LD Lane Hutson - Montreal Canadiens, NHL (2022, 62nd, MTL) - Part 2

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Man oh man some posters in this thread are gonna be overdosing on crow by the end of the season

Uh, the technical term would be a crowverdose

b893ff100f1552cb3360a452d8a5aa5634414e7f.gif

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Hutson had looked awesome, cool it on the f***ing Makar comparisons. Dude has crazy talent though, how do pro scouts let these guys drop into the 2nd round and draft bums in the 1st. Montreal fans have been through similar shit as Flyers fans, I really hope he hits for you guys and I think he has / will.
Comparisons are always tough. I prefer describing ranges of players. Last year, I think I said Hutson could be either a Quinn Hughes type or Victor Mete type. Somewhere in that vast range of player. He's currently trending on the higher end of that range.

It's overly optimistic and to say he will hit the heights of Makar but not out of the question completely. I do firmly believe he will be top 2 in a redraft of 22. He is just looking that good in comparison to his draft class.

I think your a Michkov guy if my memory serves me. I'm rooting for him as well. Beautiful player.

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Comparisons are always tough. I prefer describing ranges of players. Last year, I think I said Hutson could be either a Quinn Hughes type or Victor Mete type. Somewhere in that vast range of player. He's currently trending on the higher end of that range.

It's overly optimistic and to say he will hit the heights of Makar but not out of the question completely. I do firmly believe he will be top 2 in a redraft of 22. He is just looking that good in comparison to his draft class

It’s impossible to disagree at this point guy looks legit, hope he stays healthy. I see more Quinn Hughes than Makar tbh

Last edited:

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
I like the kid. He will be a gem. He won't be keeping this pace in an 82 game season though. Every year kids tend to blow their gas cans in the first 15 games while the vets who have nothing to prove know the grind lol

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

Next Best Thing

Oct 31, 2022
I like the kid. He will be a gem. He won't be keeping this pace in an 82 game season though. Every year kids tend to blow their gas cans in the first 15 games while the vets who have nothing to prove know the grind lol
Ok, see u at the end of the season!

:thumbu:

This isn't a hot streak. It's just who he is as a player it's not about consistency or having to motivate him... The main question was always is he able to do this vs pro players? And yes, goodness yes, he can.

Calder is his unless Celebrini can snag it.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Hutson had looked awesome, cool it on the f***ing Makar comparisons. Dude has crazy talent though, how do pro scouts let these guys drop into the 2nd round and draft bums in the 1st. Montreal fans have been through similar shit as Flyers fans, I really hope he hits for you guys and I think he has / will.
He already has. He doesn’t have the shot Makar has but aside from that he’s everything you can ask for in an offensive dynamo from the blue line

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
They still think size is the most important skill.
Gm , Médias and Fans are still very dumb about small players.

No excuses why an IQ like went 62 in the draft.

Unbelievable cause the goat 99 was 170 pounds but had the best IQ in history....

Iq is the most important quality in hockey.

Size? In my view 7h.....

Dionne, Fleury, St Louis , Yzerman, Sakic Gretzky, Bedard, Kane etc

Half of the best players in history were not 6.0 or 200 pounds and you know what..they were all good in playoffs and never injured.

When you draft a good talented small player you can be sure on one thing...; the guy has character...not always the case for some big tall dumb players.....

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
I'm sure he will stay up all season. He's great. But he won't be pumping his legs at "gotta show the coach to keep me" level for 82 games against NHL sized men lol
You need to watch his assist on the 3rd goal…Brady Tkachuk is as big as they come and quite fast, tries to knock him off the puck but can’t reach him.

You can’t cover Lane with physicality you need speed & IQ

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
They love coming in the Hutson thread or Demidov thread and taking runs at Habs players. It's a weird obsession for a few of them.
Still dont care enough about the devils to even look up their prospects

Maybe hutson becomes better than luke hughes. I wouldn’t care but boy would that be something

in before the inevitable butthurt laughing emoji

Last edited:
Reactions: viceroy

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Actually, Nemec & Casey go 1 & 2 in a redraft according to Devils fans :laugh:

But Nemec & Casey are better than all 3 of those players combined.
1. where was that said?

2. People are gullible to believe you without a source

3. complaining about Devils fans when you bring up their players in a thread dedicated to Hutson. #livingrentfree

Reactions: Lou is God

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad