OT - NO POLITICS Lazy, Hazy Days of Summah

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I'd lose my f***ing mind, I'll tell you that. They also don't do ice in their drinks. My late aunt didn't speak any English but whenever she visited and got a drink she'd yell "NO ICE. NO ICE" :laugh:

They just dont do ice! I need my drinks Cold and my ac on 65.
In England they never use ice in drinks, you have to ask for it. Same for our relatives when they visited us in Canada, no ice! They asked if we have ice in our drinks during winter too.....yes, I never have one without ice. They think it is crazy!

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Asa matter of fact first color tv in our home, my gramps downstairs, was 1967.
I remember sitting with him and watching Lost in Space for the first time in color.
He shamed my dad into buying one, a big box Zenith, with maybe a 19” screen the following year.
when we went camping we had a b/w tv that i think was a 6" or 9" screen

Reactions: caz16 and Gee Wally

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
My brother and I each got one of these one year for Christmas. I still have mine. The radio still works at least...lol

s-l1600.png

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Me: Why is the thermostat on 75!!!
My husband: It was 71 yesterday in here, I was freezing.
Me: Ya I'm not seeing the problem.

I cannot sleep in 75 degrees.

It's 102 at 11am today.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
:amazed: not exactly tornado alley up there....

Tornadoes up here are nothing like tornadoes in the southern states but they still put fear in my heart. This system hit us overnight and they were talking about nocturnal tornadoes which sound even scarier. I woke to some of it but luckily it wasn't as bad as they predicted.

Reactions: Alicat and Ladyfan

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Me: Why is the thermostat on 75!!!
My husband: It was 71 yesterday in here, I was freezing.
Me: Ya I'm not seeing the problem.

I cannot sleep in 75 degrees.

It's 102 at 11am today.
True story. But my office is upstairs, so sitting in an icebox all day isn't great. I don't mind turning it down overnight. Science supposedly says you actually sleep better when it's cooler overnight.

Reactions: Kovi

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Anyone have one of those tv’s encased in wood? Wood Jerry, wood
We had one of these. This isn't the exact one, but it's the closest I could find. record player on one side and radio and 8-track player on the other. When we moved, my mom had some of her coworkers help her, and she didn't tell then they had to carry that thing up to our second floor apartment. Oops!
iu

Reactions: quietbruinfan

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
First real week of summer weather this year and my pool pump crapped out sunday. Still waiting for the pool guy to show to diagnose, though I am 99% sure the connector blew out. Was able to swim until today, when the water went from nice to pond overnight.

Just in time to have people over this weekend too. Owning a pool in NE is such a PITA, now I know why it drove the appraisers price down 25k when I was buying the place.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
It has been a little over 2 weeks since my hip replacement.

I had my first out of house PT today. I DROVE myself there :D. They said 6-8 weeks before driving ...I said 2 + weeks.

They moved me around a lot, and I am a bit sore tonight but feel like things are improving.

I have a pet sitting service that cares for my 2 cats when I am away. I had the girl come every other day as feeding was OK but bending over to clean the cat box was a no no. She came at 5:30am and I was awake. She was very sweet and took out trash, got my mail and emptied the dehumidifier. We chatted every day. Lovely young lady. She has a 3 year old son. It was nice having her help out.

Today was the last day so I gave her a big tip.

The place where she works does doggy day care too. They have swimming pools for the dogs. I loved her stories.

Hey, @NeelyDan ...I showed her a picture of Chibby and she loves him too.:)

True story. But my office is upstairs, so sitting in an icebox all day isn't great. I don't mind turning it down overnight. Science supposedly says you actually sleep better when it's cooler overnight.
This is true for me.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Tornado warnings in Poutineville

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events