GDT: Le Train De L'Optimisme! - Devils @ Canadiens, 7:30 PM EST, MSG+2 (AGAIN!?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MauDevils

Jan 11, 2009
New Jersey
A lot of blame on the D...

3rd line -1
4th line -2

Bottom 6 was pinned all night, gives up goals and offers nothing offensively.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Getting outshot 49-21 by Montreal is pathetic. Therrien probably can't even believe how his team was able to outshoot ANY team in the NHL by a damn near 2.5 margin.

Getting outshot 49-21 by Montreal is like N. Bench territory. Cheers to whoever gets the N. Bench reference and knows what that means. I know my man NJD1982 will get the reference.:laugh:

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
This wasn't one of the games where Cory was bad and the team in front of him played well. This was a team loss, even if there were some bad ones that Cory didn't stop.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
A lot of blame on the D...

3rd line -1
4th line -2

Bottom 6 was pinned all night, gives up goals and offers nothing offensively.

Kalinin at 3C says hello.

He's a useful player at certain things, offense isn't one of them. I'm still laughing at the claim that Kalinin having to play with Zajac last year was stifling his offensive output.

I think this year proves that if anything, Zajac was the one who helped inflate Kalinin's offense and was a big part in him even scoring 16 points last year. Not just Zajac but the top 6 and PP time surely helped.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
He's played far less games and in the ones where NJ played like ****, he didn't do any better. The problem with this team isn't Cory.

Kinkaid saved 49 shots against a healthy Pittsburgh team and only allowed 3 goals and lost in the shoot out. You're also in denial if you think schneider isnt a problem right now.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This wasn't one of the games where Cory was bad and the team in front of him played well. This was a team loss, even if there were some bad ones that Cory didn't stop.

Agreed.

Cory allowed two poor goals, although late in the game. And that turnover (by Wood I think?) was pathetic on goal 4. Last two goals allowed were poor, but you expect to allow 4 or 5 goals when allowing almost 50 shots.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Sad showing tonight for sure

I watched up until 5-2 and finally threw in the towel for last 4 mins

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
What was Petry doing there? Looked like he tried to hold Palms down. That's some unfair 2 on 1 BS.

Markov looked like he was skating over to try and get Price off of him.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The bigger problem to me is that they didn't come out after that Price BS with any fire.

It looked like they just got pissy and decided to just phone it in. They let the Habs get away with all that nonsense. Despite all the delays they played a decent 1st period, and rolled over for the second.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Kinkaid saved 49 shots against a healthy Pittsburgh team and only allowed 3 goals and lost in the shoot out. You're also in denial if you think schneider isnt a problem right now.

It's called a backup goaltender having a good game. With as many games as we struggled to score against 800000 backups ourselves, from Pietrangelo Senior, to Kevin Weekes and Mike Fountain, we've been on the other end of it many times.

Remember that year Scott Clemmensen had a save percentage 1 point higher than Marty while he was injured? No way he was better than Marty, it was called a hot streak.

Just like Scott Wedgewood's 38 save shutout against Pittsburgh last year, which he was only in for because Kinkaid was bleeding goals out of his wrists at that point.

I'm not trying to take away from Kinkaid, he's been one of the biggest surprises this year in a good way. But he's not better than Cory.

MauDevils

Jan 11, 2009
New Jersey
What was Petry doing there? Looked like he tried to hold Palms down. That's some unfair 2 on 1 BS.

Markov looked like he was skating over to try and get Price off of him.

Meanwhile the ref just stands there with his arm up while Price assaults a player laying on the ice.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
The bigger problem to me is that they didn't come out after that Price BS with any fire.

It looked like they just got pissy and decided to just phone it in. They let the Habs get away with all that nonsense. Despite all the delays they played a decent 1st period, and rolled over for the second.

Yeah, didn't like that at all. They should have been living in the crease all night after that.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Yeah they didn't really push back at all after that nonsense. Even more aggravating is they let guys whack away at Cory all night, just very weak near the crease and keeping guys out of Corys face. It's been happening all season.

Comparison Ford

i got a star
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
After the Game tomorrow, I would love to see Santini get a call up. We need someone like him to play some good defensive minutes with an edge

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I'll excuse this loss.

This schedule is brutal. They need a stretch of home games to practice, rehab, and be in their own beds.

Ownership is partly to blame for this team looking out of sorts. They'll never get consistency if they can't have full practices regularly.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Few thoughts:

-I lost all respect for Carey Price tonight, Kyle was clearly shoved into him and he lost it. The punches to the kidneys should have been enough to kick him out of the game. Disgusting and embarrassing behavior by Price.

-The Devils are looser defensively than I've seen in years. There's no grit and they make it VERY easy for other teams to swarm Schneider's crease and wack away at rebounds. Their transition game is terrible and they can't seem to get the puck up the ice and make clean outlet passes. Way too many turnovers in the defensive end and stupid plays in the neutral zone.

-Cory Schneider needs to start making some ****ing saves. He had a nice start to the season but has been abysmal lately. His rebound control is awful and he's letting pucks squirt through his arms and legs on a regular basis.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'll excuse this loss.

This schedule is brutal. They need a stretch of home games to practice, rehab, and be in their own beds.

Ownership is partly to blame for this team looking out of sorts. They'll never get consistency if they can't have full practices regularly.

It is not helping at all. They have a few days in the area coming up at least since playing at MSG is a short trip.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Meanwhile the ref just stands there with his arm up while Price assaults a player laying on the ice.

The whole thing was disgusting.

And Palmieri got a penalty out of that too.

Because of course the NHL doesn't wanna invest in bullet proof vests and body armor for their officials after blowing calls in Toronto.

I remember when Pat Burns said ''This is hockeytown and funny calls are made here in hockeytown'' after a game against Detroit back in 02-03.

He probably thought the same thing about Montreal but of course, he had to live there and probably had to pipe down.:laugh:

MissMyDevs*

Mar 14, 2016
At this point just please beat the Rangers or don't embarrass yourself against them. One of the two, please. I can't take a 50 shot 5-2 loss versus that team I absolutely ****ing despise them more than anything in life

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Yeah they didn't really push back at all after that nonsense. Even more aggravating is they let guys whack away at Cory all night, just very weak near the crease and keeping guys out of Corys face. It's been happening all season.

It was like they were scared Price might punch someone else in the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad