LD Dmitry Simashev - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl, KHL (2023, 6th, ARI)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MikeyS

Aug 28, 2023
Played only 43 seconds yesterday, guess he is a bust? Am I doing this right Michkov haters?

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Played only 43 seconds yesterday, guess he is a bust? Am I doing this right Michkov haters?
Michkov haters are a very small minority. Michkov worshippers are way more numerous.
As for Simashev, he is not a bust of course, just a young raw player. I still dont see a 6th overall in him, but far from bust of course

JasonDemersWasOkay

F Utah and anyone who roots for them
Nov 14, 2018
He’s so raw but also so skilled. Hopefully he locks down being a top D in the MHL this year if he isn’t gonna get ice time in the KHL

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
Don't know much about Simashev. Guessing he's a bit more of a project type. 2023 wasn't the greatest draft for defencemen at the top end but I can also see why Arizona took this swing; D isn't a position of strength among their prospect pool compared to the forwards.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
I like what arizona is cookin
I think he and Willander will be the best dmen from this draft. As a nuck fan we needed an RHD more but this dude is a freak and like Tom the untapped potential is what's so intriguing. I think the Habs played it far too safe and chose the guy who can play sooner but lacks any real elite tools. Hab fans say that they don't need LHD but this freak of nature would easily be their best shot at having a true #1d. No disrespect to Guhle.

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
I think he and Willander will be the best dmen from this draft. As a nuck fan we needed an RHD more but this dude is a freak and like Tom the untapped potential is what's so intriguing. I think the Habs played it far too safe and chose the guy who can play sooner but lacks any real elite tools. Hab fans say that they don't need LHD but this freak of nature would easily be their best shot at having a true #1d. No disrespect to Guhle.
I REALLY like what I saw from Willander at last years WJC. That said, I’m still REALLy high on Reinbacher

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Will Simashev and But be on the team next season?
No. They each have one more year remaining on their current contract. Before the team relocated to Utah the Coyotes main beat-writer intimated that Coyotes fans shouldn’t be surprised nor concerned if the pair signs a one year extension. That his belief was the Coyotes were okay with that.

I’d love to see Utah package 38+49+? to move up for Yegor Surin. Grab the 3 Amigos.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad