LD Noah Hanifin (2015, 5th, CAR) II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Hope the Leafs get a chance at him. I'm of the opinion he's undeniably the 3rd best prospect in this draft, in his own tier so to speak.

McDavid/Eichel

Hanifin

Marner/Strome/Barzal/Provorov

sundinisagod said:
We need Hanifin more than Marner.

Phaneuf I don't expect will be around much longer, that leaves Rielly as the only top pairing d in our organization, and Hanifin brings that elite defensive potential that we need.

Is he eligible to play in the AHL next season?

I thought Hanifin had said he had committed to Boston College for the 2015-16 season? I think I remember reading that somewhere.

Mark Kandy

Habcoolic
Jul 22, 2014
Montreal
Hope the Leafs get a chance at him. I'm of the opinion he's undeniably the 3rd best prospect in this draft, in his own tier so to speak.

McDavid/Eichel

Hanifin

Marner/Strome/Barzal/Provorov

I thought Hanifin had said he had committed to Boston College for the 2015-16 season? I think I remember reading that somewhere.

My tiers are identical to yours. And when I hear people say "Barzal doesn't belong in the top 10", I'm like... maaaaaaaaaan have you seen him play? :amazed:

And if you have any news on Hanifin committed to Boston College for next year, I'd like to know, if you find the article or if any other site is talking about this! Thanks!

Territory

Jan 31, 2014
Toronto
Man it must be hard for Leafs and Yotes management to pick between Hanifin/Stome/Marner.

Carolina has it easy and will just get who is left.

Mark Kandy

Habcoolic
Jul 22, 2014
Montreal
Man it must be hard for Leafs and Yotes management to pick between Hanifin/Stome/Marner.

If I was the Yotes, would be an easy pick to me.

I mean, if you go with the "BPA strategy", to me it's Hanifin. If you go with the "needs strategy", to me it's still Hanifin.

They have OEL who's a clear #1 and then, well... Stone, Gormley, Murphy, it is not exactly what I'd call a good depth on the blue line.

But they have Max Domi, Anthony Duclair, Brendan Perlini, Tobias Rieder, Christian Dvorak, Henrik Samuelsson, Lucas Lessio and Laurent Dauphin as good forward prospects. Plus Hanzal, Boedkker, and a couple others of established forward.

If I was Maloney, would be an easy pick, and I'll be proud to select, from Boston College, Noah Hanifin.

zg628

Jun 15, 2015
If I was the Yotes, would be an easy pick to me.

I mean, if you go with the "BPA strategy", to me it's Hanifin. If you go with the "needs strategy", to me it's still Hanifin.

They have OEL who's a clear #1 and then, well... Stone, Gormley, Murphy, it is not exactly what I'd call a good depth on the blue line.

But they have Max Domi, Anthony Duclair, Brendan Perlini, Tobias Rieder, Christian Dvorak, Henrik Samuelsson, Lucas Lessio and Laurent Dauphin as good forward prospects. Plus Hanzal, Boedkker, and a couple others of established forward.

If I was Maloney, would be an easy pick, and I'll be proud to select, from Boston College, Noah Hanifin.

There's also Dahlbeck and John Moore (who's only 24). Tippett has made chicken salad out of chicken you-know-what with his defensemen in the past (think 2012). It's what he does best. That team just can't score. Domi-Strome-Duclair could be the West's version of the Triplets. Of course the Leafs want Strome badly and could be willing to give Kadri or JVR for the right to move up one spot. That's honestly what I see happening, with Hanifin going #4

Mark Kandy

Habcoolic
Jul 22, 2014
Montreal
There's also Dahlbeck and John Moore (who's only 24). Tippett has made chicken salad out of chicken you-know-what with his defensemen in the past (think 2012). It's what he does best. That team just can't score. Domi-Strome-Duclair could be the West's version of the Triplets. Of course the Leafs want Strome badly and could be willing to give Kadri or JVR for the right to move up one spot. That's honestly what I see happening, with Hanifin going #4

John Moore... already been traded two times at 24 years old... he is and will be a NHLer but you're not building around him! And Dahlbeck is not bad but still, isn't a big deal at all!

91Kadri91*

:skeptic:

You can't be serious...

Jul 10, 2003
KW

So you think the Leafs are gonna give up a JVR or Kadri to move up one spot and draft the lower (consensus) ranked player? Taking bets on that?

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
Has there ever been a trade in the history of the draft to move up ONE spot? If the team you're dealing with wants the same player, you have to seriously overpay. If they don't, you don't have to make a trade.

No one would do this.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Did you just say the leafs might trade jvr to move up one spot to draft Dylan strome? Is it just me or is that lunacy?

ZugNugget

Feb 19, 2008
Has there ever been a trade in the history of the draft to move up ONE spot? If the team you're dealing with wants the same player, you have to seriously overpay. If they don't, you don't have to make a trade.

No one would do this.

Tyler Myers/Colten Teubert.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel

Actually, I've heard that if Marner is left at 5, the Canes would pass on him, because they're looking for 'size'. Very idiotic thing imo.

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
Tyler Myers/Colten Teubert.

I had to double check to make sure that was true. It is and shows why you should not do this as the team with the higher pick. LA basically got Teubert and a 3rd for passing on Myers. Kinda embarrassing...

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I had to double check to make sure that was true. It is and shows why you should not do this as the team with the higher pick. LA basically got Teubert and a 3rd for passing on Myers. Kinda embarrassing...

Actually, the truth is even more embarrassing.

The Kings and Sabres were talking about swapping the 12th and 13th picks. Both teams had to write what player they wanted in order for LA to make the trade (in which case they get the third round pick).

When the Sabres wrote down Myers, LA agreed to do the trade, because LA wanted Teubert over Myers.

So, it wasn't exactly as your original question, since it wasn't a case of both teams wanting the same player. But it is an instance in which a team added a pick to move up one spot.

I'm just more embarrassed the Kings valued Teubert over Myers (and, of course, Karlsson also got picked just a couple spots later. To think the Kings could have left the draft with Doughty, Karlsson, and Voynov within the first 32 picks!)

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
I really hope the Leafs pick him, especially if Marner is off the board. If Hanifin is available, I run to the podium, announce my selection of him, and strut and shimmy back to the draft table.

Sonofamitch

Aug 2, 2013
Vaughan,ON
I really hope the Leafs pick him, especially if Marner is off the board. If Hanifin is available, I run to the podium, announce my selection of him, and strut and shimmy back to the draft table.

Both are gonna be on the board. What do you do then? Kinda wish we had the 5th pick so we aren't the ones who gotta pick between Marner Hanifin

Swag Surf Aho

Find Your Own Style
Jul 2, 2011
Raleigh, NC
Both are gonna be on the board. What do you do then? Kinda wish we had the 5th pick so we aren't the ones who gotta pick between Marner Hanifin

If that's how you feel, trade back 1 spot and receive an additional Canes 3rd ;)

I'll just go ahead and say it, you would end up with Marner anyways.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA

Now there's a tough one. We really need everything. I'd be elated with either one, really. At this point, I see both guys as franchise level.

Hanifin/Marner
Strome
Provorov

Rantanen

Barzal

Brett Lebda
Crouse

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad