Latest on the Arizona Coyotes Arena ordeal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NotASheep

Feb 23, 2019
Then why care?
Really why does anybody outside of the fans and the owners spend their time and energy on this?
First of all you cannot change anything so why spend time and effort on it?
Just ignore it.

Second it does not affect anybody besides maybe the owners and the fans of the yotes. So why spend time and energy on that?
It boggles my mind to see so many people writing about it even though it does not impact them in the slightest.

You guys could use that time and energy on way better things. And be happy instead of being angry about something that doesn't concern you in the slightest and that you cannot change or influence.
It makes the league look like a joke.

NotASheep

Feb 23, 2019
Why? And why should you care about that?
Really ask yourself that question and give yourself a honest answer.

Why does it matter to me? Thats the actual question.
I am a hockey fan. The NHL shoots its self in the foot too often.

It has been 30 years and they are still trying figure this shit out?

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Why? And why should you care about that?
Really ask yourself that question and give yourself a honest answer.

Why does it matter to me? Thats the actual question.

.....Because as hockey fans we should probably wonder what's going on, when one of the league's 32 teams has been given permission by the NHL front office to play all 41 home games in a laughably miniscule and unprofessional arena that has no business hosting NHL games?

And how there's still no set plan for this arrangement to end any time soon, despite the fact that there are several arenas in neighbouring states that could at least temporarily house the Coyotes until they finally get their shit figured out, but the NHL front office refuses to consider these options? :help:

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018

I am also a hockey fan, but i don't care at all. Because it does not affect me the slightest. In those 30 years the game got better and I enjoy the game more than back when i started watching. Thats all i care for.
Why bother with what i cannot change?
The only people that this actually impacts is the owners. And they seem fine.

Nobody here, besides yotes Fans, really have a emotional part in this. We only talk about this because the media talks about it and says that it makes the league look bad, but why should i care about that?

.....Because as hockey fans we should probably wonder what's going on, when one of the league's 32 teams has been given permission by the NHL front office to play all 41 home games in a laughably miniscule and unprofessional arena that has no business hosting NHL games?
And why should we?
You don't provide an actual explanation.
You Just say that. But what does that even mean? And why should it mean something to us?

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I am also a hockey fan, but i don't care at all. Because it does not affect me the slightest. In those 30 years the game got better and I enjoy the game more than back when i started watching. Thats all i care for.
Why bother with what i cannot change?
The only people that this actually impacts is the owners. And they seem fine.

Nobody here, besides yotes Fans, really have a emotional part in this. We only talk about this because the media talks about it and says that it makes the league look bad, but why should i care about that?

And why should we?
You don't provide an actual explanation.
You Just say that. But what does that even mean? And why should it mean something to us?

Go back and read my post again.

We should care - and I'm sure many do, unless they've got their head in the sand - about the league continuing to prop up one of their franchises or keep it on life support for as long as they have.

This has gone on for quite some time, surely even you can admit this, right?

You appear to have an "everything is fine" approach and are willing to overlook anything that doesn't appear in front of your eyes, on the ice. That's fine. But for the rest of us who have been watching this organization stumble from one hurdle to the next, it's an embarrassing chapter in the NHL's history and one we're hoping ends soon.

EDIT: I'll even add on to that last part - when I say "ends soon" that doesn't necessarily mean relocation, although at this point it may be the best option. But if Arizona's ownership can finally, FINALLY figure out how to build an arena (and pay for it), giving their team a real home again, that would work too. This process has been slow as molasses and the league is far more patient with the Coyotes than we've seen with any other team Again, here's hoping for a quick resolution, one way or the other.

Reactions: kevistar

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
@Dr Pepper
I don't have an "everything is fine" approach. I just say why should i care If i cannot change it and it does not influence me?
It would just cost me energy, time and make me unhappy.
And again i don't see any argument that says that we have to care.
And the NHL and its owners are the ones who care, they are affected by it and they seem to be fine with it over the last 30 years. So why should i, as a fan get worked up about it?

It does not help or change anything If i do. Or if anyboey else does so. It just doesn't matter to the overall situation. What it does, is making us feel angry, sad and whatever else.
Why should we do so?

Nobody has really given a reason why it actually affects them as a person. All i read is that they are angry for the league. But why?
The league doesn't need us to be angry for them.

Salsero1

Nov 10, 2022
@Dr Pepper
I don't have an "everything is fine" approach. I just say why should i care If i cannot change it and it does not influence me?
And the NHL and its owners are the ones who care, they are affected by it and they seem to be fine with it over the last 30 years. So why should i, as a fan get worked up about it?

It does not help or change anything If i do. Or if anyboey else does so. It just doesn't matter to the overall situation. What it does, is making us feel angry, sad and whatever else.
Why should we do so?

Nobody has really given a reason why it actually affects them as a person. All i read is that they are angry for the league. But why?
It's insecurity about the US increasing its presence in hockey (playing with "their" toy), prejudices towards southern markets, and "why didn't they do this for Winnipeg and Quebec?"

I feel like if an entire country could get therapy, Canada would benefit. The NHL is never going back to 1985, nor should it.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaveG

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009

You're not a Coyotes fan yet this "tires you out"? Do you work for the Meruelo or the BOG or something? I'm wondering why you stress over this. Like, I get you have your own opinions, but enough to make you tired? Probably best to focus your energy elsewhere.

klefbombs shoulder

Jul 21, 2023
@Dr Pepper

Why should we do so?

Why do you care so much that people want to discuss the Coyotes? Its surely costing you energy to respond to any comment a non Arizona fan makes about the Coyotes Arena debacle. What outside fans say about the situation doesn't change the situation, so why do you care that it is being discussed?

Reactions: Fairview

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
Why do you care so much that people want to discuss the Coyotes? Its surely costing you energy to respond to any comment a non Arizona fan makes about the Coyotes Arena debacle. What outside fans say about the situation doesn't change the situation, so why do you care that it is being discussed?
To be honest? I am interested in why people think like that.

Dec 15, 2002
Insecurity about the US increasing its presence in hockey, prejudices towards southern markets, and "why didn't they do this for Winnipeg and Quebec?"
This has only been explained 4,848 times in the past but people don't like the answer they get.

klefbombs shoulder

Jul 21, 2023
To be honest? I am interested in why people think like that.
I don't really buy that your interested in "why people think like that". You are more interested in policing the discourse around the Coyotes in any general hockey thread. But sure, pretend its just a psychological fascination.

Its not a great mystery. An NHL franchise has played in a 5000 seat arena for 2 years, and looks to play there for several more at least. Naturally NHL fans will discuss this, on top of this teams potential relocation. This is a hockey forum, people will talk about the NHL here.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
I don't really buy that your interested in "why people think like that". You are more interested in policing the discourse around the Coyotes in any general hockey thread. But sure, pretend its just a psychological fascination.

. This is a hockey forum, people will talk about the NHL here.
I am not trying to police anything. I am just trying to make people think and ask themselves questions. I know that from personal experience that it does not help getting agitated about something that doesn't affect me and that i don't have an effect on. Its not good for our own mental well being.

Thats why i also ask those questions to my patients. Alot of times when working with kids and adolescents with ADHD or emotional dysregulation it helps to try to approach something like this from a pragmatic and logical standpoint. That way you first think about what something actually means instead of directly getting emotionally involved.

And yes this is a hockey forum but we alread have a thread for this. Two actually. The yotes thread and the BoH thread. And both actually provide more Insight into the topic and a factual discussion. While the majority of posts in here are mostly based on emotions. And i ask myself why that is.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Cold climates never required work for attention? You might want to check attendance history.

While you’re there you will also see Florida is top-10 in attendance. As is many warm climate cities.
Florida is top 10 in attendance after going to the cup final? You don't say?! 🤣 Can anyone name any team in any major sport that didn't get top 10 attendance after making it to the championship, win or lose? Sorry it hurts your feelings that I believe ATL isn't a good market, backed up by them losing multiple franchises to Canadian cities. But at the end of the day the NHL owners will command their puppet Bettman to put teams wherever they feel will make them the most money, be it in Hawaii, Atlanta, Houston or Barrow, Alaska so it doesn't matter how anyone in this thread feels.

Now, getting back on topic of the thread, as long as the owners are willing to lose money every year, the Coyotes are likely staying where they are...but check out this new article I found everyone-

I won't hold my breath but it sure is interesting.

At this point I'm convinced Bettman will let the team play all 82 games on the road before he relocates them.
Well if he'll let them play in a 5k seat amateur arena..playing all road games wouldn't be neither as bad nor as embarrassing

klefbombs shoulder

Jul 21, 2023
I am not trying to police anything. I am just trying to make people think and ask themselves questions. I know that from personal experience that it does not help getting agitated about something that doesn't affect me and that i don't have an effect on. Its not good for our own mental well being.
Concern trolling.

You are trying to police what people are saying about the Coyotes. Under the guise of "just asking questions".

People are free to criticize the Coyotes. If they want to call them a clown org, that's their right. Sorry if it upsets you (and it does). Maybe take a break from the internet.

I also have a hard time believing you see patients in a professional capacity given how much time you can devout to guarding the Coyotes good name on a small internet forum.
And yes this is a hockey forum but we alread have a thread for this. Two actually. The yotes thread and the BoH thread. And both actually provide more Insight into the topic and a factual discussion. While the majority of posts in here are mostly based on emotions.
So yes, policing. Thanks.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
@klefbombs shoulder
Think whatever you want.
Make any assumptions you want as long as you feel better by doing so, i am Happy.

And where am i guarding anything? I explicitly state that i don't care.

But yeah you do you and think whatever you want. Have a Nice day.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Florida is top 10 in attendance after going to the cup final? You don't say?! 🤣 Can anyone name any team in any major sport that didn't get top 10 attendance after making it to the championship, win or lose? Sorry it hurts your feelings that I believe ATL isn't a good market, backed up by them losing multiple franchises to Canadian cities. But at the end of the day the NHL owners will command their puppet Bettman to put teams wherever they feel will make them the most money, be it in Hawaii, Atlanta, Houston or Barrow, Alaska so it doesn't matter how anyone in this thread feels.

Now, getting back on topic of the thread, as long as the owners are willing to lose money every year, the Coyotes are likely staying where they are...but check out this new article I found everyone-

Well if he'll let them play in a 5k seat amateur arena..playing all road games wouldn't be neither as bad nor as embarrassing

All sorts of markets have had attendance issues at various times, including Canadian markets. The vast majority follow the success (or lack thereof) of the team. That isn’t unique to nontraditional markets.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009

Still avoiding explaining your ridiculous statement about cold-weather teams never having attendance issues...got it. Winnipeg, Hartford, and Quebec lost multiple franchises. And to get back to topic, it was reported and discussed earlier that the Coyotes were profitable last year. So, just keep being wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: DaveG and Chaos2k7

klefbombs shoulder

Jul 21, 2023
i couldn't give a damn.
You do.

You have been all over any Arizona related thread the last several months defending the org. Mostly by bringing up other examples of teams that have had strange arena situations. If you have such a fascination with why people do what they do online, maybe reflect on the amount of energy you are putting into discussing the Coyotes online.

Reactions: Fairview

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad