GDT: Late Night GDT for People Who Have No Wives - Edmonton @ Edmonton 2:00 PM MT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Once again we are unable to start the game with any sort of pace. Embarrassing d zone and neutral zone play across the board, that dumb shit pass by Kane right before the horn was emblematic of that period. Kraken are sending two forwards every forecheck and playing their centre high in the zone, but we still choose to not simplify.

4th line needs to be managed better going forward. They got absolutely shit on every shift they had. Same with Vinny.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
I always get nervous for afternoon games.. We really left Skinner out to dry there. The lead doesn’t change the fact that we had a sloppy period. They outworked us

On the positive side… Nuge is so f***ing good. He’s an elite two way player in this league and his versatility is invaluable

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I have noticed Skinner keeps an above .900 SP during the majority of all games
To me that's huge. So many people talk about the timing of goals against or the quality and how that matters to momentum or whatever. Or for a while it was about the win loss record. All that stuff is noise to me. It's all about the overall stats for a goalie. If they keep the base stats good, good things will happen over time.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Seattle is lower/middling talent team with high work ethic... which takes you a long ways if you can can consistently outwork superior teams (like the Oilers) on many nights

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
That Kane turnover is the type of shit the Oilers need to get out of their game. The play well for a stretch then just serve a pizza to the opposition and this is coming from from vets.

Reactions: K1984

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Good last 5 minutes of the period there. Goaltending the difference so far... It'd be nice to change that in the 2nd because we need to do a better job of carrying the play.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Thing is, that was the sort of period we should be expecting as a baseline for a starter. Skinner didn't even have to be miraculous at any point he just kept the team in it as they felt their way into the game. That's what goalies are paid to do.

No team plays at their absolute best all the time.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I don't think any team beats themselves more than the Oilers. It's rare that a team is just "better" than the Oilers.. much more common that the Oilers gift games away,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad