OT - NO POLITICS Lazy, Hazy Days of Summah

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I've been seeing the baseball Immaculate Grid game everywhere and have started playing it. I was curious if there was a hockey version and it turns out there is, called Puckdoku

I got 8/9 today because I missed my guess on the top right box.

I assumed
Ryan Miller would've won a Calder.

Last edited:

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I still can’t believe how bad the garden ice is having seen it first hand when I met @Ladyfan and her sis
It has to be soft because thats what they break up and use in the drinks during Celtics games.

I'm going to Puerto Rico the first weekend of August for a long weekend with my college friends to celebrate turning 40.

I'm already dreading the heat, but I guess I'll be in a pool or the ocean the whole time.
Our prayers will be with you in this time of hardship.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
We're looking for some new GMs to join us over on the GM Games forum.

We have a new game that is taking sign-ups now, for anyone who wants to make the offseason go by a bit quicker.

Happy to discuss!

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario

I was forced to use them several years ago. I wanted a Pasta winter classic jersey and couldn't get it through NHL.com (Canada). Someone suggested DHGate, so for the ridiculous price I thought why not? It was identical, perfect in every way. NHL screwed themselves IMO because I wouldn't have gone that route if they offered what I wanted here.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005

Fenway Park will transform itself into a temporary pickleball mecca this summer.
when we getting a knee hockey tournament??

Reactions: Ludwig Fell Down

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
We seem to be in a stormy pattern here. Had a solid thunderstorm with 60 mph winds this am with more storms on the way tonight and again tomorrow and Sunday.

I have the cutest niece in the whole world. Auntie Ali could snuggle her all day.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I was forced to use them several years ago. I wanted a Pasta winter classic jersey and couldn't get it through NHL.com (Canada). Someone suggested DHGate, so for the ridiculous price I thought why not? It was identical, perfect in every way. NHL screwed themselves IMO because I wouldn't have gone that route if they offered what I wanted here.
I've actually only bought MLB jerseys through them, never hockey ones. But the ones I got came out just fine (though shipping took like a month). I'm sure an eagle-eyed expert could find a fault in the stitching or fabric and tell it's not an authentic, but for $25 vs. $200, can't complain.

I've only bought 2 jerseys off them but I've read from others that once in a while you'll get a botch, like a jersey with the completely wrong number/nameplate font or shoddy stitching, but the other 90% are passable.

Reactions: caz16

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I've actually only bought MLB jerseys through them, never hockey ones. But the ones I got came out just fine (though shipping took like a month). I'm sure an eagle-eyed expert could find a fault in the stitching or fabric and tell it's not an authentic, but for $25 vs. $200, can't complain.

I've only bought 2 jerseys off them but I've read from others that once in a while you'll get a botch, like a jersey with the completely wrong number/nameplate font or shoddy stitching, but the other 90% are passable.
I ordered a Peverley jersey from the NHL and it took four times before they got it right - first it was Peverly (no e), second it was 49 on the back and 94 on the sleeves, third time the name was ironed on instead of stitched and was coming off, 4th time was right and it was stitched on. They told me if the 4th one wasn't right, I wouldn't be allowed to order it again. It was unbelievable. They didn't ask for any of them to be returned, so one was sewed into a Bruins cat bed by my daughter, I had the iron on one stitched by a tailor, so ended up with two wearable ones in the end.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

Boston Police report teaming up with Transit and State Police to capture an alleged bank robber they say used the Orange Line as his escape route after a Downtown Crossing bank robbery, possibly because in an earlier Boston robbery, he tried using a stolen car, only to be foiled when he crashed the car, ran somebody over and was tackled by a bystander.

Police say Jonathan Pagan, 32, of Everett, walked into the TD Bank branch at 24 Winter St. around 8:30 a.m., and told a teller he had a gun. He then fled towards the Park Street T stop, but possibly in an effort to confuse any pursuers, either doubled back or used the tunnel to get to the Downtown Crossing stop, where he got on the Orange Line - headed towards Forest Hills, rather than, oh, Everett.

Transit Police tracked him to the Massachusetts Avenue stop, where he got off the train, police say.

Transit Police and Massachusetts State Police were able to stop the suspect at the train station. Officers observed US Currency protruding from the suspect’s pocket. As officers attempted to place the suspect into handcuffs, he actively resisted officers’ orders. Officers were able to safely handcuff the suspect without further incident.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Dreading taking out the trash and recycle in a few minutes.

The humidity is atrocious. Not good for my asthma. But nobody else can push the barrels out front so I have no choice.

• Wow
Reactions: Kovi

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
I ordered a Peverley jersey from the NHL and it took four times before they got it right - first it was Peverly (no e), second it was 49 on the back and 94 on the sleeves, third time the name was ironed on instead of stitched and was coming off, 4th time was right and it was stitched on. They told me if the 4th one wasn't right, I wouldn't be allowed to order it again. It was unbelievable. They didn't ask for any of them to be returned, so one was sewed into a Bruins cat bed by my daughter, I had the iron on one stitched by a tailor, so ended up with two wearable ones in the end.

That's using your noodle.

Stick it to the man.

Reactions: Mione134 and caz16

gorskic

New England FreeJacks, the local franchise for Major League Rugby, just won the league. Well "just" as in a few hours ago. I just got home from post-game social activities. ;)

FreeJacks won on a 77th minute try from LeRoux Malan. The Guardian has a pretty good summary:

major-league-rugby-new-england-san-diego-final

So 2023 will not pass without a New England pro sports team winning a title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad