LD Jarred Tinordi (2010, 22nd overall, Montreal)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

playthetrap*

Great for the Knights. To the person asking about where he will end up on the depth chart, Id say he will be a #1-2 with by the sounds of it, regular PK and PP time. He doesn't sound at all like Carlson, but obviously they're hoping he can help their power play.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Great for the Knights. To the person asking about where he will end up on the depth chart, Id say he will be a #1-2 with by the sounds of it, regular PK and PP time. He doesn't sound at all like Carlson, but obviously they're hoping he can help their power play.

thanks for the response, i was hoping we'd get a diehard london fan in here eventually. I'm not sure if tinordi can lead a rush enough to be a true #1, but i heard his outlet pass is amazing. Here's hoping he surprises us all.

Mustangs

Jan 13, 2008
Barrie
I know that london is a good program but how do they get all the collage bound players to forget about school and join there team?

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
I know that london is a good program but how do they get all the collage bound players to forget about school and join there team?

If you believe the rumours (and there's certainly a lot of them) there is often cold, hard cash involved. They also have a very good track record to convince a kid that if he really wants to go to the NHL, coming to London is the best way to do it. Guarantees about ice time and such have also been speculated. Plus the Knights are so hugely popular and players get the star treatment here.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
If you believe the rumours (and there's certainly a lot of them) there is often cold, hard cash involved. They also have a very good track record to convince a kid that if he really wants to go to the NHL, coming to London is the best way to do it. Guarantees about ice time and such have also been speculated. Plus the Knights are so hugely popular and players get the star treatment here.

Can we have confirmation about the $$$ thing

Analyzer*

They get some bristle board and put a bunch of photoshoped pictures on it of that player in a London Knights' uniform and put the word "Champion" in the middle.

member 71782

Most of the rumours are just that, rumours. The OHL/CHL education package has been improved to the point where the teams can offer a scholarship guarantee to any player they sign so they can attend any university they choose to if hockey does not work out, within a certain time frame. They can play at a high level and still get a fully paid education anywhere in the world I believe if hockey falls through.

If Tinordi does not make it as a pro and decides to go to school then, depending on his contract he can still go to ND, fully paid courtesy of the London Knights. Each player is different and their agents will of course have to work it out.

As for Sheahan, as a Windsor fan he would be a very nice addition if Windsor could pull off a deal to bring him in. They will be carrying some young kids up front and adding an NHL pick like him could really stabilize a younger offensive group. I haven't heard any rumours around these parts though.

The biggest question for us Windsor fans now though is what does Stephen Johns do? It was rumoured that he would report to Windsor if they hosted the Memorial Cup or if his good friend Jarred Tinordi reported to London. He stated after the NHL draft that he still intended to go the school route and attend ND but with Tinordi changing his plans will he follow suit?

Both Windsor and London could have some very solid bluelines this season and if Johns reports then Windsor could be looking at Ellis, Fowler, Cantin, Johns, Duininck and Webermin.

Let the speculation grow for Windsor fans now that Tinordi has made his move.

Crusher20

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
TSN is now reporting it. Not sure why the Hunters would compare Tinordi to Carlson. Seems to be apples to oranges there.

I just hope Tinordi develops into a smarter and more mobile Komisarek.

I really do believe the only reason he would say that, is that he wants him to see himself as a offensive defenseman, to bring his confidence up and take chances... why not, he is already sound defensively so.. some players just need to be pushed a little and since he is a caracter kid.. maybe he think he can become offensive in the proper situation.. who knows..

but i am glad he wont just be used as a defensive defenseman only and let him progress and learn other areas when still growing as a player. i like that. Komisarek as abysmal offensive instinct.. i still wonder how he manage to put up nice stats in the NCAA.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol

The best GMs have connections they can pull and have more leverage than other teams. In the West, Kitchener and London are pretty well known for luring kids committed to NCAA schools and also European players to play for them.

Despite what the NCAA attempts to claim and spread rumours about, its not bribing the players.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
I really do believe the only reason he would say that, is that he wants him to see himself as a offensive defenseman, to bring his confidence up and take chances... why not, he is already sound defensively so.. some players just need to be pushed a little and since he is a caracter kid.. maybe he think he can become offensive in the proper situation.. who knows..

but i am glad he wont just be used as a defensive defenseman only and let him progress and learn other areas when still growing as a player. i like that. Komisarek as abysmal offensive instinct.. i still wonder how he manage to put up nice stats in the NCAA.

Did you actually read the article? The writer of the article made the Carlson comparison. Hunter said nothing about it.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I think the most interesting development from this is where Stephen Johns ends up in a month or so.... him and Tinordi are very tight, and with his buddy leaving the program that they were both going to attend, you have to wonder if the 6'3 220 man child will bolt as well....what a blow to Jeff Jackson if he loses Johns as well...

Not turning this into a Stephen Johns thread, but he really did turn many heads at the US eval camp last week....he simply outplayed Tinordi and looked better all around (hence why Tinordi was cut from the eval camp and Johns was not). If Windsor lands Johns it could be a ridiculous blueline for the OHL powerhouse. If not, it could be the only saving face the Notre Dame program has this year.

As for the cash rumor for Tinordi....who knows and who cares. I would venture to say that Mark Tinordi's relationship with the Hunter brothers was a much bigger factor then a sum of money in the move. If Mark Tinordi believes his son can develope and perform better in London, and his buddies and ex teammates run the program, well then it sounds like a slam dunk to me. If Tinordi got 100,000 to go play for them, great for him, it doesnt change a thing in my eyes one bit. He is a kid making a decision that will alter his life forever at the age of 18....hope he made the right one.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
A question for people who have seen Tinordi play. What do you think his upside is in the NHL? What is his absolute sealing? And how is his offensive play and what is it lacking (if anything)?

Thanks.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
I think the most interesting development from this is where Stephen Johns ends up in a month or so.... him and Tinordi are very tight, and with his buddy leaving the program that they were both going to attend, you have to wonder if the 6'3 220 man child will bolt as well....what a blow to Jeff Jackson if he loses Johns as well...

Not turning this into a Stephen Johns thread, but he really did turn many heads at the US eval camp last week....he simply outplayed Tinordi and looked better all around (hence why Tinordi was cut from the eval camp and Johns was not). If Windsor lands Johns it could be a ridiculous blueline for the OHL powerhouse. If not, it could be the only saving face the Notre Dame program has this year.

As for the cash rumor for Tinordi....who knows and who cares. I would venture to say that Mark Tinordi's relationship with the Hunter brothers was a much bigger factor then a sum of money in the move. If Mark Tinordi believes his son can develope and perform better in London, and his buddies and ex teammates run the program, well then it sounds like a slam dunk to me. If Tinordi got 100,000 to go play for them, great for him, it doesnt change a thing in my eyes one bit. He is a kid making a decision that will alter his life forever at the age of 18....hope he made the right one.

While I agree that John is probably better you do have to remember that it's about who will be better in the future and a defenseman of his size is not an easily found commodity especially with so many intangibles

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
While I agree that John is probably better you do have to remember that it's about who will be better in the future and a defenseman of his size is not an easily found commodity especially with so many intangibles

I think Tinordi will still be the better pro....and Johns is a Hawks prospect, so my homer goggles are foggy I guess.

Just for that eval camp, Johns looked more polished overall, it doesn't mean he will have a better career let alone year this year, but most of us were a bit shocked to see Johns moving on over Tinordi who both were playing for similar roles.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
Jarred Tinordi

I dont expect him to be much more then a solid shutdown D to play with subban, but craig Button just went crazy about him saying a ton of teams were upset about skipping him, I'm sorry I didn't see him in that light but does anyone else? Like I don't expect much, komisarek like offense etc. but are any teams bothered they let him slide?

Feb 28, 2007
B.C.
I think Vancouver was pretty high on him at the Draft. Rumour has it that if he or Beau Bennett were available the Canucks were going to select them and give the Panthers their 2011 1st round pick.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I dont expect him to be much more then a solid shutdown D to play with subban, but craig Button just went crazy about him saying a ton of teams were upset about skipping him, I'm sorry I didn't see him in that light but does anyone else? Like I don't expect much, komisarek like offense etc. but are any teams bothered they let him slide?

I know Vancouver was after him hard last year and when MTL picked him, the Nucks traded their pick.

EDIT: Beaten to it!

4thliner*

Craig Button is a goof. You have to take whatever that guy says with a grain of salt especially when it comes to prospects.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad