LD Jarred Tinordi (2010, 22nd overall, Montreal)

Andrew Mack

Mar 20, 2009
Niagara Region, ON
Erie. And you can bet that after the rather open grievances that the Red Wings had with the development of Zack Torquato, that the Wings will only send Sheahan to the O if they can get him into a different program.

He will probably end up in Windsor and get the big bucks from that organization like Fowler did. Close to Detroit, plus he'll grab a nice signing bonus. Seems like Brisson is running the ship now, should be a good haul for Riley.

But back to Jarred, he will be a big boost to London. He's the type of player they needed last year. A year or two in London will be perfect for a player of his ilk. First class organization with an unrestrictive system.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
i asked the same question on the habs board: for those who know london's current roster list, how does tinordi stack up? Will he be top 4? First wave on pk? I read an interview that said the hunters want tinordi to develop and use his offensive game more, which is interesting since he doesnt have much of one. Maybe they see something we don't.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado

Hunter intends to use the offensive skill some of his blue-liners bring, especially Tinordi. Imagine former Knights defenceman John Carlson, only add size and toughness.

“We’re going to encourage him to jump into the play,” he said. “We needed that last year and we’ll be doing it a lot more this year.”

They're going to be really disappointed if they think Tinordi is a bigger and tougher version of John Carlson.

Last edited:

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
That wasn't really my point. Comparing Tinordi to Carlson (at this point) is a pipe dream. They're not that similar, other than both being Americans going to London.

But they might have seen the same things in Carlson that they see in Tinordi, I'd give him at least a year in the CHL before I decided too completely right off the thought, however unlikely.

shortcat1

Jan 25, 2005
Downtown Palau, ON
Sorry guys it's in french - http://fr.canoe.ca/sports/nouvelles/hockey/lnh/archives/2010/08/20100810-223920.html

I believe the kid made a wise decision.He will be more effective in the OHL with his style of play and he is heading to one of the best organization in the entire CHL.

That's cool... when the Knights come to play in Sudbury (if they do this season), I'll get to watch him play at least once.

I'm pleased (for myself) but I hope it's the wiser of the possible decisions (for him). We'll see.

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
Probably a good move for Tinordi. He's a CHL style of player, and I think he likely would have signed to play in the AHL after two years of college anyways. Who knows, Montreal might even elect to put him in Hamilton after this year.

Most people are seeing him as somewhat of a long-term project, 3-4 years. If he can fill out his frame and get a lot of ice time without a significant injury maybe Hamilton next season isn't that far of a stretch but I doubt it.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I wonder what Jeff Jackson will have to say about this one, after his comments last year about the OHL paying players under the table, which got him in hot water as Kitchner was considering a lawsuit. Not a good day for Notre Dame but I had a feeling this would happen as Gainey is close friends with Mark Hunter and it was said at the draft that the Hunters were very aggressive in trying to lure Tinordi to London.

Last edited:

RoyBoyCoy

Habs and Rugby
Feb 17, 2008
Lennoxville, QC
Fantastic!

Twice as long of a season, tough travel schedule, and much much much better competition. It's way better preparation for the NHL. Glad to see him make the right decision.

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London
They're going to be really disappointed if they think Tinordi is a bigger and tougher version of John Carlson.

I saw that and shock my head. That's a horrible comparsion to the kid. Carlson didn't even try for most of the year and was still the best D-man in the OHL. I'm not holding Jarred to that standing. I expect a good solid two way guy that takes care of his own end first.

Carlson is 4 inches shorter the Tinordi but at the same weight when he arrived in London. Jarred brings the leadership that Carlson didn't have.

London now has a Jared and a Jarred.....:sarcasm:

FanHabtic*

I like that he is playing in the OHL and for the Hunters. I don't expect Tinordi to produce offensively (like Carlson) but i hope he can develop into a strong defensive d-man with some bite to his game. What excites me most about Tinordi is his mobility for a big-man.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Sorry but the Carlson-Tinordi comparison has to stop. They are nowhere near the same type of players.

The Exiled One

Sep 1, 2006
State of Hockey
www.dahuskies.com
I wonder what Jeff Jackson will have to say about this one, after his comments last year about the OHL playing players under the table, which got him in hot water as Kitchner was considering a lawsuit. Not a good day for Notre Dame but I had a feeling this would happen as Gainey is close friends with Mark Hunter and it was said at the draft that the Hunters were very aggressive in trying to lure Tinordi to London.
Was Tinordi one of the eight Notre Dame recruits arrested for minor consumption? If so, he would have probably faced some sort of discipline, which would have played into his decision. Sheahan almost surely faces discipline after his arrest this summer... which will probably affect his ultimate decision. Palmieri would have faced discipline as well, but his decision was made easier by the fact that he'll go straight to the AHL.

In summary, Notre Dame should probably stick to recruiting kids who don't care so much for the sauce.

FanHabtic*

I don't trust the source. There's nothing about it on the London Free Press' website, aside from a translated version of the original article.

TSN is now reporting it. Not sure why the Hunters would compare Tinordi to Carlson. Seems to be apples to oranges there.

I just hope Tinordi develops into a smarter and more mobile Komisarek.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Heh, I actually just finished reading the entire Free Press article and considering there are Hunter quotes in it, discard what I said. It looks official. I think that was translated from english to french and not the other way around like I thought at first.

Was Tinordi one of the eight Notre Dame recruits arrested for minor consumption?

He wasn't at Notre Dame last year, so you have to assume he was not. He would have been a freshman this year.

As for the Carlsson comparison, it's really on the writer who made it. Not the Hunters.

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Was Tinordi one of the eight Notre Dame recruits arrested for minor consumption? If so, he would have probably faced some sort of discipline, which would have played into his decision. Sheahan almost surely faces discipline after his arrest this summer... which will probably affect his ultimate decision. Palmieri would have faced discipline as well, but his decision was made easier by the fact that he'll go straight to the AHL.

In summary, Notre Dame should probably stick to recruiting kids who don't care so much for the sauce.

No he wasn't.

He wasn't at Notre Dame last year, so you have to assume he was not. He would have been a freshman this year.

He's talking about the second incident, that one happened this summer. Tinordi was at Notre Dame this summer taking summer classes, but was not among the arrested.

TankEller*

He might not have sky-high offensive potential, but I think it's not that far-fetched to expect him to become a great top-4 d-man, 20-30 points scorer, who's nasty, willing to drop the gloves, and willing to play to the limits of legality. He'll not have to worry a whole lot about playing with the puck anyway, Subban will be at his right taking care of that business.

All I want him to be is a psycho, nasty mother****er who plays great defense and who's a legit top-4 d-man, so he can act as a partner and as a bodyguard to Subban. And playing under Hunter, you can be sure the "psycho" and "nasty mother****er" aspects of his game are sure to be there... He just has to keep improving his defensive play and, if possible, learn how to fight properly this year in the OHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad