LD Sean Day - Mississauga Steelheads, OHL (2016 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
I think he should play for Belgium and help out their program.
They need someone like him to help bring back the glory days of 1913.

Edit: btw, he also says he doesn't hold US citizenship and that no one in his family even does.
His parents are obviously just world travelers for some reason.

Last edited:

Alberta tough

Sep 3, 2008
Still on top!
They need someone like him to help bring back the glory days of 1913.

Edit: btw, he also says he doesn't hold US citizenship and that no one in his family even does.
His parents are obviously just world travelers for some reason.

His dad works in the States. I wonder if USA Hockey will try to get him citizenship, kinda like Tyler Myers got his in Canada.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
His dad works in the States. I wonder if USA Hockey will try to get him citizenship, kinda like Tyler Myers got his in Canada.

He said on twitter he wouldn't play for the states because it simply makes no sense. He's Canadian, his entire family is Canadian. In other words :p: @ USA Hockey

Edit: Who woulda thought someone could simply ask a question on twitter and get an answer

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
He said on twitter he wouldn't play for the states because it simply makes no sense. He's Canadian, his entire family is Canadian. In other words :p: @ USA Hockey

Edit: Who woulda thought someone could simply ask a question on twitter and get an answer

I agree, but you gotta know that USAH will try and do their best to try and get this kid to play for them.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
I agree, but you gotta know that USAH will try and do their best to try and get this kid to play for them.

And Hockey Canada will ignore him?

I can't see a kid who considers himself Canadian being tricked into the USA Hockey Program lol Hockey Canada plays a big part in getting this guy exceptional status, no doubt in my mind they'll have him in the bag unless he's secretly looking to go NCAA. Wouldn't make much sense though cuz he'd likely be in the NHL at 18 if he's truly exceptional.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
And Hockey Canada will ignore him?

I can't see a kid who considers himself Canadian being tricked into the USA Hockey Program lol Hockey Canada plays a big part in getting this guy exceptional status, no doubt in my mind they'll have him in the bag unless he's secretly looking to go NCAA. Wouldn't make much sense though cuz he'd likely be in the NHL at 18 if he's truly exceptional.

Why would Canada ignore? All I said is USAH will try and recruit him as well, pretty self explanatory. And why would USAH trick him? :laugh:

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
Why would Canada ignore? All I said is USAH will try and recruit him as well, pretty self explanatory. And why would USAH trick him? :laugh:
I don't even see how you could question who he'll represent at this point.
No US citizenship, dreams of playing for Canada, and will likely be granted exceptional status by Hockey Canada.

I mean, what could USA Hockey possibly do to entice him?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
No US citizenship, dreams of playing for Canada, and will likely be granted exceptional status by Hockey Canada.

gift-baskets.

bullocks

Jun 26, 2007
Toronto
Thanks for that, but damn that could be a big loss for USA if he does play for Canada. I still find it pretty odd that he's not playing any AAA or junior hockey in Canada, but in Detroit of all places.

This is silly. Detroit AAA teams are usually elite. They are comparable to top GTHL teams. I played in the GTHL myself and they are very good.

Compuware is in the top 5 for the OHL Cup right now.

Petey3329

May 27, 2008
talked to a guy who has coached the 98 birth year for the last 6 years and he said Day is amazing but might not be the best 98 available. He said Chad Krys (QMJHL eligible being from conneticut) and Victor Mete playing for JRC AAA just a neat point

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
talked to a guy who has coached the 98 birth year for the last 6 years and he said Day is amazing but might not be the best 98 available. He said Chad Krys (QMJHL eligible being from conneticut) and Victor Mete playing for JRC AAA just a neat point

Edit: I was thinking of the wrong kid...

Oct 15, 2008

They could offer his family free airfare and pay for his summer training programs.:sarcasm:

UvBnDatsyuked

Apr 30, 2005
This is silly. Detroit AAA teams are usually elite. They are comparable to top GTHL teams. I played in the GTHL myself and they are very good.

Yeah, I didn't get the "of all places" either. As if someone said he played New Orleans

myhockeyrankings.com is a good place to see scores and rankings between Ontario and the US. Detroit teams compete well with Toronto teams. All depends on the year you are talking about

I have seen Day play off and on since he was a squirt. Chad Krys as well when he was with West Chester. Both top notch players doing very well at the U16 level (when they both are bantam major aged)

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
Did you actually "talk to a guy" or just read Matt Barnaby's Twitter? :laugh:

Ringing Iron

May 8, 2011

Technically, they were just ranked #1 for the OHLCup. Extremely impressive team

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON

Exactly, taken straight from Barnaby's Twitter. Excuse me while I believe the talent evaluation of Kilrea over Barnaby. I'm sure both can really play though, from what I've gathered online there's a little more buzz about Krys than Mete. Krys is the son of Mark Krys from what I can tell, making him an actual dual citizen as his father was Canadian living in the States while playing in the AHL. There might be your actual battle over a highly touted '98 defenseman between the two nations though the kid sounds born and raised American.

Last edited:

Petey3329

May 27, 2008

had a talk with a guy but saw that on barnabys twitter he also mentioned mascarin, chykryn and smith from marlies as well as potential top 5 OHL territory guys so relax with the chirps buddy

Petey3329

May 27, 2008
I train the 98 YSE team as well so i get a lot of the players and coaches insight on the draft, pretty interesting stuff considering the 98's are stacked up for talent.

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I train the 98 YSE team as well so i get a lot of the players and coaches insight on the draft, pretty interesting stuff considering the 98's are stacked up for talent.

The guy u "talked to" was Barnaby's twitter. It was word for word man. Lets be honest, there was no "other guy", lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad