LD Lane Hutson - Boston University, NCAA (2022, 62nd, MTL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
Not so sure about that. If the PP struggle early on he would be the 1st name that come to mind to change things up.
The only person with an outside shot at displacing Matheson is Guhle.

Hutson will be lucky to even play in the NHL this season.

We have tons of options on that side, so he'd have to be really dominant to make the squad. Both he and the organisation would likely be better served long term if we send him to the AHL this season.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022

We have tons of options on that side, so he'd have to be really dominant to make the squad. Both he and the organisation would likely be better served long term if we send him to the AHL this season.
Hutson is unlikely to ever play a game in the AHL.

Leafshater67

Nov 2, 2019
Halifax
As a leafs fan (despite the ironic username), I’ve gotta check in and say I really like and appreciate what they’re doing in Montreal and where it’s trending. A big part of that to me is Lane Hutson.

I am super intrigued by him and I think he will prove a lot of people wrong. Montreal’s future looks in bright hands unlike my team and I envy the excitement their fans must have for guys breaking out like Hutson, Dach, Slav, Caufield and even a Laine rebound. There’s a lot of good stories on this team and it’s clear they prioritize high skill level over all else.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton

I would bet my left nut Hutson is in the lineup opening night

He may eventually struggle and need to get sent down for but I’m certain they have plans for him to be an nhler this year

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005

If Hutson doesn't make the Habs, they better have a top 5 D core in the league.

Matheson had a productive year but is a massive defensive liability at 5v5, even moreso than I expect Hutson to be. Both guys can get lost in their own zone, but Hutson has much better escapability and composure when evading forecheck pressure and breaking the puck out. He's also a more responsible puck mover through the neutral zone. Matheson is stronger defending around the net, but he's still very poor there as well.

I would probably take Hutson over him as a PP QB right now as well.

I'm sure it won't start out this way, but I'd predict Hutson takes the PP1 QB job by the end of the season, much like Fox did vs DeAngelo in New York.

I'd probably run something like:

Matheson - Guhle
Hutson - Savard
Struble - Barron
Xhekaj, Reinbacher

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I would bet my left nut Hutson is in the lineup opening night

He may eventually struggle and need to get sent down for but I’m certain they have plans for him to be an nhler this year
I'd be shocked if he got sent down. I think the Habs expect one more season before really contending, so he should have a long leash.

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC

Matheson had a productive year but is a massive defensive liability at 5v5, even moreso than I expect Hutson to be. Both guys can get lost in their own zone, but Hutson has much better escapability and composure when evading forecheck pressure and breaking the puck out. He's also a more responsible puck mover through the neutral zone. Matheson is stronger defending around the net, but he's still very poor there as well.

I'm sure it won't start out this way, but I'd predict Hutson takes the PP1 QB job by the end of the season, much like Fox did vs DeAngelo in New York.

Matheson - Guhle
Hutson - Savard
Struble - Barron
Xhekaj, Reinbacher
Reinbacher has the more known name, but Engstrom might be ahead of him atm. Both need time in the AHL though.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
Reinbacher has the more known name, but Engstrom might be ahead of him atm. Both need time in the AHL though.
Engstrom will be trade bait for a couple of years.

Matheson - Guhle
Hutson - Savard
Struble - Barron
Xhekaj, Reinbacher
Xhekai is ahead of Struble, he might even start in the top four, paired with Savard.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
As a leafs fan (despite the ironic username), I’ve gotta check in and say I really like and appreciate what they’re doing in Montreal and where it’s trending. A big part of that to me is Lane Hutson.

I am super intrigued by him and I think he will prove a lot of people wrong. Montreal’s future looks in bright hands unlike my team and I envy the excitement their fans must have for guys breaking out like Hutson, Dach, Slav, Caufield and even a Laine rebound. There’s a lot of good stories on this team and it’s clear they prioritize high skill level over all else.
A balanced and reasoned opinion. It’s a wonder what competent management can achieve.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad