Post-Game Talk: Leafs 2 vs Rangers 4: Another Step Closer

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
The funny thing is that the big problem with Therrian is, he keeps giving prime ice time to his French player (Desharnais) and he sucks.

Maybe we can tell them Lupul is French.
Call him Le pul.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
I think GM's and scouts know what he is.

I mean, someone has to score on terrible teams.

He's got some offense, but he's not an amazing skater and he's not physical. He doesn't kill penalties either.

Most playoff teams already have their offensive players. PA Parenteau helps, but I think he gets a 3rd at most.

The marginal increase in goals you get from adding PAP to your third line is bigger than the marginal decrease in goals against from adding a guy like Winnik to the PK.

Stamkos, Kane, and Toews each had only three points in last year's SCF. Depth scoring wins championships.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Raanta robbing us doesn't surprise me. Rangers backup goalies always seem to have our number the way we have Lundqvist's.

That said, he's definitely keeping the Rangers in this game.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
This isn't just the Rangers being trash. The Leafs are making great, skilled plays, like they haven't been making all season. They look like a bubble team, at least.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
The marginal increase in goals you get from adding PAP to your third line is bigger than the marginal decrease in goals against from adding a guy like Winnik to the PK.

Stamkos, Kane, and Toews each had only three points in last year's SCF. Depth scoring wins championships.

Interesting way to look at it and it's a very good point.

I honestly didn't even consider that part of it.

For so often, the playoffs have been tight checking and you need guys that can play in all situations.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad