LD Jarred Tinordi (2010, 22nd overall, Montreal)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
The Canadiens organization must have something against NCAA hockey :laugh:
d_fischer.jpg

:sarcasm:

Good for Jarred though. Habs really want their prospects to play more games it seems.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
and in related news with the recruits and players leaving ND the past few years ND coach Jeff Jackson is proud to announce that the stick-boy has signed a rock-solid 4 year contract!

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I really like Tinnordi and its good for the habs and their fans that he'll be playing in London this year. The Hunters know what they are doing and will definitely bring that nasty side out of him while developing his overall game.

As for Sheahan leaving Notre Dame, did I miss something here? There were rumours but those were shut down right after the draft I thought?

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
I really like Tinnordi and its good for the habs and their fans that he'll be playing in London this year. The Hunters know what they are doing and will definitely bring that nasty side out of him while developing his overall game.

As for Sheahan leaving Notre Dame, did I miss something here? There were rumours but those were shut down right after the draft I thought?

I read in a major hockey publication that Sheehan stated he would to do the CHL if the Wings wanted him too.

Also, I think there was an arrest that will leave him suspended for an undetermined amount of time.

Both motivating factors to leave, although I can not believe it would be Erie.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I read in a major hockey publication that Sheehan stated he would to do the CHL if the Wings wanted him too.

Also, I think there was an arrest that will leave him suspended for an undetermined amount of time.

Both motivating factors to leave, although I can not believe it would be Erie.

Yeah he said that and he did have an underage drinking incident but I think the wings told him to stay with Notre Dame, unless something has changed thats what word on the street was after the draft. If he had a chance to go to Windsor or London however I think he would be dumb to stay at Notre Dame, the wings are just gonna sign him before his time is up there anyways like they did with Abdelkader and Brendan Smith

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
I had a feeling that Notre Dame wouldn't want or accept either Palmeiri or Sheehan back after the incident when they got caught drinking. Who knows what Notre Dame said to them but neither are going back, so it's a moot point.

I'm glad Tinordi is going to London. I remember a few interviews that TSN and others had with Tinordi's at the time of draft and a couple of times they mentioned a "3 year plan". I guess being cut form the WJC team changed that plan, I'm okay with a 2 year plan.

Defensive Forward

Aug 5, 2010
Ontario
I think that going to London will be better for his development and will make the D for the Knights better. Its a win-win situation, and he can also help out Harrington as well.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I had a feeling that Notre Dame wouldn't want or accept either Palmeiri or Sheehan back after the incident when they got caught drinking. Who knows what Notre Dame said to them but neither are going back, so it's a moot point.

I'm glad Tinordi is going to London. I remember a few interviews that TSN and others had with Tinordi's at the time of draft and a couple of times they mentioned a "3 year plan". I guess being cut form the WJC team changed that plan, I'm okay with a 2 year plan.

Oh does anyone have a link about Notre Dame not accepting Sheahan back? I was completely unaware of this

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Perhaps him being cut from the US wjc summer camp helped sway his decision.

Psycho Papa Joe

Porkchop Hoser
Feb 27, 2002
Cesspool, Ontario
Visit site
Was Tinordi one of the eight Notre Dame recruits arrested for minor consumption? If so, he would have probably faced some sort of discipline, which would have played into his decision. Sheahan almost surely faces discipline after his arrest this summer... which will probably affect his ultimate decision. Palmieri would have faced discipline as well, but his decision was made easier by the fact that he'll go straight to the AHL.

In summary, Notre Dame should probably stick to recruiting kids who don't care so much for the sauce.

OMG, kids in their late teens drinking. Who would have thunk. :sarcasm:

Old enough to go to war, but too young to drink. Never understood that.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
In fact, Tinordi supposes to be a long-term project, but he doesnt want to be this. He wants to play NHL next year. Its probably a big factor playing in favor of the Knights. London is a good hockey school and he cant could reach NHL easier that way IMO. I still think he will not, but could be ready in 2 years.

That said, im not sure, but I think that Dale Hunter has a good relationship with Keith allain and Phil Housley. Dale could make some pressure on them to give him another chance for the WJC11. It will be tough with how good was Faulk and Clendening at US Camp but I prefer Tinordi to the Boston college Squad. The habs fans have to pray that Fowler (Anaheim) and Leddy (Chicago) will play NHL or uninvited for the final camp in december.

Andrew Mack

Mar 20, 2009
Niagara Region, ON

Sheahan thing is just a rumour but his "advisor" is Brisson and there are big concerns among his camp that the Notre Dame style of play is going to hurt his development. The Wings are obviously a very patient team with their prospects and are not in a rush for anyone to come up, but there is still a prevailing thought that if Erie would trade his rights to a more established team like Windsor or London (ie. teams that will pay for him to leave the NCAA if you ask some) he would be more prepared to turn pro, would likely sign an ELC and get a nice signing bonus. The biggest concern is the ND program though, not NCAA hockey.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Sheahan thing is just a rumour but his "advisor" is Brisson and there are big concerns among his camp that the Notre Dame style of play is going to hurt his development. The Wings are obviously a very patient team with their prospects and are not in a rush for anyone to come up, but there is still a prevailing thought that if Erie would trade his rights to a more established team like Windsor or London (ie. teams that will pay for him to leave the NCAA if you ask some) he would be more prepared to turn pro, would likely sign an ELC and get a nice signing bonus. The biggest concern is the ND program though, not NCAA hockey.

Awe okay. Yeah Sheahan's defensive game is already top notch so playing in Notre Dame's system is probably not going to help him develop anymore. If he got traded to Windsor it would be awesome. Right across the river from his future team and in one of the great hockey teams of the CHL and he could work on his offense a lot more.

It would probably also help his chances at the world junior team because he would put up more points.

The OHL is the way to go for both Tinnordi and Sheahan I would think to help develop them better.

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009

Thats probably about it.

I wouldnt be shocked to see him end up in a Kitchener or perhaps Mississauga.

I think the Wings have a history of being patient with players (didnt Smith play 3 years in the NCAA, which is rare for a 1st rounder.)

Also, its not like they need immediate help, and Sheehan is a few years away anyways.

FanHabtic*

Why did the US pick their WHJC team already? If a player who is not currently selected for the team breaks out and dominates up to the day of the tournament will he be selected or have they made their decisions already?

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Thats probably about it.

I wouldnt be shocked to see him end up in a Kitchener or perhaps Mississauga.

I think the Wings have a history of being patient with players (didnt Smith play 3 years in the NCAA, which is rare for a 1st rounder.)

Also, its not like they need immediate help, and Sheehan is a few years away anyways.

Yeah Detroit is usually very patient with prospects and Smith did play 3 years. But he is a defenseman and was not very good in his own end at all when Detroit drafted him. I think Sheahan is nearly physically ready for the NHL at 6'2 and 200+ pounds and his defensive game is up to snuff. He just needs to develop his scoring touch and he won't do that in Notre dame like he would in the OHL. He might follow the same route as Abdelkader though which was 3 years NCAA then Grand Rapids. Both players were physically ready for the NHL as well.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Sorry,

We are just discussion, like most threads on here they go on a fluid basis. Sometimes there are side conversations.

My apologies.

Exactly plus it is kind of related to the topic. We were discussing players leaving NCAA hockey to play in the CHL. SHeahan might be leaving the same team Tinnordi did so its not off topic really

SPORTSMANIAC

Nov 15, 2004
Lewiston, Maine
mvn.com
Why did the US pick their WHJC team already? If a player who is not currently selected for the team breaks out and dominates up to the day of the tournament will he be selected or have they made their decisions already?

They didn't...He just got cut from the roster the games against Sweden and Finland last week...If he has a great start to the year he could be selected to the selection camp in December.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad