Paul Kariya vs Pavel Bure

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who was better?

• Paul Kariya

Votes: 49 26.6%
  • Pavel Bure

Votes: 135 73.4%

• Total voters

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
I'd pick Bure over Kariya but Selänne over Bure.
Pre-skate through Achilles, I think Selanne would have been top 5 of all time.

Kariya was basically as good as Selanne, although perhaps a slight edge to Selanne at his peak. Either way all 3 are extremely close.
Selanne’s rookie season was unfortunately his peak season.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Or that his peak season was his rookie season.

Yeah that’s for sure but just was he really going to top that again without injury? Hard to say really maybe he could’ve but I don’t know if he would’ve been a top 10 player of all time and almost certainly not top 5. Then again he did age unbelievably well considering all the injuries he overcame at different stages of his career so who knows really.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Yeah that’s for sure but just was he really going to top that again without injury? Hard to say really maybe he could’ve but I don’t know if he would’ve been a top 10 player of all time and almost certainly not top 5. Then again he did age unbelievably well considering all the injuries he overcame at different stages of his career so who knows really.
Absolutely not top-5. With perfect health and luck, I guess something like top-30 is possible.

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site
Kariya.
There's not much separating them offensively. Kariya played the scarce position, was more durable and a lot fewer goals were scored against him when he was on the ice.

Selanne was clearly better than either one of them. They combined 12 full PPG seasons, Selanne had 11 by himself. If you add up each of their 10 best together and compare it to Selanne's entire career, it's not far off. If you compare the 5 best seasons of all 3 players, Selanne blows them out of the water (5 best seasons PPG = 1.24 Bure, 1.23 Kariya and 1.38 Selanne).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad