigger holes to fill than the non-existent "back-up goaltender" hole.

Nonis said he'd be looking at upgrading every position
With Reimer there's a few question marks - can he handle the load of being a #1 guy - he hasn't been able to stay healthy with he Leafs or otherwise.
I liked Frattin but ya gotta give up something to get something.
I like this trade

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
The only people who do not like this trade are only hating it because it threatens Reimer's hold on the #1 job.

I will be happy if Reimer plays as well as he did last year and still loses his job because it means Bernier is going to be spectacular. In the big picture this trade does nothing but turns what going into this season was our biggest weakness into arguably our biggest strength for 2014.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Love this deal!!

Great job, Nonis! This is Noni's first real move with Toronto and its a good one. You're not boring after all, Nonis!

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Kings fan is currently looking up Frattin and within an hour, he'll be one of the top younger players in the NHL.

Seriously though, this was what I expected. Bernier virtually traded for little to nothing when all is said and done. Leafs get a guy who might be something really special. Trading Frattin was worth that "might"..

I agree. Frattin isn't THAT good of a prospect. Yes, he's physical, yes, he has scoring touch. But he also has tunnel vision and looks lost and confused and makes bad plays at times. It's not that big of a loss if we can get a #1 goalie.

CerebralDevil

Jul 14, 2011
Hey I was wondering if there was a plan to get Bernier and then turn around and trade him to move up the draft or get better assets? This has something fishy to it.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Seriously guys, this won't hurt Reimer's feelings.

He was a 4th round pick, beneath Pogge and Rask, was an after thought most of his early career.

He has over come another young goalie trying to take his job already.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
I like it , Frattin is already 25 almost 26, plus we have lots of young talent to fill the spot in a year or 2 . Scrivens was decent in the time playing , but I don't think there was any room for improvement with him.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
I love Reimer but he has trouble staying healthy, and when he goes down we usually plummet in the standing or try to bring him back too early and he plays his dog****.

This could be a great trade. Not too mad, but Frattin and Scrivens aren't really core peices to this team.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
I guarantee you guys that you'll forget Reimer's name within a year's time. Bernier is the real deal and it will be quite evident early on. You'll be singing him praises before you know it. Good luck.

I hope so.

Frattin has great potential. He will fit right in to the LA play style, strong, fast, great shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad