GDT: Last Preseason Game - Habs B squad vs Sens Goons - 7pm EST

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Dvo's garbage goal today is the kind of garbage goal I could see him getting quite often playing wing with talented offensive players. And when I say garbage goal, I don't mean low quality, I mean the kind a good complimentary player gets by being around the net and shovelling in rebounds and shots from the slot.
Indeed.

For all the flack he (justifiably) received, he is a smart hockey player who understands where to be on the ice.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Let's remember why the Habs are not playing their 1st line.......and Newhoook is well aware of that.
The only win that matters tonight is for guy like Him, Guhle, and Xhekaj to stay healthy for the season.

I'm sure he will skate when the season starts.....
Pathetic excuse...
I haven't seen that out of the Senators.
"Hey Pinto don't bother skating we need you to stay healthy."
Xhekaj and Guhle are both bringing it so why you bring up their names is beyond me.
He's far more likely to get hurt when he isn't skating and he got completely buried that period while not moving his feet.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
yeah if they keep playing like this. We are drafting in the top 5 in 2025.
The only Habs D assured of a spot on the team is Guhle (Xhekaj/Barron will make the team but probably rotate). Sens have their full NHL D squad out tonight.

At forwards, Sens have Norris and Batherson too, Habs doesn't have a single 40+ point NHL forward on their line up (except Newhook if you want to count prorated but then add Pinto for the Sens, Gallagher is not that anymore).

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
The only Habs D assured of a spot on the team is Guhle (Xhekaj/Barron will make the team but probably rotate). Sens have their full NHL D squad out tonight.

At forwards, Sens have Norris and Batherson too, Habs doesn't have a single 40+ point NHL forward on their line up (except Newhook if you want to count prorated, Gallagher is not that anymore).
The Senators are a lot deeper than we are.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
I haven't been paying much attention to the Habs camp or preseason but has there been any positives at all during camp or in these preseason games for the Habs?

Just one man's opinion but

Hutson, Dach and Struble have been good stories for the Habs so far this camp.

Reactions: sheed36

HabSgt

Go Habs D'OH
Oct 19, 2019
Montreal
I haven't been paying much attention to the Habs camp or preseason but has there been any positives at all during camp or in these preseason games for the Habs?
Arber Xhekaj is a wrecking machine

1728175958162.jpeg

Lane Hutson was good, will probably make the team.

That is all.

Reactions: sheed36

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
They should be, 7 straight years of no playoffs will do that.
Yeah they are a couple of years ahead of us for sure.
Damphousse "The Senators are going to be a lot harder to beat than they were last year"
I wonder if he realizes we haven't beat them in 9 straight. :laugh:

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
So I missed the first 40 minutes.
With our lineup it looks like it was a game our management did not want to play by fear of injuries.

Weird pre-season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad