LD Sean Day - Mississauga Steelheads, OHL (2016 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Petey3329

May 27, 2008
The guy u "talked to" was Barnaby's twitter. It was word for word man. Lets be honest, there was no "other guy"

it was his twiiter but it was direct message cus i asked him via twiiter name top 5 guys ect, he msged me and thats what he said vete, mascarin, smith, chykryn, day not in that order. He also went on to mention a ton of sleepers. check the twitter handle walkersc_ look familiar? lol

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
This is silly. Detroit AAA teams are usually elite. They are comparable to top GTHL teams. I played in the GTHL myself and they are very good.

Compuware is in the top 5 for the OHL Cup right now.

Agreed 100%. I played for the Marlboros way back when and Detroit G.P.D (now Compuware) was better than every team in the MTHL, and beat the Provincial champs when they played them.

The best team in Detroit is better than, or not far behind, the best team in the GTHL depending on the year. Long story short, you couldn't find a more competitive program than Detroit Compuware to play with.

Petey3329

May 27, 2008
Hehehe classic! The equivalent of when a guy routinely says "my sources tell me" when in reality he's just reading a website.

ok well it was direct msg and its still good info. Its my twitter handle who asked and got the info so no worries,

marlies look solid and same as JRC great GTHL final this year.

BeersHockey

Jun 15, 2011
Chicago, IL
He said on twitter he wouldn't play for the states because it simply makes no sense. He's Canadian, his entire family is Canadian. In other words :p: @ USA Hockey

Edit: Who woulda thought someone could simply ask a question on twitter and get an answer

Someone call immigration, start removal proceedings.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

Being serious, I could see USAH offering him a spot at the USNTDP, considering how many Canadians do play for the program and now play for Team USA.

This is silly. Detroit AAA teams are usually elite. They are comparable to top GTHL teams. I played in the GTHL myself and they are very good.

Compuware is in the top 5 for the OHL Cup right now.

I was talking about Junior A teams in the GOJHL. I don't know if he's too young for this league.

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
ok well it was direct msg and its still good info. Its my twitter handle who asked and got the info so no worries,

marlies look solid and same as JRC great GTHL final this year.

Sorry. Wasn't really directing it at you. It just made me remember a buddy who would say "his sources" when it was just a website he was reading.

Are you talking about the 98's or the 97's? A few of guys like mapleleaf who are really in the know so the 98's could be just as good as the 96's. Going to try and watch them at the Marlie Classic. The 98 Marlies play the Moscow Selects on Dec 27th. That should be a great game.

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
Being serious, I could see USAH offering him a spot at the USNTDP, considering how many Canadians do play for the program and now play for Team USA.

Right, this has happened in the past and will surely happen in the future but I think the point that other posters are making is that he's explicitly stating he is 100% Canadian and his dream is to play for Team Canada. So in this specific case, that tactic wouldn't work.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Right, this has happened in the past and will surely happen in the future but I think the point that other posters are making is that he's explicitly stating he is 100% Canadian and his dream is to play for Team Canada. So in this specific case, that tactic wouldn't work.

Do I think he will play for Canada? Yes.

Do I think USA will try to convince to play for them? Yes.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
Do I think he will play for Canada? Yes.

Do I think USA will try to convince to play for them? Yes.
I don't see why you continue to think that.

He doesn't have US citizenship, nor do any of his relatives.
He has no connection to the US besides playing there because of his father's job.

LAX attack*

this has to be the lamest tangent ever, talk more about this day kid!

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Is what Day is doing in minor midget as a 14 yr old, anywhere close to what McDavid did last year?

Different position, so tough to compare. You really have to see Day to appreciate what he could be. He honestly looks like he's not even trying out there. Where when you watched McDavid last year, you could see his work ethic is excellent. I don't know if that says Day plays a somewhat lethargic brand of hockey, but he really does look bored out there half the time. If you really challenge him (OHL next season) I think we'll really see just how incredible Day's skill set truly is.

I'd say Day has the better physical tools, McDavid the better hockey IQ.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Different position, so tough to compare. You really have to see Day to appreciate what he could be. He honestly looks like he's not even trying out there. Where when you watched McDavid last year, you could see his work ethic is excellent. I don't know if that says Day plays a somewhat lethargic brand of hockey, but he really does look bored out there half the time. If you really challenge him (OHL next season) I think we'll really see just how incredible Day's skill set truly is.

I'd say Day has the better physical tools, McDavid the better hockey IQ.

I agree with this assessment completely. Have watched him play this weekend in a showcase here in Chicago and he truly does look bored sometimes. Maybe should be playing Midget Major instead of Minor, who knows? He's above and beyond anyone else he's on the ice with at any time. Real interested to see how he does in the O when he gets there. Kid is the real deal and a treat to watch. Amazing to see when kids are that big and that talented at such a young age.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
I don't see why you continue to think that.

He doesn't have US citizenship, nor do any of his relatives.
He has no connection to the US besides playing there because of his father's job.

Sounds like he considers himself Canadian. But looking at it on paper, he's grown up his entire life in the US, not Canada. Sounds like a pretty strong connection to the US. Just because you have relatives in another country, doesn't make YOU that nationality.

Ive grown up my entire life in the US, I have many relatives in France, doesn't make me French, or make me more French than Spanish.

Hes come out and said he's Canadian, Im just having trouble with the logic, besides him saying so. Not even that I care if he's American or Canadian. The US has lost plenty of players in the last few years to similar circumstances, not the first not the last. If you were born in Belgium, and lived your entire life in the US, not sure how you can just throw out the US factor. I know me personally, if I had gown up my entire life in Canada, but was born in Mexico, and my parents were born in the US, Id consider myself Canadian.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
Sounds like he considers himself Canadian. But looking at it on paper, he's grown up his entire life in the US, not Canada. Sounds like a pretty strong connection to the US. Just because you have relatives in another country, doesn't make YOU that nationality.

Ive grown up my entire life in the US, I have many relatives in France, doesn't make me French, or make me more French than Spanish.

Hes come out and said he's Canadian, Im just having trouble with the logic, besides him saying so. Not even that I care if he's American or Canadian. The US has lost plenty of players in the last few years to similar circumstances, not the first not the last. If you were born in Belgium, and lived your entire life in the US, not sure how you can just throw out the US factor. I know me personally, if I had gown up my entire life in Canada, but was born in Mexico, and my parents were born in the US, Id consider myself Canadian.
Well, you have to put my post in context, as I was replying to a poster that seems to want him to represent a country he seemingly doesn't have any interest in representing.
What I mean is that he doesn't possess US citizenship, nor do his parents or any other relatives as he's said there'd be no point in becoming the first US citizen in the family.
It's not like he's danced around which country he'd want to represent either, so I just don't see why he'd end up playing for the US like the poster was insinuating.
No citizenship and seemingly no interest likely means no chance.

It's a weird situation for sure, but it's his right I guess, as he likely only has citizenship in one country and that's Canada since Belgium does not grant citizenship by birth.

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
I agree with this assessment completely. Have watched him play this weekend in a showcase here in Chicago and he truly does look bored sometimes. Maybe should be playing Midget Major instead of Minor, who knows? He's above and beyond anyone else he's on the ice with at any time. Real interested to see how he does in the O when he gets there. Kid is the real deal and a treat to watch. Amazing to see when kids are that big and that talented at such a young age.

Great that you're in Chicago where I'm sure he plays the likes of the Mission, Young Americans, Team Illinois fairly often, so I'm sure you'll be able to see Day play a few more times.. Yeah, assuming he's in the O next year, it should be extremely interesting to see if his work ethic gets seriously ramped up playing against the likes of NHL 1st rounders, men, and a host of other top prospects. One of the most fascinating prospects in quite sometime. Over time, I could really see him having a Bryan Fogarty type impact on the league.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Nice in-depth scouting report.

Agreed, that was a good read and accurate assessment of him, I think.

As for being in Chicago, it's definitely nice. Unfortunately, I've watched mostly Midget Major and haven't gotten to see the Minors as much as I'd like to so that weekend was the first time I've gotten a chance to see him. Will definitely look to more so the rest of the season.

SpItFiReZ

Jan 4, 2004
Cam Fowler was born in Windsor and parents are Canadian, then moved to US and played there while becoming a citizen.

Day could go either way it sounds as long as citizenship is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad